Recommend me some Drum&Bass! No Dubstep.

Goatchrist

Reaction score
So I'm just getting more and more into DnB!

I know just really few artists like SPOR or LIMEWAX(dunno if this really is considered DnB).

So I want you to post me some names and youtube vids so I can check these artists!

Thank you! :yesway:

PS. Don't post dubstep, I just don't like it, it bores me... :shrug:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ByDesign

:::::::::
Reaction score
I just started getting into DnB too.. and actual dub, not dubstep. I really dislike dubstep. I'm all for the groove of DnB though. So far I've been rocking a lot of Noisia!

m3l-mrq3z

Banned
Reaction score
Why would someone recommend you dubstep/brostep? It´s got nothing in common with dnb...oh well, the deep bass lines, maybe.

Try some Celldweller, Enduser, Blue Stahli...if you really like your beats crazy, get your hands on some Venetian Snares.

Thyzzz

Reaction score
Been listening to drum and bass for nearly 6 years now, and while I love all sorts of different music - it still remains my favourite style of music.

HTML:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z87x9kKt5pY
Unfortunately only a sample', since youtube removed the full version.

I'm not sure if you're looking for recommendations just in the style of Noisia, Spor, Phace, Misantrop (also a great name I can recommend!) etc. or not?

Here's some more soulful, melodic dnb (the name for that particular style of dnb would be 'liquid funk' or just 'liquid dnb') Summer vibes!

HTML:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHMli0zq-MU&list=FLxH6ouyLu4ldXvu5cHlLpOA&index=3&feature=plpp_video
HTML:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LVsNWJ8Ljk&list=FLxH6ouyLu4ldXvu5cHlLpOA&index=28&feature=plpp_video
HTML:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hWBnN-HPyk&list=FLxH6ouyLu4ldXvu5cHlLpOA&index=19&feature=plpp_video

Goatchrist

Reaction score
Why would someone recommend you dubstep/brostep? It´s got nothing in common with dnb...oh well, the deep bass lines, maybe.

It's just that I tried the same thing on FB and everyone suggested Dubstep cause they think I have never heard of it(don't ask me why, I don't see anything in common). Just wanted to make it clear. ;)

Thank you guys! Digging your stuff!
Liquid DnB is cool, but I think I like the "normal" little bit better, but you can still recommend it. :D

Keep it coming.

Goatchrist

Reaction score
^Love Future Engineers, so chill, so cool!

Try some Celldweller, Enduser, Blue Stahli...if you really like your beats crazy, get your hands on some Venetian Snares.
Cool variety of artists, dig it.
Venetian Snares is hard to follow, but great! :yesway:

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
Lots of great stuff here.

Drum & Bass mix search engine - crawling for D&B mixes and sets <-- searchable database to find DnB mixes. :yesway:

In terms of DJ mixes, I highly recommend Anything you can find by Andy C, Dieselboy, or even Craze when he's doing DnB. I've also been playing DnB for years, and you can get mixes by me at my website -> djsynrgy.com

In terms of original productions, Noisia and Spor are my favorites for sure. Evol Intent is also up there, for me. For more mellow stuff, it's pretty hard to beat LTJ Bukem. Labels that virtually never fail are Ram and Metalheadz.

Also, my favorite single DnB tune of all time is still "Messiah", by Konflict. It's arguably a little dated at this point (came out roughly 12 years ago :eek:) but it's influence on the genre is inarguable:

One could have a field day with all the classic tunes that are in the 'related videos' for that one, too. :yesway:

Anyway, I could do this for days. I'll stop for now. ;)

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
I love me some DnB

I accidentally stumbled upon this track while looking for bulb stuff on YT. Apparently there is a bulb DnB producer as well lol. But its a pretty cool track

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
An oldie but a goodie: I like Roni Size for DnB. It doesn't really qualify as DnB, but when in that frame of mind I also listen to Chemical Brothers Dig Your Own Hole.

Richie666

Reaction score
I have to second Noisia. Their self titled album (only one they have out?) is fantastic (EDIT: I meant Split the Atom, no self-titled exists). Really varied and creative take on the style.

If you know of Wagon Christ/Luke Vibert, he has a pretty seet DnB side project called Plug.

KoenDercksen

Quantum Realm
Reaction score
Noisia and Spor are awesome! Been listening to them for a looong time.

Check out Phace, Misantroph, Black Sun Empire, Current Value, Kill the Noise (maybe?), KOAN Sound (more hiphoppy but still freaky ass basslines), Receptor, Engage, Kung, Hexus, TriaMer, Xilent, DaVIP, Future Bound, Cliffhanga, Grinteck, High Maintenance, Ophlot, Ovey, Mefjus, and Phaces other collabs with Rockwell and stuff as well!

By the way, I don't get why everyone dislikes dubstep around here... Maybe it's just the Skrillex stuff, that I can understand, but there really is very good dubstep out there. I have loved the dungeon sound for a long time, guys like J:Kenzo, Icicle (who does more dnb than dubstep and who you should check out as well), Youngsta, District, Distance, Soap Dodgers, Kryptic Minds and the likes. Deep, emotionally thought out stuff. Not the stupid in your face gnarling distorted sounds that seems to be so popular these days..

KoenDercksen

Quantum Realm
Reaction score
Noisia recently re-released Split the Atom, featuring a remixpack with some of their newer songs (Could this be, Tommy's Theme) included!

KoenDercksen

Quantum Realm
Reaction score
Also, my favorite single DnB tune of all time is still "Messiah", by Konflict. It's arguably a little dated at this point (came out roughly 12 years ago :eek:) but it's influence on the genre is inarguable:

You might already have heard it, but Noisia's remix of Messiah is absolutely amazing:

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
You might already have heard it, but Noisia's remix of Messiah is absolutely amazing:

Love it! Of the two that came out at the same time, I preferred Spor's remix. Have it on picture-disc vinyl! :hbang:

CS172728-01A-BIG.jpg

CS172728-01B-BIG.jpg

KoenDercksen

Quantum Realm
Reaction score
Ahh that's wonderful. I really want to get into vinyl... Usually just DJ with CDs or full digital. I kind of want to buy a vinyl player that I can connect my KRK 6's to... Any recommendations? :D