Recording with Mooer Preamp pedal and Mooer Radar - possible Headroom issues

BlueTrident

Reaction score
2A8C08CF-0405-44CE-B83C-CAEBC4218F04.jpeg Hi all,

I’ve been setting up my Mooer Preamp 012 US Gold with my Mooer Radar and it’s sounding absolutely brutal. I bought them for the fact that it would help with recording good amp sounds on a budget without overloading my laptop with VSTs.

However when I have been recording a few takes it seems like there is not much, if any, headroom on them.

I was wondering if anyone else had any similar experiences and if they had any suggestions. Would it be better if I powered the preamp at 12V instead of 9V? Would I be better turning the Gain completely down and max the volume?

Thanks guys.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Descent

Reaction score
Too much preamp gain? Or somehow you're overloading the Radar gain stages?

Descent

Reaction score
Try the distortion pedal straight in first and once you get the right level for that, try to match with the other pedal (the IR) in the chain.

newamerikangospel

Tonight.......you
Reaction score
This may be an issue with your input on the laptop. It looks like you are running this with an 1/8th inch cable. Are you connecting to a mic inout or a line level input?

BlueTrident

Reaction score
This may be an issue with your input on the laptop. It looks like you are running this with an 1/8th inch cable. Are you connecting to a mic inout or a line level input?

It’s connected via my M-Audio M-Track 2 which is connected to my laptop via USB. I know it’s not the best but it’s what I got ‍♂️

Bentaycanada

Reaction score
Check your input levels on the audio interface. I recorded with a Mooer 012 (also 001, 002, 005, 009), and they was excellent. Never had an issue.