Replacing an Ibanez locking nut

• Thread starter Slaeyer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Slaeyer

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

After being a good SSO member and buying a used Prestige (RG1527) i noticed that I have to replace the locking nut as some of the threads are worn out.
It seems that 2LN1MAC002 seems to be the correct part number. But that thing is quite expensive with approx 120€.
Does anyone have experience with replacement parts of other manufacturers, e.g. Gotoh and if they are compatible regarding string spacing, height, radius, et cetera?

Are there any sites offering the specs of these parts?

Thanks a ton!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've never found a proper replacement, even the new Gotoh 7-string lock nut is 400mm radius vs. 430. In practice it won't make a huge difference though, and for $40 it's probably your best option.

But if the concern is threading, it's pretty easy to just tap new ones.

Just be glad you don't have a pre-03' through-neck nut like the RG7620. Those are unobtainium these days.

Slaeyer

Reaction score
I've never found a proper replacement, even the new Gotoh 7-string lock nut is 400mm radius vs. 430. In practice it won't make a huge difference though, and for $40 it's probably your best option.

But if the concern is threading, it's pretty easy to just tap new ones.

Just be glad you don't have a pre-03' through-neck nut like the RG7620. Those are unobtainium these days.
Thanks. I gonna give that a shot.
I guess those 30mm won't make much of a difference.

Yeah one of the threads in the saddle is pretty worn as the prev owner tried to fit a FR lock piece along with it's screw and overtightened it.

Rubbishplayer

Reaction score
MaxOfMetal beat me to it: rethread, a pretty simple job and the tap shouldn't be too expensive. Of course that may mean getting new hex bolts for the nut, depending on how bad the damage is, so plan ahead (e.g. get bolts that match the tap; you may need to cut them to correct length).