Reverbs

• Thread starter mongey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I guess you just have to decide if you like seeing pedals more than you like signal chain flexibility without cables, not needing a loop switcher, having a MIDI controller and effects in one unit, and a higher level of control over effect parameters (more than the strymons).

SnoozyWyrm

Reaction score
GFI System Specular Tempus (if you want some delay functionality mixed in as well) or Specular Reverb V3. The Specular Tempus I 've played had some pretty amazing/detailed reverb algorithms inside.

Sitruc_btb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I noticed no one mentioned the Walrus Audio Fathom reverb pedal. That's the pedal I want. Ive heard good things about the other pedals like Big Sky, Mercury7, but the Fathom is worth a look too Id say.

Backsnack

Many strings
Reaction score
Hard to go wrong with a Big Sky, especially since you already have a Timeline and want more flexibility than what the Blue Sky has to offer. The Cloud and Chorale modes are worth the price alone, not to mention how good the more traditional modes are.

If you don't need midi, you might also check out the Flint. I currently own a Big Sky and a Flint and they're different enough than I don't feel like I have to "choose" between keeping one or the other. I've also owned a Blue Sky and the Flint has a better range of usable sounds IMO. 60's mode for spring tones ranging from subtle to radical drip, 70's mode for "normal" plate sounds, and 80's mode for adding just a bit of space or infinite ambience. As a bonus, the tremolo options are top notch too.

I have no experience with any of the Empress/Source Audio/other high end options listed above, so I can't help with those comparisons.

Have you spent much time dialing in sounds on the TC Toneprint app? It adds a lot of flexibility to the Hall of Fame, which already has a good amount of modes/options just on the face of the pedal. I've had the V1 and V2 versions and the Church mode can do great ambient tones as long as you don't need to go 100% wet. It may be worth trying out the HoF again if for no other reason than they're a great bang for your buck and you can try using it in conjunction with whatever "main" reverb you end up with too.
The Flint is a great pedal. The Big Sky, however, is too expensive and is way overkill for most people. It’s also a giant pedalboard hog.

Lol, I am just happy with my Digitech RV-7, but I dont really use all these weird new synthpad Reverbs and such.
That’s an awesome pedal and even old crusty used ones still hold their value. Hang onto it!

Backsnack

Many strings
Reaction score
Another couple options to consider.

Don’t overlook Red Panda because they tend to make weird-sounding pedals. The Context v2 is versatile, has optional delay you can add with any reverb, and has special modulations that can be included into each reverb mode that complement all of them very well. Listen to how clear the reverbs are, insane fidelity. This is like a studio rack unit crammed into a boss sized pedal.

Also, Keeley just released the new Hydra Tremolo & Reverb pedal. This thing sounds absolutely GORGEOUS.

My only gripe with Keeley pedals is they don’t have MIDI.

mongey

Reaction score
Just watched a couple mercury 7 vids and it does sound great.

all said and done I've decided to stick with the empress . there is just something the the sound I prefer in the demos I watched . And I own, or have owned, 4 of their pedals and have been really happy with the quality

compressor
parra eq
tremelo
nebulus

I've bought and sold a lot of pedals over the years and there's not many regrets . selling the compressor is one I do regret .not sure why I did that

Backsnack

Many strings
Reaction score
Just watched a couple mercury 7 vids and it does sound great.

all said and done I've decided to stick with the empress . there is just something the the sound I prefer in the demos I watched . And I own, or have owned, 4 of their pedals and have been really happy with the quality

compressor
parra eq
tremelo
nebulus

I've bought and sold a lot of pedals over the years and there's not many regrets . selling the compressor is one I do regret .not sure why I did that
Can’t go wrong with Empress. They make fantastic pedals.

viifox

Reaction score
The BigSky is still the king of all reverb pedals, imo, and i've owned every high end reverb pedal out there.

But for something far more compact, and cheaper, I really dig the Immerse MKII.

KailM

Reaction score
Never underestimate the power of stacking different reverbs and delays.

I’ve got a Hall of Fame 2 and an EQD Afterneath, both great pedals in their own right. But blended together they are magical. By tweaking their parameters together I can create just about any kind of ambient texture I want. Sometimes I add my delay pedal too and with my volume pedal I basically have volume swell heaven.

Ericjutsu

Reaction score
How is the meris7 or any other reverb compare to big sky? I'm also looking for a reverb pedal that does it all from the standard hall and plate reverbs to really lush ambient ones.

mongey

Reaction score
What did you end up getting?
form catalinbrea d?

I had
the harmonic mesmeriser thing - sounded good but added way too much bass at the bottom of the sweep.at anything other than super subtle settings made my amp fart at rehearsal volume level
dirty little secret for trying to do a marshall-ish tone on my recto and it sounded shit

pedal were well made and all. just didn't work for me