RIP strictly7?

• Thread starter oath5
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
It sucks that ss.org has become the place where people learn the hard way about money and banking. I speak as a member of BBCA (bankrupt builder customer anonymous).

It also sucks that all my life I've actually been really good with making purchase decisions but somehow fell for empty promises.

I attribute ss.org to educating me on a vast array of instruments I might not have known about. I curse those that try and take advantage of us. Best of luck to all navigating these murky waters.

BTW: I'm about to order a Suhr Modern. No worries about delivery there :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Overtone

Reaction score
strictly 7 guitars?
more like strictly 1 employee

AfroSamurai

Reaction score
I have not posted in a while, but I still check ss.org frequently.

I'm one of the guys that bought a Strandberg on Septermber 2012 from S7 and I'm still waiting on a refund. At this point I'm pretty sure we are screwed, but if you guys have any news please share them.

Svava

Djento ergo sum
Reaction score
I hope everyone that's been affected by this gets their situation sorted out. I really hate seeing people suffer due to lack of integrity and poor work ethic.

Good riddance to this company seriously....

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
Only buy Suhrs.

...or Jackson or Ibanez or whatever is an actual company.

It took me a while to come to this conclusion, but I'm not that special. I can find what I need from the big name guys, perhaps with some small modification.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Jesus, what a f*cking cowboy. He and his company (or what's left of it) can piss right off.

I really hope you guys all get sorted out... surely there must be a way.

UltraParanoia

Reaction score
Was there any kind of lead time given when you placed the order?

I dont know good ole' America works, but in Australia you never DONT have an option. You could go to consumer affairs etc etc.
I would definitely be speaking to your bank, you havent gotten the goods you ordered in any way shape or form so they should be able to action something on your behalf.
I would also be emailing Strictly7 & threating further action (legal) if he doesnt either give you a full refund immediately or send you your ....ing guitar

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
I would also be emailing Strictly7 & threating further action (legal) if he doesnt either give you a full refund immediately or send you your ....ing guitar

Genuine question - if there are so many people being kept waiting (and it seems like there are LOTS) what are the chances the guitar actually exists in any recognisable form? And if he's bankrupt a refund seems unlikely...

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
...or Jackson or Ibanez or whatever is an actual company.

While Jackson won't go under and keep your deposit that still can happen with an authorized dealer which is what you have to go through. But yeah they're much more stable and safe. If you can wait the times (I'm currently at 2 years and 2 months) and be willing to pay upper echelon prices that is.

Rev.

maximummetal288

Reaction score
I messaged Curran on Facebook and he confirmed it. He was sick of not getting paid. I don't have much hope for S7 now that he's gone. It sounded like Jim was out of the shop working a second job to do what he could to pay his bills and his employees while Curran was the one in the shop doing most of the work.

oath5

Reaction score
Was there any kind of lead time given when you placed the order?

I dont know good ole' America works, but in Australia you never DONT have an option. You could go to consumer affairs etc etc.
I would definitely be speaking to your bank, you havent gotten the goods you ordered in any way shape or form so they should be able to action something on your behalf.

When I placed the order they said the buildtime was 3 months. Yes thats MONTHS.

Everytime I mailed I got bad excuses. So last fall they asked us customers via facebook to pay the final deposit. Those who did that would have their guitars built first based upon when the order was placed etc.

Paid it late september and got weekly updates on facebook/youtube for a while. But since newyear or something everything went quiet. I tried to email and so on without any respond.

Today I felt really annoyed so I contacted Curran on facebook and he told me the news.

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
Someone should post that to every possible thing that he may see. "I don't screw my customers." HAHAHAHA

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Where is Strictly 7 located?

nm: did a whois against strictly7.com to see it. Ohio..

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
I like how he took an hour to rant about "windbag trolls" and wasn't doing... You know... Guitar work. I also like how he paints himself to be infallible, yet everyone under his employ has jumped ship.