S Tier Deathcore albums

• Thread starter will_shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Anectine_Matt

Reaction score
Seeing a lot of the classics covered in here but not as much newer stuff so here are some particularly excellent releases from the last couple of years.

Enterprise Earth - Death: An Anthology
Spite - Dedication To Flesh
Signs of the Swarm - Amongst The Low & Empty
Crown Magnetar - Everything Bleeds
Orphan - Manifesto 1.0: Stages Of Grief
DeadVectors - The Gray
Teeth - A Biblical Worship of Violence
Viscera - Carcinogenesis
Spitting Teeth - Death
Darko US - Oni
Humanity's Last Breath - Ashen
Dr. Acula - Dr. Acula

A couple of those like Teeth and Dr. Acula might skew a little bit more metalcore but whatever, they're still rad as hell. That Orphan ep is one of the more insane things to drop in a while, it's basically 13 minutes of getting hit by a fucking train. Also the new Enterprise Earth album is an extremely well crafted metal record, kind of transcends deathcore to an extent and does a bit of everything REALLY well, I can't recommend it enough.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Dead to Fall - Villainy and Virtue album playlist

Not the heaviest but I give zero shits. It was the greatest time to be alive and with those folks.

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Newest Chelsea Grin album is literally Elden Ring music with Tom Barber making inhuman noises over it. It's the perfection of the moody Ableton noises and samples thing that every band has been trying for and it's well written and catchy. It's pretty recent so you can't call it a classic but I struggle to find an example of this in modern metal that is better.

This one has been stuck in my head for ages since it's super simple but hits all the boxes.

Doom music.

I can't post the whole album but I'll post this last song bc the breakdown and trem flutter in the middle makes me wanna vomit.

I know this forum is a bit of an older demographic and doesn't like modern deathcore but between this and the most recent Signs of the Swarm album I've been eating good.

I wouldn't call the albums the best of all time since they're hard to find but bonus mention to To the Grave for being what I wanna call the deathcore equivalent of Carcass (same lyrical vibe, not necessarily the riffs). If you haven't listened to them go check them out, really cool riffs and vocals plus the guitarist has a really sick RG2228A in white.

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
In no order:
Impending Doom - Serpent Servant and Death Will Reign
All Shall Perish - This is Where It Ends
Crimson Armada - Guardians
Shadow Of Intent - Primordial

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Heaven Shall Burn is my go-to cheesy deathcore. They distilled the formula down to the most deliciously catchy layered-vocal-riff-candy and I just don't feel the need to listen to anyone else. Iconoclast I and Antigone are probably my favorite albums. They have a ton of bangers but this one always scratches the itch.

Anectine_Matt

Reaction score
The one dude's high pitched vocals still kind of crack me up a bit but goddamn that ep just goes ridiculously hard throughout, Hourglass in particular turns me into a fucking caveman.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
The one dude's high pitched vocals still kind of crack me up a bit but goddamn that ep just goes ridiculously hard throughout, Hourglass in particular turns me into a fucking caveman.
"Holy shit I think I'm on fire" wild screams always set the mood. Excellent use of samples in that one in particular.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Sounds like I need to check out this ep

Also Chamber is more metalcore but they fuckin make you want to rip heads off too

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Can't go back and read too lazy, did anybody mention Jerome?

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Heaven Shall Burn is my go-to cheesy deathcore. They distilled the formula down to the most deliciously catchy layered-vocal-riff-candy and I just don't feel the need to listen to anyone else. Iconoclast I and Antigone are probably my favorite albums. They have a ton of bangers but this one always scratches the itch.

Did HSB switch from just, metalcore to deathcore? I had "Antigone" and there wasn't anything vaguely death-y on there, just straight up Drop C riffage.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Did HSB switch from just, metalcore to deathcore? I had "Antigone" and there wasn't anything vaguely death-y on there, just straight up Drop C riffage.
I'll be honest I don't actually know what constitutes deathcore, but wikipedia says they're deathcore lol

myhandhurts

kacey
Reaction score
TAS - 3750, Continent, and Wormwood
The Faceless - Akeldama
TAIM - Hate
Fellsilent - The Hidden Words (more djent than deathcore)

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Ingested's early albums are pretty fun, don't like how their guitar tone sounds currently though

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Can't go back and read too lazy, did anybody mention Jerome?
Eat the fucking gun!

I doubt it :lol: I think Midwesterners that grew up in the Myspace era are the only ones that really care about them.
Did you see that Elysia is making a comeback for some reason?

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Eat the fucking gun!

I doubt it :lol: I think Midwesterners that grew up in the Myspace era are the only ones that really care about them.
Did you see that Elysia is making a comeback for some reason?
I actually didn't but I totally had an ELYSIA FUCKING HATES YOU shirt back in high school, I miss that shirt.