Scale the Summit MegaThread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
I hereby petition StS to write a song called the Orchid that is even more mindblowing than the aforementioned tracks :lol:

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
wow, I finally caved and listend to the album on SC, and wow. Traveler and Dark Horse are easily my favourites outside of the 3 singles :hbang:

Doug N

Reaction score
I've been rotating StS and Chon, it would be great for those two bands to tour together. Add Govan and you'd have a sweet no-vocals trio of bands.

Housty00

Reaction score
YES! Guys, take Chon out on tour. Those dudes deserve it. I would pay money so hard for that, as long as there's a Fayettville, Arkansas stop. <3

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score
still waiting on mine to arrive. preordered through the StS store while they still had the CD+ picks bundles available. i also live in Houston too, weird.

JamesDuggan

Reaction score
The Migration was absolutely 110% worth the wait! (The previews did help though hehe)

Waiting for my vinyl get shipped and been blasting the CD I picked up the other day. This is all I'll be listening to for a good while.

Anyone gotten a chance to check out Chris' Technique Book??

Surveyor 777

I measure things
Reaction score
still waiting on mine to arrive. preordered through the StS store while they still had the CD+ picks bundles available. i also live in Houston too, weird.

I ordered from the STS store, the CD & pick bundle. Haven't gotten it yet or heard about shipping.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
AX1s1Lq.jpg

:yesway:

Khoi

Reaction score
I really wish they'd release digital tabs for individual songs. Even at $5 a song, I would more than gladly pay for a tab of Atlas Novus!

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
just a thought, I think the reason they're not selling GP tab is legal issues. Im not sure theyre legally allowed to sell tabs for a profit using someone else's software. and if they release it for free, it completely devalues the physical books

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
If anyone who has the tab book wants to pay me like $15, I'll gladly plug all the songs into GP5 for you. :lol: +1 for actually not having a life, right?

This album is starting to grow on me a lot more though. LOVE the intro to The Traveler. Not really "STS-ish" but marvelous anyway.

Khoi

Reaction score
just a thought, I think the reason they're not selling GP tab is legal issues. Im not sure theyre legally allowed to sell tabs for a profit using someone else's software. and if they release it for free, it completely devalues the physical books

PDF tabs are still perfectly fine. I would plug it into GP if I picked up the tab book anyways just because it's easier to learn. In my case, I only practice the guitar when I'm at the computer, so books are more of a hassle for me.

I know sharing the tabs is probably one of the biggest issues in distributing them digitally, but there are plenty of artists who release them like that. I've personally bought acoustic PDF tabs from Thomas Leeb, and he puts a password on all the tabs he sells, and each password is unique to that customer.

I think from a business perspective, it makes sense to sell the tabs individually AND as a book.. $20 is a bit much just to learn one or two songs off the album, but say $5 a song, that's not bad at all. It doesn't undercut the cost of the book, and it'll be more accessible to those who just want to learn a couple songs, who wouldn't buy the $20 book anyways.

Latest posts