Scale the Summit MegaThread

nicktao

Reaction score
So why aren't the tab books in guitar pro? Ive bought both previous tab books and the guide but why not release it in gp so people can slow down sections and incrementally increase speed? I find it so much easier than using the song to match tempo and slow down.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
So why aren't the tab books in guitar pro? Ive bought both previous tab books and the guide but why not release it in gp so people can slow down sections and incrementally increase speed? I find it so much easier than using the song to match tempo and slow down.

I asked that a couple pages back and it makes sense why they wouldn't. It would be nice, but there's tools that slow down music already so no big deal.

Blasphemer

Bird Law expert
Reaction score
Chris - Your guys' guitar tone on this album is RIDICULOUS. What did you use? Did you go with modeling, or are these real amps that I'm hearing?

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
The album is spectacular guys, had a listen through and it's your best work so far! I can't say enough about how complete each song feels, nothing sounds like it's placed there to take up space. And none of the songs feel like they're missing anything.

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
Achievement unlocked! :scream:

null_zps2df323a3.jpg

lawizeg

Reaction score
The album sounds so good, my only complaint is that it ends!

;(

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
The album sounds so good, my only complaint is that it ends!

;(

that was my only complaint with The Collective :lol:

I was listening to Drifting Figures for the first time, I still remember it, it was an autumn day, leaves falling accompanied by that beautiful clean an amazing bass, then came the first high-gain riff with that positive vibe, wich made me feel great as that day I knew that probably I would be moving from the city that I loved and where I grew, but I was trying to see the bright side on it.
Then came the buil-up in 2:10, I was waiting for the most awesome climax in the history of climaxes, the rhytm becomes lowder, double bass kicks in, ''Holy Shit, here it comes'' AND BAM, it ends, I wanted to cry, literally :(

yeah, I put on a lot of drama in there :lol:
but really, love I love that song, It reminds me my old home and neighborhood, and I still have a crisp clear image of that autumn day in my mind

Spaceman_Spiff

Contributor
Reaction score
Just finished the album. Got it in the mail today.

All I can say is AAAAAAAUUUUUGGHGGHHH!!!!!!!!!

Easily one of my favorite albums of all time from one of my favorite bands of all time. Keep up the incredible work guys! and I'll see you Thursday in Cleveland. :yesway:

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
Just finished the album. Got it in the mail today.

All I can say is AAAAAAAUUUUUGGHGGHHH!!!!!!!!!

Easily one of my favorite albums of all time from one of my favorite bands of all time. Keep up the incredible work guys! and I'll see you Thursday in Cleveland. :yesway:

grrrrr I dont even think my preorder shipped yet :'(

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
I've listened to this CD on repeat for the past 2 days.

This CD is amazing. It has instantly become one of my favorite CD's ever. All of the guys really brought their A game to this CD and it shows hardcore.

10/10

GlxyDs

Reaction score
I got to see Scale the Summit live for the first time on Saturday (in Edmonton, AB). It was amazing to see the boys on stage. I have never been to a concert with a band that sounded so clean and tight.

They played a good amount of new songs which I enjoyed. I wish I could have put their set on loop, it was amazing.

I am patiently awaiting my pre-order in the mail...

lawizeg

Reaction score
I was so hopeful my vinyl would come today....tomorrow must be it then!

That being said, I've heard the album and its definitely some of my favorite STS stuff. Anyone want to share top three songs?

1. Atlas Novus
2. The Olive Tree
3. Odyssey