Schecter KM-7 (Keith Merrow) Signature Thread

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
Can confirm the Mk3 hybrid doesn't fit into standard SuperStrat cases, at least not the SKB generic and ibanez RG prestige cases I tried. Had to use the old Coffin Case.
When I bought my 7mk3 they tossed in a Gibson Billie Joe Armstrong gig bag (the one with the horrible leopard spots in the interior) it it fit it is perfectly.

PRxZgNz.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Question:

I can buy a brand new Km7 MkII with Fishmans in See thru Black for relatively cheap.
Is this a satin finish? (Meaning will it fade to gloss over time)
One site says it's gloss but doesn't look like gloss

If both are satin, the natural pearl will have less problems with fading finish right?
km7 mkII is satin for both finishes.

RobDobble6S7

Professional shit talker
Reaction score
Classy looking. Makes me wonder if Sludge's "Geist" was inspiration with the cream and white etc.
May well have been, keith said in his discord he ordered it cause he wanted something a little more "dad rock" lmao

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
Classic SS.org
Gotta represent! Seriously though, I’d have completed the gold top vibe and gone with a natural back as well… but I fully acknowledge that it’s not my guitar.

Something like champagne looks better with a matched headstock imo.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Gotta represent! Seriously though, I’d have completed the gold top vibe and gone with a natural back as well… but I fully acknowledge that it’s not my guitar.

Something like champagne looks better with a matched headstock imo.

There was a vid on Simon's Instagram, it does have a natural back.

Edit: Found it

Also, I've never seen a KM in the flesh, is it as small as it looks? Or is Keith a towering human? Or have I just forgotten every time I've seen a guitar from this angle...

I've been looking for a amber/brown flame maple Ibanez so I'm on a big "metal versions of old man guitars" kick at the minute. I love this guitar!

TheBolivianSniper

Reaction score
There was a vid on Simon's Instagram, it does have a natural back.

Edit: Found it

Also, I've never seen a KM in the flesh, is it as small as it looks? Or is Keith a towering human? Or have I just forgotten every time I've seen a guitar from this angle...

I've been looking for a amber/brown flame maple Ibanez so I'm on a big "metal versions of old man guitars" kick at the minute. I love this guitar!

KMs are actually kinda big, same with Banshees

Keith is just massive

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
If memory serves me correctly, when I ran into him at GC we were roughly the same height and I’m 6’ 3”.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Hey I was right :lol: It is a custom-wound Schecter pickup.

AFAIR Keith is a rather tall guy.

But I lolled at CS guitar shipped in cardbox

Simon said it was on purpose since Keith already has a ton of cases.

Interesting!

Just noticed it has a battery box but a passive looking pickup... Any clues as to the new pickup?...

Either Schecter made an active pickup or maybe Keith wanted some kinda buffer installed. Might've gotten used to the low impedance signal of the Fishmans.

cip 123

Reaction score
According to Simon, it's not from scratch. They took an existing KM7 USA and heavily modified it. So the reason it has a battery box is because it HAD Fishmans in it.
No way they're sending a USA in a box like that :lol: