Schecter KM-7 (Keith Merrow) Signature Thread

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Oh my......

dxis0m.jpg

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
I like that type of burst/fade thing. Saito guitars (and I’m sure others) has been doing it a while and it looks cool to me.

cip 123

Reaction score
Definitely a cool take on a burst. Though it will obviously be a bit hit or miss for some.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
You know, it just hit me.

Keith definitely isnt Schecter's biggest name. That's probably Syn Gates.

Yet Keith has the widest ranged, most varied series in the artist lineup. 3 different models, each one having a 6 or 7 string option, and one of them has 3 different price ranges (Indo, Korea, USA custom). EDIT: Also, one of them has several special edition versions, with the limited edition colors and FR-S versions.

I don't know why that's so mind blowing to me. :lol:

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
Keith definitely isnt Schecter's biggest name. That's probably Syn Gates.

Yet Keith has the widest ranged, most varied series in the artist lineup.

I daresay he had a big influence on the brand as a whole, helping them find their post-gaudy-butt/goth-metal identity.

Nothing against gaudy-butt/goth-metal, but it kept them pigeonholed for quite some time.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I daresay he had a big influence on the brand as a whole, helping them find their post-gaudy-butt-metal identity.

Nothing against gaudy-butt-metal, but it kept them pigeonholed for quite some time.

I think I remember Keith talking about it? About how he kinda gave some consulting regarding their normal production line?

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
I think I remember Keith talking about it? About how he kinda gave some consulting regarding their normal production line?

The KM-7 MKI was kind of a milestone on this board. It felt like we finally had a seven spec’d by “one of us”. In my mind it brought Schecter from being a legitimate player in the ERG market to becoming a serious contender.

Yul Brynner

Fabricated Background
Reaction score
Yeah. I remember the days of diamond series schecters being made specifically for 13 year old goth and emo kids and being sold exclusively at hot topic hanging next to pewter skull and pentagram necklaces. Keith saved it from that and helped turn it into a line with something for everyone.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I've always looked at the KM series as less of a signature line and more of just a series within Schecter's catalogue. Kinda like the Banshee series.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
I've always looked at the KM series as less of a signature line and more of just a series within Schecter's catalogue. Kinda like the Banshee series.

Yeah, it's almost like a guitar company within a guitar company.
If Keith ever broke away and started his own brand...dang
We'd get another killer brand of guitars. Schecter (imo) would be left as only half of what it is now though.

NotQuiteWes

Reaction score
Okay, so I went to a heavier gauge B, still some buzz. I think I've deduced that it's not the nut, rather the saddle causing it. Anyone have a similar issue?

Zado

Reaction score
The KM-7 MKI was kind of a milestone on this board. It felt like we finally had a seven spec’d by “one of us”. In my mind it brought Schecter from being a legitimate player in the ERG market to becoming a serious contender.
I also remember when Mike Ciravolo asked me to do sort of a poll here asking what'd be the best possible price friendly 7 string we could think of, with all features, details and stuff....unfortunately it was about the time the first KM-7 came out, so everyone replied "the KM-7" and he felt pissed like hell :D

Yul Brynner

Fabricated Background
Reaction score
I also remember when Mike Ciravolo asked me to do sort of a poll here asking what'd be the best possible price friendly 7 string we could think of, with all features, details and stuff....unfortunately it was about the time the first KM-7 came out, so everyone replied "the KM-7" and he felt pissed like hell :D
Yeah I always felt like Kieth has his finger on the throbbing vein of the community and knows the gist of what we like.