Schecter KM-7 (Keith Merrow) Signature Thread

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ReleasedtoReign

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I amend my earlier statement about the extra jumbo frets……
I’m not touching the fretboard, not even close lol I can see straight through underneath my finger/string and the fretboard while fretting I guess it was just so comfortable and didn’t feel that much different that I assumed it was resting on the wood, nope. I pressed super hard deliberately bending the note out of whack until it went sharp until I could feel the wood and was like ‘oh yeah that’s what my other guitars feel like lol’ good grief, not a big difference in feel at all but had to correct myself on that, again it doesn’t come close to the fretboard wood really. Guess that means the action/setup and whatnot on it must be stellar for me to not notice because I’ve played other guitars with frets like these years ago and it was noticeable and I didn’t like it, maybe it’s just that my playing/technique has matured over the decades (I know it has but still thought it would be weird but it’s not at all it feels natural and if anything just easier to play on)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ReleasedtoReign

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Holy crap! Face melted away by the shear awesomeness of this guitar! Found totally usable clean and less heavy tones on the middle and neck positions and some nice things with the different voices there too and OMGHFS the bridge is straight up legit brutal sounding it totally reacts like a passive pickup they both do for that matter but that bridge especially in the custom voice is just wow. There’s something definitely unique about these pickups and they’re definitely different but they’re growing on me but anyways I’ll quit going on about it. I played on it for hours at the place I played through several amps I used a Lainey Ironheart tube head that was hooked up through an Orange cab, a blown out 5150 III that only the red channel worked on it through the matching cab on that one, a Mesa Boogie of some kind I forget which model but it was a very nice Mesa combo amp and a couple of fenders I believe a deluxe bass man or something like that and another one too.
I’ll share pictures soon sorry bout that !!

ReleasedtoReign

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Do I have to somehow compress photos to be able to share them here?? I have about 10 photos ready to share and even a single one is too large I am not familiar with this website to see immediately what to do and I’ve got a lot going on today with my family would anyone who has time to do so try to explain straightforwardly what to click on here to get this going where I can upload photos ? Thanks I’ll check back later when I have time and try to get them uploaded once somebody explains how lol but I do have some pretty great photos ready to share wait until you see this thing OMGHFS I’m not even kidding she’s absolutely stunning and she feels just as good as she looks!

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Do I have to somehow compress photos to be able to share them here?? I have about 10 photos ready to share and even a single one is too large I am not familiar with this website to see immediately what to do and I’ve got a lot going on today with my family would anyone who has time to do so try to explain straightforwardly what to click on here to get this going where I can upload photos ? Thanks I’ll check back later when I have time and try to get them uploaded once somebody explains how lol but I do have some pretty great photos ready to share wait until you see this thing OMGHFS I’m not even kidding she’s absolutely stunning and she feels just as good as she looks!

Take a screenshot of the existing picture in your phone. That usually reduces the size.

ReleasedtoReign

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Pictures as promised. Sorry it took me so long. Every day I fall more in love with this beauty. Thank you, Schecter Guitar Research and Keith Merrow for designing it thank you to the craftsman who handmade her and thank you Lord for blessing me with this instrument. It’s only letting me upload one photo at a time I will go through the list and post each photo as a reply to this message I apologize but I don’t know how else to get them all shared, thankfully someone suggested taking screenshots of existing photos so I can share them and thanks for that!

Attachments

• FF9D0AA7-1BDF-4180-9CF1-8D968D001BF5.png
    FF9D0AA7-1BDF-4180-9CF1-8D968D001BF5.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 51

ReleasedtoReign

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Pictures as promised. Sorry it took me so long. Every day I fall more in love with this beauty. Thank you, Schecter Guitar Research and Keith Merrow for designing it thank you to the craftsman who handmade her and thank you Lord for blessing me with this instrument. It’s only letting me upload one photo at a time I will go through the list and post each photo as a reply to this message I apologize but I don’t know how else to get them all shared, thankfully someone suggested taking screenshots of existing photos so I can share them and thanks for that!
Picture 2
(Some of the best photos won’t make it to you at all to see because even shrunk down by screenshooting some of them are still too large, such a shame they have such a small limit on the photo size allowed seems to be about 1.5 mb at best I think and the nicest photos are about 2.5-3mb after shrinking with screenshots)

Attachments

• A2F193E2-7E3F-4153-BD56-2F7CD51D0671.png
    A2F193E2-7E3F-4153-BD56-2F7CD51D0671.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 63

ReleasedtoReign

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Picture 2
(Some of the best photos won’t make it to you at all to see because even shrunk down by screenshooting some of them are still too large, such a shame they have such a small limit on the photo size allowed seems to be about 1.5 mb at best I think and the nicest photos are about 2.5-3mb after shrinking with screenshots)
3rd picture

Attachments

• 85987EBD-241D-41C4-AE8C-0DDEFE1984A3.png
    85987EBD-241D-41C4-AE8C-0DDEFE1984A3.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 61

ReleasedtoReign

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
More pics
I downloaded an app to compress photos I didn’t want to but it made me mad I couldn’t get a single photo of this beautiful handmade top to upload so I did what I had to but I gotta go after this I’ll compress more of the kickass photos tonight or soon and upload them I hope this doesn’t look like sh!t from compressing it so much it went from 5mb to 247kb lol

Attachments

• 164E0247-DA3D-49B7-BA1A-2931A4381248.jpeg
    164E0247-DA3D-49B7-BA1A-2931A4381248.jpeg
    261.7 KB · Views: 47

RobDobble6S7

Professional shit talker
Reaction score
You could also upload them all to imgur and post the link to the gallery:agreed:

aWoodenShip

Reaction score
So I finally got back into town after going to pick up a MK III for sale. And man this thing is nice. Especially for an import guitar. As someone who's never liked Schecter guitars before, I enjoy playing on this thing as much as my Ibanez's. That being said, I really do not jive with these pickups lol. They can do some really good clean/low gain stuff, but I'm having a hard time getting the tone I'm used to from them.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
How well does the MKIII balance?

The forward strap button looks to extend to around the 14th or 15th fret rather than the more typical 12th fret like a Strat.

With the extended scale, I worry about neck dive.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
How well does the MKIII balance?

The forward strap button looks to extend to around the 14th or 15th fret rather than the more typical 12th fret like a Strat.

With the extended scale, I worry about neck dive.
YMMV since I’m one of those dudes that plays with it up at my chest, but the slight dive is pretty negligible. It definitely hangs a little bit towards the headstock, but not in any way that’s detrimental

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Maybe not the best thread to ask in, but what’s the verdict on the US built KMs versus their Mayones equivalents?

I just sold my KM7 MkIII, and I’m itching to replace it soon. I would have kept it as it was definitely the nicest production guitar I’ve ever had sub $2k, but upcoming bills had to take precedence.

Long story short, I’m looking at getting something that’s a step above all these import models, but I don’t have the option to try either in person. I can always default back to the MIK line, but I am curious.

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
Maybe not the best thread to ask in, but what’s the verdict on the US built KMs versus their Mayones equivalents?

I just sold my KM7 MkIII, and I’m itching to replace it soon. I would have kept it as it was definitely the nicest production guitar I’ve ever had sub $2k, but upcoming bills had to take precedence.

Long story short, I’m looking at getting something that’s a step above all these import models, but I don’t have the option to try either in person. I can always default back to the MIK line, but I am curious.
Im sure the US versions are amazing but for me i would probably lean to Mayones simply because I could get a 27" 6 string and they have a lot more finish options.

A true masterwork custom Schecter would be amazing but the cost is very high. Too high for me.

ReleasedtoReign

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

The USA Custom Shop Schecter km7 mkiii I got is amazing. I traded in a ebmm Majesty 7 for it, no regrets at all, I’ve owned a ebmm JP6, a USA Jackson Rhoads, and many many high end imports. This Schecter is awesome.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
The USA Custom Shop Schecter km7 mkiii I got is amazing. I traded in a ebmm Majesty 7 for it, no regrets at all, I’ve owned a ebmm JP6, a USA Jackson Rhoads, and many many high end imports. This Schecter is awesome.
Does your KM7 MKIII neck dive? Or does it stay with the neck up around a 45 degree angle?

ReleasedtoReign

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Does your KM7 MKIII neck dive? Or does it stay with the neck up around a 45 degree angle?
Doesn’t dive in the slightest. Perfectly balanced to me and very, very light and stays at a 45 degree angle when I take my hands off of it. Please keep in mind I’ve never played the import version of the KM guitar to compare it to but no this one does not neck dive in the slightest and I don’t think that this finish on the neck will be chipping/peeling off etc.. (the feel of the neck reminds me a lot of the wax/gunstock oil or whatever it was that was on the back of my EBMM JP6 many years ago, though I’m not saying it is that I don’t know what it is but it feels great).