Seymour Duncan Mark Holcomb Scarlet/Scourge set

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Selkoid

Reaction score
Would love to hear an A/B between the new set and the AO, kind of hoping they're pretty different, I never really vibed with the original alpha / omega set.

Reactions: BTS

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
If they release them (they won't) in soapbar size I'd be pretty interested on these. There are no A8 7-string pickups on the market right now unless you go custom.

Legion

Slightly cynical, mostly okay, completely drunk.
Reaction score
If they release them (they won't) in soapbar size I'd be pretty interested on these. There are no A8 7-string pickups on the market right now unless you go custom.
Adam from Elysian will build you whatever you want. I know you said "unless you go custom" but I sincerely think that when these drop, Seymour Duncan will ask custom prices. Might as well go Custom now...

EDIT: about them not building soapbar sizes, they might. But then again their obstinate refusal to release their shit with triangular tabs says otherwise..what do I know lol

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Adam from Elysian will build you whatever you want. I know you said "unless you go custom" but I sincerely think that when these drop, Seymour Duncan will ask custom prices. Might as well go Custom now...

EDIT: about them not building soapbar sizes, they might. But then again their obstinate refusal to release their shit with triangular tabs says otherwise..what do I know lol

I've already had A8 pickups from Elysian. The point is that having more alternatives is always nice. I like having different brands/sets on each guitar.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score

you do know you can just trim the tabs right?

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
A dealer would be able to special order you a set, no?

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
A dealer would be able to special order you a set, no?

Nope. The SD Floor Model (or whatever it was called) Custom no longer exists. Either Custom Shop (w/ Custom Shop prices) or nothing.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Nope. The SD Floor Model (or whatever it was called) Custom no longer exists. Either Custom Shop (w/ Custom Shop prices) or nothing.
Damn, really? I must have missed that. I thought it was still on their site. :(

NotQuiteWes

Reaction score
I ordered my Zebra set of Alpha/Omega's through Sweetwater. That was in 2019. They called it a Shop Floor Custom if I remember correctly.

Swyse

Swyse
Reaction score
I really liked the alpha/omega set i had for a whiel. In the video he said something along the lines of it needing to have 3 things, aggression, articulation and clarity. What is the difference between articulation and clarity, because those were always basically the same thing to me?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I really liked the alpha/omega set i had for a whiel. In the video he said something along the lines of it needing to have 3 things, aggression, articulation and clarity. What is the difference between articulation and clarity, because those were always basically the same thing to me?
It's going to have clarity and ***super clarity***

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I can only guess he's trying to make a distinction between clarity at the note onset vs clarity during the sustain of the note, but it's hard to decipher the intentionality of bullshit.

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
The guys from Periphery are masters of marketing. This'll be a nice boost to pickup sales for Duncan to get more interest. I mean, they've already had Titans, Juggernauts, Ragnaroks... Making a living as a musician takes effort, so gear merch is a solid move.

That all being said, I already have Alpha-Omegas on a few of my guitars. The set in my 2014 PRS P24 quilt top Blood Orange was one of the limited release custom shop runs of the Alpha-Omega set. I still even have a spare set of 7s that I have toyed with putting into my RG to replace the Titans that now reside in it.

Alpha-Omegas are great. I never found them lacking in any department. It's cool that he has a new flavor coming out though. The new color might excite some new buyers if nothing else!

SubsonicDoom99

Reaction score
I love the Alpha/Omega set in most instances I've tried or heard them. Very curious to know how this set is going to compare or contrast to them.
I have a feeling it's going to sound significantly different, but we'll see.
Tend to be a sucker for an A8 magnet so that alone has me intrigued.
As for the articulation and clarity thing, yeah to me there is a definite difference between the two.
I guess it depends on how you use the terms and what they mean to you.
Ultimately regardless of what is said in these videos or what anyone else says I'll have to hear them and play them for myself to see if it's legit or not.

Latest posts