Shape of Despair "Monotony Fields" out June 16th. Get sad.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
Time for some summer depression to along along with the BBQ'ing and tanning, and games of grab-ass and whatever else people do. I will be enjoying the hell out of this album. I've been a long time fan and it's been a long freaking time since they released anything! So long I don't even care how good it is or not at this point. If you enjoy Funeral Doom, or just need something to bum you out while driving in the rain, this is it.

STREAMING: Shape of Despair "Monotony Fields"

"'Monotony Fields', is a song which reflects the album and its atmosphere the most for us. Slow trip into the mind of desperation," says Shape of Despair in a band-released statement.
As if Shape of Despair's storied catalog is filled with joy and dancing. Since the group's debut, Shades of..., the Finns have plied the slow motion waters of funeral doom. They've taken from countrymen Thergothon, Skepticism, and Unholy, but the Finns were never subservient. They were always interested in painting different pictures of horror. Whether it's the sylvan majesty of Shades of... or the urban black of Illusion's Play, Shape of Despair have been peerless. So, it's with great pleasure we are able to premiere new Shape of Despair track, "Monotony Fields".

Shape of Despair's new album, Monotony Fields, is out June 16th on Season of Mist Records. Pre-orders are available HERE. Funeral doom fans are well advised to pick up this early summer bummer.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Didn't listen, but when I read a thread title shape of despair/ monotony I actually thought this was going to be about RGs/superstrats.

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
I listened to the new track yesterday, and I love it. Putting the word 'monotony' in the title of a doom song seems like it would open it up for mockery, though. :lol:

Latest posts