Show me your best work to date!

• Thread starter ravvydabby
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ravvydabby

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I won't hear/see something that you've put together/worked on, that you're most proud of! (sorry ahead of time if this is already a thing somewhere else)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
This song-

Stepped outside my normal metal stuff after I got a Strat last year and set it up, the first thing you hear in the song was the first thing I played on that guitar. What makes it unique for me, aside from the genre, was that it’s 95% improvised; the lyrics, vocals, guitars, etc. It was the rare occasion where everything coming out just worked. Aside from the programmed drums and double tracked chorus, 98% of that is a first take. Kinda hard to describe how I did it, I basically played the clean guitar through the entire song to a click, then went back and played different instruments over it.

And it was the first time I really felt I had an actual emotional connection to what I was doing; it was a really rough period of life and everything in that song is so reflective of all of it. When I was done and listened to a playback I shit myself because when you’re in the midst of it, it’s hard to see the forest from the trees, I was just working as fast as I could to get all the ideas out; the bells in the intro, the Floyd-ish keys, it was all floating in my head at once and it was a mad dash to get it out before it went away.

There are some imperfections here and there, but I left them in for the sole reason that it’s kind of the point of the song and feeling I had at the time; I had overachieved my goals at that point in life after busting ass for it for so long and then everything fell apart and it was entirely out of my control. Like “Ah yes, you’ve made it, but fuck you, life isn’t perfect.”

Last edited:

WarMachine

Reaction score
The best production, and guitar/bass tone I've gotten. Everything just worked for this song and it was a lot easier oddly enough

Click Here
Dude, i just listened to The New Flesh. That's some good shit man, catchy as fuck.

EDIT: My bad, Controversy was what i was talking about lol. Checking The New Flesh now.

Reaction score
This was an online collaboration I was asked to do. My participation is only on the electric guitar and some tips here and there about the mixing. The overall composition was already done, I just added the electric guitar parts. Video is what the video is and I do not show there nor had any hand in it. Nevertheless I'm kind of proud of the guitar solo.

There's also the PSIORB's stuff, but we haven't released anything officially yet, just some rehearsal vids on our youtube channel...

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
I did mixing and mastering (plus some input on the drum programming) on this album that released in January. There's always small details you want to change afterwards as with every project, but overall I'm very proud of how it came out.

man, sounds killer, which drum library you used here?

in my case; I wouldn't say it's my best mix, but im pretty proud of this one considering the huge challenges that arised here

the band recorded at a pretty basic studio, at first; guitars were done with a Fender Frontman and some cheap pedals, drums were poorly miced and the producer wasn't quite sure regarding how to approach the arrangement as he was new to working with Metal bands. The band decided to have somone else to mix the song and got me in the project. I had to edit the living shit out of the drums and bass, learn the song, re-record guitars, and re-record the vocals

scolio1978

Reaction score
this one turned out neat. had a house fire and was staying in a nice condo paid for by insurance while the house was being rebuilt. bought a pod hd bean and borrowed my friends 8 string ibanez. wrote a handful of songs. ended up sharing the stems and this guy Simon made a sweet mix of it. the bass is an alembic epic 5 string recorded into and axe-fx.

8 string 2 mixed by Simon Morr….com.wav

deathbyguitar

Reaction score
I released a song as an April Fool's joke that was more-or-less a proof of concept for an album I'm working on...and have been working on since I was like 19. I'm 34 now lol.

It's a cover of Where the River Flows by Collective Soul.

The idea behind this was to record something quick using the same tones (guitars,drums,bass) I'd use for the album to see if I'm on the right track. Tracks were recorded in an evening. Was mixed in an hour or so before bedtime. Vocals were rushed like crazy. So this is like a demo but using someone else's song. The joke was I've been talking to people about releasing music for like 17 years and then I release a cover instead.

I think it turned out okay. Gonna use a different IR for guitars next time. Will also spend weeks mixing/mastering instead of doing it all in like an hour.

PRS Custom 24 ->Axe-FX III (Recto 2 Red Modern) -> York Audio MES OS 412 V2 Mix 17
Toontrack Allaire/Hit Factory SDX's for drums
Other stuff blah blah blah

ravvydabby

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
man, sounds killer, which drum library you used here?

in my case; I wouldn't say it's my best mix, but im pretty proud of this one considering the huge challenges that arised here

the band recorded at a pretty basic studio, at first; guitars were done with a Fender Frontman and some cheap pedals, drums were poorly miced and the producer wasn't quite sure regarding how to approach the arrangement as he was new to working with Metal bands. The band decided to have somone else to mix the song and got me in the project. I had to edit the living shit out of the drums and bass, learn the song, re-record guitars, and re-record the vocals

i really like what you did here with this... if it were me, id totally just scratched all the studio stuff instead of trying to work with poorly recorded material out the gate. but what you made out of what sounds like a complete nightmare of a situation id say you did hella good! what kinda person mixing a song has to learn the parts just to re-track them? like damn kudos x1000 on that! sounds real good also

GalacticDeath

Reaction score
If we're talking about mixing/mastering then this is probably the release I'm most proud of. Mainly because it's the closest I've ever gotten to replicating the sound I hear in my head. I mixed this 7 years ago, but unfortunately my progress in mixing and audio production has plateaued because it hasn't been my main focus, and I feel like I'm actually worse now at that stuff than I was before. Nowadays I usually just hire people to mix my music, but I have been wanting to get back into it.