Show me your best work to date!

• Thread starter ravvydabby
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I stopped making death and black metal a long time ago, preferring to try more rock oriented styles and riffing. I tried writing a black metal song just to see if I still had it. I'm still very pleased with how this turned out. Also tried some tricks to get that black metal atmosphere and it worked out perfectly.

Here

Last edited:

Cheap

.....ite
Reaction score
I put out an instrumental release that I'm particularly proud of earlier this month. Really pleased with the tones on it and it was super satisfying doing everything myself from writing, recording, to mixing. Tried out Jay Maas' Maastr.IO site for the mastering and for what I'm doing I think it's great!

This is the most amount of songs I've had put together for a release after being used to putting out singles and little baby EP's or just doing session work on my friend's tracks. I procrastinated for a really long time, changed keys/tunings more than I'd like to admit before settling and now I wish I just did everything in standard 😆

Ended up replacing my bass performances with GroveBass and using Mixwave Gojira for all the drum sounds

scolio1978

Reaction score
I put out an instrumental release that I'm particularly proud of earlier this month. Really pleased with the tones on it and it was super satisfying doing everything myself from writing, recording, to mixing. Tried out Jay Maas' Maastr.IO site for the mastering and for what I'm doing I think it's great!

This is the most amount of songs I've had put together for a release after being used to putting out singles and little baby EP's or just doing session work on my friend's tracks. I procrastinated for a really long time, changed keys/tunings more than I'd like to admit before settling and now I wish I just did everything in standard 😆

Ended up replacing my bass performances with GroveBass and using Mixwave Gojira for all the drum sounds

cool writing! cheers.

robotwithhumanhair22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Likely this one - it's a re-do of a song I wrote a few years back. Wasn't content with the mix and some parts were lazily written in the original, so I figured why not go balls to the wall about it? It's even got a sax solo now for crying out loud.

I'm primarily a 7/8-string player and I aim to write and record more stuff like this with more strings (provided I achieve a mix that I'm legitimately happy with), but I'm for sure proud of this one. :fever:

Last edited:

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
i really like what you did here with this... if it were me, id totally just scratched all the studio stuff instead of trying to work with poorly recorded material out the gate. but what you made out of what sounds like a complete nightmare of a situation id say you did hella good! what kinda person mixing a song has to learn the parts just to re-track them? like damn kudos x1000 on that! sounds real good also

thanks a lot mate!
the challenge I got from this project really made me more confident regarding what I could do as a mixer/producer, but also made me a lot more picky regarding which projects I took :lol:

scolio1978

Reaction score
Likely this one - it's a re-do of a song I wrote a few years back. Wasn't content with the mix and some parts were lazily written in the original, so I figured why not go balls to the wall about it? It's even got a sax solo now for crying out loud.

I'm primarily a 7/8-string player and I aim to write and record more stuff like this with more strings (provided I achieve a mix that I'm legitimately happy with), but I'm for sure proud of this one. :fever:

that vocal clip at 1:31. the succulent chinese meal guy. well done sir.

duffbeer33

Reaction score
I did mixing and mastering (plus some input on the drum programming) on this album that released in January. There's always small details you want to change afterwards as with every project, but overall I'm very proud of how it came out.

This song was great. Reminds of some of the modern djent stuff -- could definitely be a Novelists FR song. Cheers to a job well done!

Protestheriphery

Reaction score
No chugs, just chill. The production quality is kind of struggle, as is reflected by the place I'm writing from. Hence, these mean a lot to me.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
I posted this in its own thread hoping to get some response, but I think this is best sounding and one of the cooler tracks I've ever written. Mathy/proggy/hardcore stuff! Would love some feedback.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score

This is super cool. It reminds me of an indie-ish version of Intronaut from the Habitual Levitation era.

RobertVII

Reaction score
I've been working on a wild Future Bass/Shred Metal kinda thing. The entire song is based on Jojo's Bizarre Adventure part 3.

Christopher Har V

Reaction score
Click thru the link in my signature! It's a FULL STREAM of an instrumental EP I recently remastered myself. If you'd like to hear what an infusion of Dream Theater, Meshuggah, Joe Satriani, Fates Warning, and Rush sounds like, give it a listen!