Show Me Your Caparison Thread

Surveyor 777

I measure things
Reaction score
Thanks!

I feel like as I get older I get crazier and buy guitars that I never would have thought about 10 years ago.

Definitely not a guaranteed buy, but I want to get as much info as I can before spending that much cash. Will probably take me a couple of months to decide - just to make sure I really want it or if it's just an impulse feeling.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jaxadam

Reaction score
Thanks!

I feel like as I get older I get crazier and buy guitars that I never would have thought about 10 years ago.

Definitely not a guaranteed buy, but I want to get as much info as I can before spending that much cash. Will probably take me a couple of months to decide - just to make sure I really want it or if it's just an impulse feeling.

The Horus is a nice guitar. Mine feels great, the body is pretty lightweight for mahogany, and the only thing underwhelming were the stock pickups. I've talked about this at length but I put a Duncan Hybrid JB/Custom 5 and Hot Rails in there and now that thing is a machine.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
The Horus is my go-to guitar most of the time. I love that it's a 24,75" scale and that the neck doesn't feel tiring at all to play over long periods of time. The 27 frets are a bit down to individual preference - I use them in my tapping antics, others don't. I quite like the stock pickups, to the point of getting a set for my older 2011 Horus that's been around the globe with me a couple times, but such things are very subjective, of course.

Construction quality, balance when playing (standing and sitting down) and reliability are spot on, and I don't think you can go wrong with one, but it does depend on what you're after.

Surveyor 777

I measure things
Reaction score
The Horus is my go-to guitar most of the time. I love that it's a 24,75" scale and that the neck doesn't feel tiring at all to play over long periods of time. The 27 frets are a bit down to individual preference - I use them in my tapping antics, others don't. I quite like the stock pickups, to the point of getting a set for my older 2011 Horus that's been around the globe with me a couple times, but such things are very subjective, of course.

Construction quality, balance when playing (standing and sitting down) and reliability are spot on, and I don't think you can go wrong with one, but it does depend on what you're after.

Thank you for the info!

ChrispyFinch

Reaction score
I had posted awhile back on this thread about looking for a Caparison.
Well I found a deal and this is on the way!
So thanks for igniting the GAS.
AHRh2paJwFluEgaUfKiFEBA4VlnlALVlSPxZA6SzePCBJJKQjbfHwvGN9jddNnmv8Mg_yd60U8CXnCVF74Dlh1LZX_bmqcAY4xviLBxv3Sq0G3Zkxmpi_UtJQ5LJLxTF8LHilksLoJChqtC-rbgvhYI8UaJPRYlDfVv6agKOMDqRlx_-O1e01fgl_kOkMQy80Wh3y-Ow_RreFIA21AgPhZ8Mb4hbBzQ6uA0SA5MVNYLFB_q3oKTOsnZXJA5GQETSnEWtBmTDZB8AdNb6kIqDy-EB6hRknH2g9R5bqOa-I6mc-grhA30248pGXhRGhgTiVCXXHw-_ZP1i46qILHpZkHShJSqIJ1pKKNxtzb0FP62h8XK5ZUvwi9YbGVEr_s3_TpvLtZlHVA_RxLNu00AY31e70mQODFEacmqiJHGaA_EyTQSh6gfRty0qGDl1QNSlchIdbnNc2GZXx7DZ7pQGmDLIpxJ2qrmxl9V-25cNyTDqEaqM8hRG4QRp9J8f3EnXFqJasP5pjk1jiopHPOFhQqzI8aQNbvOKF_oM0UZ2HXSiShW6Smwe6oV3bfwa5vguYfbgM9xbDlMLe-FZqmAz52wQIjPnIxxXANsr4HwVBkdlDCqlTcubXaRPPw7VZpCQwfP5ForblYsVFG-soFcvksYZzxEqQL6EkebEQmubL6jbZs-bgqre-zn3Mp9tnYMsbFhsuQCI9elCOJqHX256ftXJnUnwfQ3hRAg2nyp94gcylweWWMNWuPPI6zTW_UK9cwdA8LPbMxb7_Rjlz2hiD09myJIdq1uq7cUwg3xtlz8q_0OdrZbN7bETBOZcsIttMglVV8G2utU2j7Bh-huHGAsfczYL-1UvLkkTUzJTOEeHLA76jtIeCxxlk3MxQaBpaT-RlVkyBYjkqDksA6F86GsVi-9CxwHCuyW-zwCxlN2zo1zgexU7GnpT00L14k52olr2ft30CK3dT8YqQUvB3Jyvm634Yv_7Y9HAKrqNqijL2u4NDzm2dSvG1NKH=w1600-h1600

I'll wait a bit to determine if the stock pickups will work, since i've read that people dont like them.
This will check a few boxes im missing at the moment, 24.75" scale, fixed bridge (somehow ended up with Gotoh 510s on all my guitars).
Regarding the pickups, I see that Lungdren is a favorite. Any other recommendations?
Also has anyone swapped the neck pickup out for an actual single coil? H-S-S is kind of my jam, so having that true single coil sound in a guitar like this could be fun!
Cheers!

ChrispyFinch

Reaction score
I had posted awhile back on this thread about looking for a Caparison.
Well I found a deal and this is on the way!
So thanks for igniting the GAS.
AHRh2paJwFluEgaUfKiFEBA4VlnlALVlSPxZA6SzePCBJJKQjbfHwvGN9jddNnmv8Mg_yd60U8CXnCVF74Dlh1LZX_bmqcAY4xviLBxv3Sq0G3Zkxmpi_UtJQ5LJLxTF8LHilksLoJChqtC-rbgvhYI8UaJPRYlDfVv6agKOMDqRlx_-O1e01fgl_kOkMQy80Wh3y-Ow_RreFIA21AgPhZ8Mb4hbBzQ6uA0SA5MVNYLFB_q3oKTOsnZXJA5GQETSnEWtBmTDZB8AdNb6kIqDy-EB6hRknH2g9R5bqOa-I6mc-grhA30248pGXhRGhgTiVCXXHw-_ZP1i46qILHpZkHShJSqIJ1pKKNxtzb0FP62h8XK5ZUvwi9YbGVEr_s3_TpvLtZlHVA_RxLNu00AY31e70mQODFEacmqiJHGaA_EyTQSh6gfRty0qGDl1QNSlchIdbnNc2GZXx7DZ7pQGmDLIpxJ2qrmxl9V-25cNyTDqEaqM8hRG4QRp9J8f3EnXFqJasP5pjk1jiopHPOFhQqzI8aQNbvOKF_oM0UZ2HXSiShW6Smwe6oV3bfwa5vguYfbgM9xbDlMLe-FZqmAz52wQIjPnIxxXANsr4HwVBkdlDCqlTcubXaRPPw7VZpCQwfP5ForblYsVFG-soFcvksYZzxEqQL6EkebEQmubL6jbZs-bgqre-zn3Mp9tnYMsbFhsuQCI9elCOJqHX256ftXJnUnwfQ3hRAg2nyp94gcylweWWMNWuPPI6zTW_UK9cwdA8LPbMxb7_Rjlz2hiD09myJIdq1uq7cUwg3xtlz8q_0OdrZbN7bETBOZcsIttMglVV8G2utU2j7Bh-huHGAsfczYL-1UvLkkTUzJTOEeHLA76jtIeCxxlk3MxQaBpaT-RlVkyBYjkqDksA6F86GsVi-9CxwHCuyW-zwCxlN2zo1zgexU7GnpT00L14k52olr2ft30CK3dT8YqQUvB3Jyvm634Yv_7Y9HAKrqNqijL2u4NDzm2dSvG1NKH=w1600-h1600

I'll wait a bit to determine if the stock pickups will work, since i've read that people dont like them.
This will check a few boxes im missing at the moment, 24.75" scale, fixed bridge (somehow ended up with Gotoh 510s on all my guitars).
Regarding the pickups, I see that Lungdren is a favorite. Any other recommendations?
Also has anyone swapped the neck pickup out for an actual single coil? H-S-S is kind of my jam, so having that true single coil sound in a guitar like this could be fun!
Cheers!
Caparison.JPG

jco5055

Reaction score
Didn't know where else to post this, so I figured this can kinda be the Caparison thread:

Caparison posted this in their FB group, a TAT 7 for sale in a one-off black burst color....am I crazy for thinking there are some bad finish flaws going on?

caparisontat.jpg

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Re
Didn't know where else to post this, so I figured this can kinda be the Caparison thread:

Caparison posted this in their FB group, a TAT 7 for sale in a one-off black burst color....am I crazy for thinking there are some bad finish flaws going on?

View attachment 133415
Looks like reflections of the dude taking the pic IMHO.

oracles

Reaction score
Glad to see Caparison announce their Custom Works line, but with a starting base price of $6500USD, I don't think we're going to see many of them.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
That's just silly, especially considering the JPY/USD rate. Caparison is a funny company, seemingly pretending like they're delivering an incredibly high-end, well-known, valuable instrument when the rest of the world is basically just thinking ~ yea, MIJ Jackson. The market tries to convince them of this by driving them to bankruptcy, and they come back not learning any leson at all. I can only hope that there was some miscommunication about those base numbers. A fully loaded custom Caparison really shouldn't be anywhere near that mark.

jco5055

Reaction score
also, idk if anyone else downloaded the order form pdf to see the options, but for all intents and purposes it's basically pick your wood/pickups of customization. Considering they say something like "note we cannot install a bridge if it changes any of the default routing options" so to be $6500 and not be a custom shop to the extent that you could change things like neck profile seems especially wild.

somethingsomething

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The people at Caparison must be fucking high. They think they're ESP over here with those custom prices. Just absolutely insane. I'm sure there are some dedicated superfans that'll shell out, but I can't imagine there being much of a market (in the US at least) at those prices.

jahosy

Reaction score
Was so looking forward to see what's on offer with their custom line, only to be underwhelmed.

It's technically a 'custom-select'; with only two body styles to choose from.

Hopefully they'll have more body styles on offer in the future; but i can only see their neck thru versions will cost even more.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
The clearcoat has either come off completely or is delaminating from the body so that's air we're seeing between the wood and the clearcoat.
I'd be willing to bet my paycheck, no. Look to the far left where is obviously a light above and the guys arm with some sort of hoodie or sweatshirt on. It really doesn't even matter to argue because this is an old post.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Man I’ve been busy as fuck, hadn’t even heard about the Custom Works like until I logged into my Sweetwater account and saw the Adam D version.

About lost my shit when I saw the price; thought it was cool but not $2500 cooler than my Metal Machine which is still my #1 btw.

Missed the mark for me Caparison, but oh well. Someone will buy them.