Show Me Your YouTube Channel! Let's Scratch Each Others Backs

Gmork

Reaction score
Ever feel like your youtube videos that you put so much work into are destined so sit burried under the heap never to see the light of day. How do you get ahead if no one is ever even given the chance to even see it in the 1st place?

I propose we all leave a vid link as a starting place and everyone whos reading go and totally spam likes and subscribes and leave some sort of comment on a few videos,
and since part of it is average viewing length just let a few of the most recent vids run their course while you go eat or play games or whatever. Lets help each other out!? Im down!

Heres mine (check out my latest 3 videos for HQ demos featuring original songs)
if you could sub and then leave a like and comment and just let them play (theyre only like 2 mins each)
ill do the same for you.

Attachments

• show-me-your-youtube-channel-sevenstring.jpg
    show-me-your-youtube-channel-sevenstring.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 4

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
:lol:

Mine is mostly singlecoil pickup comparisons, I post links occasionally from it when questions come up in conversation but for the most part I don't think it's of much interest for folks here.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Great thread idea. Hopefully we can 'sticky it' (?) to the top so it doesn't get lost over time. What do you think @MaxOfMetal ?

I wouldn't say I have a 'legit' YouTube channel up and going, but I did a cover of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in a rock/djent/metal style for a Canadian music store chain holding a contest.

I was thinking of maybe doing some guitar reviews from my collection in the future. We'll see.

Here is that video:

Gmork

Reaction score
:lol:

Mine is mostly singlecoil pickup comparisons, I post links occasionally from it when questions come up in conversation but for the most part I don't think it's of much interest for folks here.
Thats not the point here! Drop that shit so i can go like/sub/comment a bunch of yer vids. Then u do the same for me. Win win.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Thats not the point here! Drop that shit so i can go like/sub/comment a bunch of yer vids. Then u do the same for me. Win win.
I don't have time to reciprocate, I'm afraid, so I don't want to leech off people here. :lol:

Gmork

Reaction score
No one? Ok ill drop another.
In order to get videos to show up in suggested/recommended they need likes/comments and subs. Please help! Ill do the same for you! Start sharing!!!

Earthquaker devices sea machine chorus into my ENGL Fireball 100!

Gmork

Reaction score
People of the sso forum, drop your youtube channels for "free" likes/comments and subs!!!
I say free because more than likely i WILL dig it, because i dig things lol and love supporting the little folk!
Sub4sub like4like come on lets go

Sumsar

Reaction score
Honestly I don't think this is the best way for this forum to get the most exposure out of youtube. We already have a 'dump you videos here, instead of making threads about them' - thread, and noone watches the videos posted there I think.

What one might consider is to make a 'Let us discuss how to get success with our youtube channels' thread, where posting links to your channel or your videos is forbidden, so that it is not a spam thread but a knowlegde sharing thread.

That being say, feel free to throw some love at my channel :lol: here is my latest vid:

I think I have come a long way since I started posting regularly about 9 months ago. Done 29 vids, and I think most of them are an improvement on the previous ones.

I seem to have improved my skills on:
- Camera angles / framing / cleaning up my room :)lol:)
- editing
- color correction / grading
- lighting (brought better lights that where actually meant for video work and just as important figured out how to use them, e.g. lighting angles, background etc)
- recording skills (playing)
- getting guitar and bass tones that work for a song
- mixing / mastering
- being able to speak to a camera. Still takes a couple of takes to get my point across, but not nearly as weird doing talking videos as it was in the beginning
- Thump nails. Begun using a site called canva which makes it fairly easy. Also I not do more consistent looking thumpnails, which I think is a good thing, for consistency, even if I only have 51 subs
- sharing my videos after creation. I have found the ways to share the videos on a single facebook group and also on this forum, in a way that doesn't come across as spam but actually has some discussion about tone and playing going on.
- got to the point where making a video is easy enough that I can do one per week, even if I don't have the entire weekend to do it. Though I am still taking longer between videos here and there.

Next thing to try to improve:
- I have been thinking about making an instagram account purely to promote the guitar stuff and youtube videos I do - seperate from my private profile, so as to not annoy my non-guitar-interested friends.
- thinking about getting a better camera. Current one is a Canon EOS 600D, which can barely do 1080p at 24fps. Maybe get a Lumix GH4 and do better 1080p with 60fpz, which should also be alot better with low lighting.

@Gmork what are you trying to do better from video to video?

Gmork

Reaction score
Honestly I don't think this is the best way for this forum to get the most exposure out of youtube. We already have a 'dump you videos here, instead of making threads about them' - thread, and noone watches the videos posted there I think.

What one might consider is to make a 'Let us discuss how to get success with our youtube channels' thread, where posting links to your channel or your videos is forbidden, so that it is not a spam thread but a knowlegde sharing thread.

That being say, feel free to throw some love at my channel :lol: here is my latest vid:

I think I have come a long way since I started posting regularly about 9 months ago. Done 29 vids, and I think most of them are an improvement on the previous ones.

I seem to have improved my skills on:
- Camera angles / framing / cleaning up my room :)lol:)
- editing
- color correction / grading
- lighting (brought better lights that where actually meant for video work and just as important figured out how to use them, e.g. lighting angles, background etc)
- recording skills (playing)
- getting guitar and bass tones that work for a song
- mixing / mastering
- being able to speak to a camera. Still takes a couple of takes to get my point across, but not nearly as weird doing talking videos as it was in the beginning
- Thump nails. Begun using a site called canva which makes it fairly easy. Also I not do more consistent looking thumpnails, which I think is a good thing, for consistency, even if I only have 51 subs
- sharing my videos after creation. I have found the ways to share the videos on a single facebook group and also on this forum, in a way that doesn't come across as spam but actually has some discussion about tone and playing going on.
- got to the point where making a video is easy enough that I can do one per week, even if I don't have the entire weekend to do it. Though I am still taking longer between videos here and there.

Next thing to try to improve:
- I have been thinking about making an instagram account purely to promote the guitar stuff and youtube videos I do - seperate from my private profile, so as to not annoy my non-guitar-interested friends.
- thinking about getting a better camera. Current one is a Canon EOS 600D, which can barely do 1080p at 24fps. Maybe get a Lumix GH4 and do better 1080p with 60fpz, which should also be alot better with low lighting.

@Gmork what are you trying to do better from video to video?

You may be right about this thread possibly not being the best way to go about it. Surely theres better less spammy ways but in a way thats why i made this thread. No shame spam away. A thread where you know what youre getting into, come here to share your channel and trade, essentially offering free views/subs/likes/comments.
. Was expecting more people to be into it `\/´ i dunno lol.

Ill admit i can be a bit spammy lol but i post em as what they are, demo vids. Ill post a thread saying hey heres a demo of X. People can go watch it or choose not to. If it were someone else posting it id actually be stoked! But i AM essentially making the videos i wish i would have found during my gear vid searches. And when i post on FB ill post in groups that make sence where people are likely to be interested. My peavey rockmaster demo in the peavey group for instance.
Ive also begun the process of starting an instagram account for my demos. Only problem is that im 100% clueless when it comes to insagram lol. Im typically not into the social media thing but realize its a necessity this day and age. So if youve got any tips please throw em my way.

To make my videos better, these days im recording with a mic and instead of just randomly dickin around on guitar i actually write a kind of mini song (should probably make them longer due to view length being such a big factor in your video ranking)
Also ive been using simple editing with shots of playing and shots (albeit sometimes goofy EXTREME spiraling zoom shots lol) of the gear being demod.
I live in a TINY space with my gf, its practically a tokyo apartment. so i dont have a spot thats decent for shooting vids, so i went out and bought a huge length of beautiful deep purple fabric which i drape and make a background out of (couldnt find it for my last vid grrr)
Still need to fix the background situation and find a way to cover a huge amount behind me so i can pull the cam back a bit.
When i search for gear vids i just want to hear HQ audio and i want to hear chugging and what not and im a happy boy lol. So for my vids ill keep things short and to the point and any info can just be text on screen or in the description. I am NOT a smooth talker, no one wants to hear that lol plus ill have to be editing all my nonesense for hrs lol.
I just use a free video editing program that limits the quality i can export which really sucks. Need to do something about that.
So thats kind of where in at. Far from perfect but im feeling really good about writing actual songs and recording with mics for decent quality audio which i think is MY #1 priority.

With all that said, its been a good convo! imma go watch/like/comment & sub your vids! After all thats why we're here! Please if you could do the same (im only concerned with my latest 3 vids really, thats where my quality bump started)
Thanks.

Last edited:

PariahMusic

Reaction score

This isn't to say that it's the WORST sounding pedal I've ever heard/played...but it IS the most disappointing. You can get similar/better results in most every situation spending the money that it costs in a different direction.
I used the Ceres to really illustrate the point, but I could have used plenty of others to display this too.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
I want to open up an Apex and see if there's an MXR 5150 circuit board inside with a gate and tight switch added for another $150 lololol...

Still better than anything made by Protone. :fullofit:

And after all, people are only buying this because they want to use the same thing Misha used on his albums. ;)

Last edited:

Spinedriver

Reaction score
I don't know if that's really a fair comparison. The Ceres has 3 channels and a ton of options (and costs about $80 more). I think a fairer comparison would be to the MXR 5150 (which is cheaper) and is also just an on/off pedal with no fancy options save a noise gate & boost.

Personally, I just scored a used Megalith Delta & couldn't be more satisfied. I'm with USMarine though, it does seem likt it's a 're-designed' 5150 pedal, which is why it'd be an interesting side by side comparison.

Bearitone

Reaction score
Normally i see “don’t buy x” threads when i company outright lies, doesn’t deliver a product, or the quality is poor like protone pedals or a lot of small luthiers.

But this is just a taste thing for you. The pedal is built with the quality of all MXR pedals and there was no issues buying the product was there?

To literally announce “hey guys DONT buy this” seems like a pretty overkill way to express your opinion.

I can’t watch the video now but, i will later

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Normally i see “don’t buy x” threads when i company outright lies, doesn’t deliver a product, or the quality is poor like protone pedals or a lot of small luthiers.

But this is just a taste thing for you. The pedal is built with the quality of all MXR pedals and there was no issues buying the product was there?

To literally announce “hey guys DONT buy this” seems like a pretty overkill way to express your opinion.

I can’t watch the video now but, i will later

It was a provocative thread title for clicks.

Hence it's banishment to here. :lol:

PariahMusic

Reaction score
We don't do clickbait here. Please don't do it again.
Provocative doesn't equal clickbait. It's pretty subjectively worse sounding than a bunch of other similarly priced options, and that's worth people seeing. But you're the boss, boss lol.