Show Me Your YouTube Channel! Let's Scratch Each Others Backs

PariahMusic

Reaction score
Normally i see “don’t buy x” threads when i company outright lies, doesn’t deliver a product, or the quality is poor like protone pedals or a lot of small luthiers.

But this is just a taste thing for you. The pedal is built with the quality of all MXR pedals and there was no issues buying the product was there?

To literally announce “hey guys DONT buy this” seems like a pretty overkill way to express your opinion.

I can’t watch the video now but, i will later
That's fair. I didn't mean to break any rules or anything, but like someone else said, the Apex sounds broken next to a Ceres, run in the same way. Many of us had high hopes for it, and many big channels have used them in ways that don't line up with the marketing that pretty much sell it as being one of the only things you need to get a GREAT tone.

But I digress. Apologies, and no harm meant.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Why does the Apex sound "broken"? e.g. I could demo all my bluesbreaker pedals against each other, but none would sound "broken" in comparison.

I think all the horizon stuff is overhyped stuff that was already available on the market, or is just something that already existed and lets slap a noise gate on it. That's just me. But I've never heard their stuff sound bad or broken. I'm thinking you have a defective pedal based on the tones in your video or you don't have it dialed in correctly, mate.

:2c:

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
This is me being an idiot in the woods 6 years ago:

This is my latest youtube vid, just audio of me being an idiot with my parrot in the studio:

My channel has like single digit views, but if you add a view, you will see why...

PariahMusic

Reaction score
Why does the Apex sound "broken"? e.g. I could demo all my bluesbreaker pedals against each other, but none would sound "broken" in comparison.

I think all the horizon stuff is overhyped stuff that was already available on the market, or is just something that already existed and lets slap a noise gate on it. That's just me. But I've never heard their stuff sound bad or broken. I'm thinking you have a defective pedal based on the tones in your video or you don't have it dialed in correctly, mate.

:2c:
Everything is set up correctly, and I dial it in throughout the video. Definitely don't think mine is any more defective that the others they sent out..you can get something close to usable out of it with work and a good power amp or clean channel. But yeah, overhyped isn't a bad description of it.

Sumsar

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I did another video. One that actually got requested in the comments on a previous video which is a first for me :) But I feel that it is good to interact with people and actually get back to them with a video when people have questions. Have you ever done response to viewers style videos?

Also I spent a bunch of time going over the drum mixing and looking up old resources that I had previously used, but just to refresh and get another perspective. Think it turned out pretty well on this one:

Gmork

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I did another video. One that actually got requested in the comments on a previous video which is a first for me :) But I feel that it is good to interact with people and actually get back to them with a video when people have questions. Have you ever done response to viewers style videos?

Also I spent a bunch of time going over the drum mixing and looking up old resources that I had previously used, but just to refresh and get another perspective. Think it turned out pretty well on this one:

Do you mean responding with a video to a viewers comments/questions?
I havent but then again i dont get many comments/questions. Would if i could though.

Sumsar

Reaction score
Yes exactly. This is kind of also the first time that I have actually been in a position where I could answer a comment with a video, but it feels good, and hopefully it helps build followers. It is only recently that I started getting pretty much at least one comment per video. I also got another one on how to practice a certain technique I showed for playing tremolo picking. The question was if I had any actual exercises, which I didn't, other than learning songs, but I think I have come up with something that I can put into a lesson style video.
It is also cool that you then don't have to come up with all the video ideas - viewers to a degree do it for you :)

Gmork

Reaction score
Yes exactly. This is kind of also the first time that I have actually been in a position where I could answer a comment with a video, but it feels good, and hopefully it helps build followers. It is only recently that I started getting pretty much at least one comment per video. I also got another one on how to practice a certain technique I showed for playing tremolo picking. The question was if I had any actual exercises, which I didn't, other than learning songs, but I think I have come up with something that I can put into a lesson style video.
It is also cool that you then don't have to come up with all the video ideas - viewers to a degree do it for you :)
Totally. Its a win win situation. Being a total gear dork i do love engaging with commentors when its more than just "good vid" type of comment (not that im complaining about those)
Anyway congrats on your milestone!!

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm curious how many owners of that Apex can chime in? I don't have one and don't plan on buying one lol. But calling it barely useful seems hyperbole. Tone is subjective, but I'd be interested to see if there's some good reviews from non-fanboys.

PariahMusic

Reaction score
I'm curious how many owners of that Apex can chime in? I don't have one and don't plan on buying one lol. But calling it barely useful seems hyperbole. Tone is subjective, but I'd be interested to see if there's some good reviews from non-fanboys.
Hell, me too. Please Know that I really wanted to like it though. It just sounds bad DIRECT compared to the competition...to my ears.

Yul Brynner

Fabricated Background
Reaction score
This is an awesome idea! Someone should create an entire forum just for people to post their videos for all the other members to like and subscribe. Like a free likes forum or something. Well not exactly free. Like a like swapping forum.

Gmork

Reaction score
This is an awesome idea! Someone should create an entire forum just for people to post their videos for all the other members to like and subscribe. Like a free likes forum or something. Well not exactly free. Like a like swapping forum.
Theres lots of little people doing cool things that the rest of the world would probably be into but will never come across it. Nice to give everyone a little boost, ya know.

TedintheShed

Retired bassist pretending to play guitar
Reaction score
No one? Ok ill drop another.
In order to get videos to show up in suggested/recommended they need likes/comments and subs. Please help! Ill do the same for you! Start sharing!!!

Earthquaker devices sea machine chorus into my ENGL Fireball 100!

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score

Theres lots of little people doing cool things that the rest of the world would probably be into but will never come across it. Nice to give everyone a little boost, ya know.

Anyone else getting upset over the new IG algorithms? I used to post a guitar and get 100 likes, now I get 9 lol. Can I get some free love? :lol:

nateispro

Reaction score

I shared this in the post your youtube video thread but I figured I can't hurt myself sharing it here as well! My channel is me posting my ideas as I come up with them. No other band memebers, just me a guitar, a bass and a virtual drummer. I'm trying to hit a weekly video upload right now! You guys have some great stuff here!

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score