Show Us Your Home Studio Setup!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

_Mick_

Guitar Tech
Reaction score
Heres my little setup. Not perfect, but it does the trick
sSohTIo.jpg

vDtaWpN.jpg

hNnADLZ.jpg

GBRevjO.jpg

Korneo

Reaction score

This is my setup :

- Neve RNDI
- Roland Quad Capture
- Presonus Eris E66
- KRK KNS 8400
- Torpedo Captor (Not in the pic)
- Darkglass B7K (Not in the pic)
- Studio One 4

The parallel output of the DI is send to the Korg DTR2000 but it suck a lot of life of the sound so I got a TU-3w when I want to use a real amp.
No foam on the wall or anything because I don't have a dedicated room, so I mainly use the KRK.

I still think about upgrading the Quad Capture for an Audient id44, but I don't know if the sound will be better or not.
I use my DI with plugins 99% of the time so.. Any advice ?

Lianoroto

Reaction score
I still think about upgrading the Quad Capture for an Audient id44, but I don't know if the sound will be better or not.
I use my DI with plugins 99% of the time so.. Any advice ?
I'll sing the praise of my Audient ID14 any day, but unless you have specific problems with your current interface I'm not sure its a worthwhile upgrade. Looking to the right side on your desk I think you got the important part covered. More expensive DA/AD probably isn't the missing piece here.

Not knowing the quality of the Quad Capture I could be mistaken.

Korneo

Reaction score
I'll sing the praise of my Audient ID14 any day, but unless you have specific problems with your current interface I'm not sure its a worthwhile upgrade. Looking to the right side on your desk I think you got the important part covered. More expensive DA/AD probably isn't the missing piece here.

Not knowing the quality of the Quad Capture I could be mistaken.

Thank you very much for your reply !
I don't have any problem with the quad capture since I use Studio One. The latency is decent but I can't tell if the sound quality is good or not. It sure can be clearer but seriously, I don't know if the upgrade worth the extra money or not.

Lianoroto

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your reply !
I don't have any problem with the quad capture since I use Studio One. The latency is decent but I can't tell if the sound quality is good or not. It sure can be clearer but seriously, I don't know if the upgrade worth the extra money or not.
To put it in context:

My Audient ID14 sounds just as good, if not better, than my fathers older RME FireFace. The price points were, and are still, quite dissimilar and totally favours the Audient when you don't consider extra inputs a necessary feature. Drivers for both brands feel just as solid in my experience.

I "upgraded" from a Focusrite Saffire pro 24 because of issues with firewire on my new desktop. Prior to that I had an earlier gen Scarlett with known problems with clipping DIs, hence the swap to a Saffire. When checking the Saffire and Audient back to back I notice only a few major differences: The DI input on the Audient does have some special sauce as claimed, and the headphone amp drives my Beyer DT770 80 ohms way cleaner and louder. Everything else is an upgrade soundwise, but very minor.

My take on this issue is that most current interfaces are good enough to record whatever you need, and send a clean signal for monitoring. Headphone outputs and DI impedance/levels are features where some interfaces could cheap out, but most current gen interfaces are good enough. Your Neve RNDI most likely has you covered.

Where AD/DA does matter is when you introduce outboard gear and several digital->analogue->digital runs.

Korneo

Reaction score
To put it in context:

My Audient ID14 sounds just as good, if not better, than my fathers older RME FireFace. The price points were, and are still, quite dissimilar and totally favours the Audient when you don't consider extra inputs a necessary feature. Drivers for both brands feel just as solid in my experience.

I "upgraded" from a Focusrite Saffire pro 24 because of issues with firewire on my new desktop. Prior to that I had an earlier gen Scarlett with known problems with clipping DIs, hence the swap to a Saffire. When checking the Saffire and Audient back to back I notice only a few major differences: The DI input on the Audient does have some special sauce as claimed, and the headphone amp drives my Beyer DT770 80 ohms way cleaner and louder. Everything else is an upgrade soundwise, but very minor.

My take on this issue is that most current interfaces are good enough to record whatever you need, and send a clean signal for monitoring. Headphone outputs and DI impedance/levels are features where some interfaces could cheap out, but most current gen interfaces are good enough. Your Neve RNDI most likely has you covered.

Where AD/DA does matter is when you introduce outboard gear and several digital->analogue->digital runs.
Thank you for your feedback !
The quad capture is a bit old but still usefull and if a last gen card can do better, I can think about it, but I want to notice the difference. The Id44 is 550€ with a lot of cool features. I want to have a better overall sound without spending 2000€.
I think about he apollo Twin usb, but I don't need all this plugins stuff and the price is a little bit overkill (Maybe I'm wrong and this cards are really good).
The thing I miss today on my quad capture is :
- An output to send a signal to a reamp box
- A different knob for the headphone output and the monitor output
- A cristal clear sound

I will think about all this again and again but thank you very much for your help !

Lianoroto

Reaction score
Thank you for your feedback !
The quad capture is a bit old but still usefull and if a last gen card can do better, I can think about it, but I want to notice the difference. The Id44 is 550€ with a lot of cool features. I want to have a better overall sound without spending 2000€.
I think about he apollo Twin usb, but I don't need all this plugins stuff and the price is a little bit overkill (Maybe I'm wrong and this cards are really good).
The thing I miss today on my quad capture is :
- An output to send a signal to a reamp box
- A different knob for the headphone output and the monitor output
- A cristal clear sound

I will think about all this again and again but thank you very much for your help !
Worst case the Audient ID22 has all those features, and should sound the same for less money.