Show Us Your Home Studio Setup!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

necronoid

Reaction score
Hello. I'm somewhat new to this forum and I thought I would share my studio set up. I love to look at pics of other people's studios and see how diverse they are, from very simple to very complex. I look forward to being a part of the community.

My Recording Studio by SG Xcaliber, on Flickr

Very nice. What are those big mixers under the speakers?

Xcaliber

Reaction score
Very nice. What are those big mixers under the speakers?

On the left it's a Behringer Patchbay, a Presonus Studio Channel (Tube) channel strip, and my Tascam US-1800 interface.

On the right it's a Behringer rack mixer, Dbx compressor and an Alesis Quadraverb.

I just purchased a POD HD Pro X that will replace the Quadraverb and maybe the rack mixer.

Reaction score
13126739_957141084399014_802301088_n.jpg

Quick update: Just got this cool new wall tapestry for maximum inspiration :D

mikespe

Reaction score
I ned to update my pictures but the first one is a panoramic without the 4x12 EVH cab and the 2nd has the cab but doesn't include my computers/desk. I also use a 13" Macbook Pro with my Windows machines. I like Audacity on Windows but Garageband is a big step up on the Mac...I'll update my photos when I get home from work:

hd0NSfv.jpg

fsQvwaw.jpg

mikespe

Reaction score
I just re-designed my studio a bit...still a work in progress. I was feeling cramped with the EVH+Cab so close to my desk (See pics above). I just restructured few things to open up the room a bit. It made a BIG difference! Being a school teacher I am off for the summer so I will spend more time making things tidy. I am thinking of getting that Studio RTA Producer's Desk to replace my L-Shaped Desk. My desk is sagging a bit bus I like the rack system on the RTA desk. I decide once summer vacation hits.

YkLbjIP.jpg

VucgbLm.jpg

Panorama came out a bit crooked but you get the idea!!

3jRzrQo.jpg

436NnS9.jpg

buriedoutback

Reaction score
Updated 2016 Studio
I still have to acquire some cupboards for over my guitars.
I reno'd my basement over the winter into something MUCH nicer.
Crappy ipad pics in a left -> right panoramic sorta thing:

Alto/Pyle PA
Randall 2x12
Yamaha digital drums
Cool skull shower curtain to cover un-finished wall and pipes

Custom desk
iMac + Mackie speakerss + Samsung Monitor + Korg keyboard/pad/sliders + Behringer mixer for PA + TV/Apple TV2 + Blue Yeti mic + 'REC' tap-light (should be on wall)

Amazon guitar stands
96 LTD Explorer
Old fake strat
Ibanez rg7420 with paf7s
Ibanez RGA8 with d activator
Ibanez proline V covered with camo tape
Crap acoustic
Yamaha 4 string bass
Schecter Damien 5 string bass
Dumpster acoustic that sounds amazing
Cupboards with go above ASAP

Work area for Gun and Guitar modification!

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I just want to say congrats to you.... you're the first person on this forum that I've legitimately been jealous of their amp collection lol

I do love them all, I just need a Friedman and I can die happy.

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
That is baller, JD27!

My set-up is pretty basic, Yamaha HS5, Novation midi controller, focusrite 6i6, axe fx, pretty standard SSO guy :lol: but I have just upgraded my macbook pro from 4gb to 16gb ram, and 500gb hdd to a 1tb ssd, I've also purchased a second monitor to connect to it and a stand so the laptop is floating up next to it, really been trying to get back into recording after a good year or two break from it, no photos yet as I've actually just packed it all down to move houses.

I wonder how Nolly's (who started the thread) studio looks like now that he's veering away from periphery to focus on his recording work.