Show Us Your Home Studio Setup!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rokket2005

Reaction score
Cool, I was curious what you used. Would you go this route again next time or would you use amp sims?
More on the way hopefully!
I still have a rec(Rev G triple), my bogner, and a torpedo studio, but I'd just use the axe these days. I'm happy with how it sounds and I tend to overload my stuff with layers of guitars/pianos/synths/aux percussion/etc where having a more analog sounding guitar tone wouldn't make that much if any difference anyway. Which isn't to say that using an amp into a speaker sim sounds more analog anyway. I certainly don't have golden ears and whether I like a guitar sound or not is rarely tied to what was used to record it.

Tisca

Big-tube snob
Reaction score
Half of my humble setup.

nice. I see you have a D-Box mkI. Are you using the summing feature? I recently came across this unit looking for summing hardware. I looked at the features and not sure I'd use anything else from it.

ibenhad

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
nice. I see you have a D-Box mkI. Are you using the summing feature? I recently came across this unit looking for summing hardware. I looked at the features and not sure I'd use anything else from it.
Yes I do but if that was all I was using it for I would save some $$$ and get the Rolls Folcrum. The D-Box is really the centerpiece for my studio. It gets a lot of use.. Here is a great article/review of it. https://tapeop.com/reviews/gear/61/d-box/

ibenhad

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm hoping the other half is the half with the gear list :lol:

But seriously, some of you guys really need to list out what you have. I'm super curious.
Well it's lots of stuff, like 4x12 cabs, Amps, Guitars, Drum Kits and more. Yes, I do have an Excel spreadsheet of all my gear and it really put things in perspective. I also have what I believe stuff is worth and if I die it will help my wife not get robbed blindly when selling it all off. It's a must have for sure. Great for insurance purposes too.

Tisca

Big-tube snob
Reaction score
Yes I do but if that was all I was using it for I would save some $$$ and get the Rolls Folcrum. The D-Box is really the centerpiece for my studio. It gets a lot of use.. Here is a great article/review of it. https://tapeop.com/reviews/gear/61/d-box/
Thanks. If I'm going passive summing mixer I'll just build one myself. Use mic pres and other saturators/sweeteners to amplify the signal.

BabUShka

Reaction score
A little bit off topic, but i recieved this Audix Dynamic mic among lots of other stuff for free from a friend as thanks for pricing and selling a lot of guitars from his lost father .

I recieved a lot of equipment, some of it I will keep. But not every thing. (Zoom RF 300, Ibanez Concord, Fender Mustang IV, Digitech Trio, a vintage Boss PH1, lots of high Quality cables and more!)

Is this Audix mic something I can sell for a reasonable price? I have a Shure SM57 that i bought 10 years ago, never used. Not interested in keeping other in addition. Quick Google search says its expensive microphones, but this one is without any model tag.

He also left me a Cute little Muslady mixer that i intens to keep.

20240524_221517.jpg

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A little bit off topic, but i recieved this Audix Dynamic mic among lots of other stuff for free from a friend as thanks for pricing and selling a lot of guitars from his lost father .

I recieved a lot of equipment, some of it I will keep. But not every thing. (Zoom RF 300, Ibanez Concord, Fender Mustang IV, Digitech Trio, a vintage Boss PH1, lots of high Quality cables and more!)

Is this Audix mic something I can sell for a reasonable price? I have a Shure SM57 that i bought 10 years ago, never used. Not interested in keeping other in addition. Quick Google search says its expensive microphones, but this one is without any model tag.

He also left me a Cute little Muslady mixer that i intens to keep.

View attachment 144024
Audix is a decent mic company, though I'm not aware of any special attention to vintage models. I did a quick Reverb check and found nothing. Any more info?

BabUShka

Reaction score
Sorr
Audix is a decent mic company, though I'm not aware of any special attention to vintage models. I did a quick Reverb check and found nothing. Any more info?

Sorry, the picture is all I got. I tried to take the head away, but nothing there. Just a sticker that says "Dynamic Microphone" no model number.
Just for the record - what I sell, I will just forward the money to my friend. The equipment I want to keep (probably a pedal and lots of cables), I keep for myself.

BabUShka

Reaction score
Looks like it could be an Audix CD11 or similar.

Thanks, may be an earlier version of this :)
Probably not the easiest thing to sell, so I'll probably just sell it for a reasonable amount of money thats not too high.

cthsqd

Cthulhu Squadron
Reaction score
Yeah, the entire arrangement is terrible soundwise but there are some limitations I can't overcome without complete rebuild. The desk is too close to the wall, and it can't be moved without the other table on the right, which at this point can't be moved either.
A couple of times a year I think of it, and then it stays waiting for the next year. ...but I swear I'll do it once I make time 🤣