Show Us Your Home Studio Setup!

rokket2005

Reaction score
Cool, I was curious what you used. Would you go this route again next time or would you use amp sims?
More on the way hopefully!
I still have a rec(Rev G triple), my bogner, and a torpedo studio, but I'd just use the axe these days. I'm happy with how it sounds and I tend to overload my stuff with layers of guitars/pianos/synths/aux percussion/etc where having a more analog sounding guitar tone wouldn't make that much if any difference anyway. Which isn't to say that using an amp into a speaker sim sounds more analog anyway. I certainly don't have golden ears and whether I like a guitar sound or not is rarely tied to what was used to record it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LunatiqueRob

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I kinda missed having the colored mood lights, so I added them back. Most people seem to prefer the more interesting colors, and it's fascinating how much of a difference just changing the color of the lights makes.

_DSC4118-HDR.jpg_DSC4123-HDR.jpg_DSC4128-HDR.jpg_DSC4133-HDR.jpg_DSC4143-HDR.jpg_DSC4163-HDR.jpg_DSC4168-HDR.jpg_DSC4188-HDR.jpg_DSC4193-HDR.jpg

cthsqd

Cthulhu Squadron
Reaction score
1000006082.jpg
A recent upgrade. Additional screens are priceless. Thinking of putting in another, a touchpad maybe?

Tisca

Big-tube snob
Reaction score
Half of my humble setup.

nice. I see you have a D-Box mkI. Are you using the summing feature? I recently came across this unit looking for summing hardware. I looked at the features and not sure I'd use anything else from it.

ibenhad

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
nice. I see you have a D-Box mkI. Are you using the summing feature? I recently came across this unit looking for summing hardware. I looked at the features and not sure I'd use anything else from it.
Yes I do but if that was all I was using it for I would save some $$$ and get the Rolls Folcrum. The D-Box is really the centerpiece for my studio. It gets a lot of use.. Here is a great article/review of it. https://tapeop.com/reviews/gear/61/d-box/

ibenhad

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm hoping the other half is the half with the gear list :lol:

But seriously, some of you guys really need to list out what you have. I'm super curious.
Well it's lots of stuff, like 4x12 cabs, Amps, Guitars, Drum Kits and more. Yes, I do have an Excel spreadsheet of all my gear and it really put things in perspective. I also have what I believe stuff is worth and if I die it will help my wife not get robbed blindly when selling it all off. It's a must have for sure. Great for insurance purposes too.

Tisca

Big-tube snob
Reaction score
Yes I do but if that was all I was using it for I would save some $$$ and get the Rolls Folcrum. The D-Box is really the centerpiece for my studio. It gets a lot of use.. Here is a great article/review of it. https://tapeop.com/reviews/gear/61/d-box/
Thanks. If I'm going passive summing mixer I'll just build one myself. Use mic pres and other saturators/sweeteners to amplify the signal.