Show Us Your Home Studio Setup!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Isidore

Reaction score
Added a drum set and some carpets. So far: mapex 6pc armory, Mesa jp2c head and home built cab loaded with gt-75 from an old Marshall cab. Hopefully have a desk in there soon so I can clean up wires and mess.

IMG-9069.jpg

A2815066-8-D8-F-40-E5-8-EF5-28-D43-CACA44-F.jpg

Briz

Lifelong Learner
Reaction score
It's not much, but it gets the job done.

Ibanez, Ormsby, Schecter, ESP, EBMM, Peavey, Seagull, & Andrew White Guitars
Pro Tools Studio
Clarett+ 8Pre
Warm Audio TB12 Black
Warm Audio WA-2A
WesAudio ngBusComp
Focal Alpha 80 Evo Monitors
Avantone Pro Active MixCubes
Heritage Baby RAM
Sennheiser HD 650 & 280 headphones
Komplete Kontrol A49
Line 6 Helix
Superior Drummer
Submission Audio
Reason
Mojave, Shure, Michael Joly, Rode, Sennheiser mics
Pcaudiolabs Rok Box PC
GIK Acoustics

20221221_103048_remastered.jpg20221207_201335.jpg20230812_094854.jpg20230812_095006.jpg

Last edited:

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's not much, but it gets the job done.

Ibanez, Schecter, ESP, EBMM, Peavey, Seagull, & Andrew White Guitars
Pro Tools Studio
Clarett+ 8Pre
Warm Audio TB12 Black
Warm Audio WA-2A
WesAudio ngBusComp
Focal Alpha 80 Evo Monitors
Avantone Pro Active MixCubes
Heritage Baby RAM
Sennheiser HD 650 & 280 headphones
Komplete Kontrol A49
Line 6 Helix
Superior Drummer
Submission Audio
Reason
Mojave, Shure, Michael Joly, Rode, Sennheiser mics
Pcaudiolabs Rok Box PC
GIK Acoustics

View attachment 128971View attachment 128972View attachment 128973View attachment 128977
Niiice dude!
How do you like that WesAudio ngBusComp?

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Finally got set of monitors and the...5ish...year streak of doing everything with headphones is broken. Kali Audio LP-6 enter the game. View attachment 129000
Nice one man congrats, going from headphones to monitors feels like getting the music pushed in your head with headphones to lightly bathed in it with monitors. Nowadays I only track in headphones, I can't stand that fatigue and dent head contribution.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I finally got the last of my panels up. I thought 50lbs hooks would be fine, but ah...nope! lol. Bent one hook and ripped another right out of the wall when I stuck the panels on them. The 100lb ones seem to be holding though...for now. I'm not exactly super comfy having my gear in front of them but it is what it is for now until I can find time to re-arrange my apartment a bit.

I still have a big peak and dip from 85hz-100hz, but it kinda is what it is for now until I can find a place with a bigger room.

studio2.jpg
studio1.jpg

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
thebeesknees22 that is an epic room, well done! Looks so clean.
Thanks dude!

I didn't plan on going that far with treatment in this rental, but the room sounded so horrible that I kinda just had to bite the bullet and do it.

I was originally going to try and make some DIY tube traps and line the walls, but a game audio buddy talked me into going with panels. ...but after watching Eric Valentines DIY tube trap video and all the hoops he went through testing various things, I kinda wish i would have went with my gut and just made the tube traps just to see how they'd work since they aren't terribly expensive to make. They would have taken up a bit more room, but I would have fewer holes in my walls lol.

here's the video if any of you folks are curious about the DIY tube traps. They're kind of stupid simple. Just pipe insulation capped with plywood (or whatever you want), and wrapped in fabric.

I may still plop a few of those around my monitors to see if i can tame that low end peak and dip a bit more, but it is what it is for now.