Show Your Pedalboard: 2022

• Thread starter Thorsday7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
Latest, latest iteration. Are you seeing how much of a problem this is for me yet? :(

Signal flow:
Guitar > VP Tuner > Precision Drive > SD-1 > Flanger > Chorus > Decimator > amp.

The fx loop is Zuul+ > Halo > RV-6 > Output TX (buffer with stereo summing)

CAEA863F-4A85-4B4E-9A51-697EA9056867.jpeg

Screwhead

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Current setup, but ever evolving!

Attachments

• IMG_20220704_075642 (1).jpg
    IMG_20220704_075642 (1).jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 16

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
this is the plexi set up. it changes depending on amp used. time based stuff and gate will go in loop of amps other than the marshall sv20

Attachments

• pedalboard.jpeg
    pedalboard.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19

DECEMBER

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ventris: worth it?
Hard to say... I haven't used any others (Strymon, Eventide) in that price range to compare it to. I got it new for $345. It sounds great and has some unique effects. Very customizable. I have it synced to the DAW MIDI clock but I wish I could set the BPM like on the Nemesis. The app is necessary to really get into all the settings. It's nice having everything all laid out and accessible on the screen, and I'm already using the computer for recording.
But the app is a little buggy... It does some strange annoying things.
The screen shifts when you click on a knob if that section isn't centered on the screen.
Sometimes the dry signal disappears and you have to reselect the routing setting to get it back.
It has an analog dry level knob but sometimes adding any of that into the mix causes phasing. I guess that's expected since it's already running a dual signal with the 2 reverbs. It should have a phase switch, though.
Sometimes you have to use the analog dry level to get any dry signal in the mix, even if the mix settings on the reverbs are under 50%.
Nothing that can't be worked around but a minor nuisance, nonetheless.
Like all pedals/amps I have with USB connections, it adds noise while connected to the PC, so I have to set and save my settings then disconnect all USBs before recording.
I can't figure out how to access the saved presets with the phone app. I made them on the PC but they're saved in the pedal and I can't figure out how to get to them with the phone app. It connects to the phone via headphone jack so I'd rather use that to avoid the USB noise and not have to disconnect/reconnect all the time.
The dual reverb can be in series, parallel, or dual mono (different reverb in each speaker). Also can be used in mono with a wet insert (run the reverb thru other pedals).
I wish I could run the delay and reverb in parallel AND stereo, because delay going into reverb just blurs the delay and makes a mess. I'd have to get a second Tri-Parallel Mixer to be able to do that.
I'm definitely keeping it. Maybe someday I'll get a chance to try a Black Hole or Blue Sky and decide I like it better but the dual reverb option is hard to beat. I was considering the Amplitube X-Space but finding out that it can only run one reverb at a time was the deal-breaker.
I wanted shimmer but I can't stand it on its own. I tried to use the hybrid reverb in Ableton Live by running the pedal chain thru the interface but there was too much latency by the time it hit the amp.
Ventris does a nice shimmer when it's mixed with another kind of reverb.

D-Nasty

Reaction score
Man... you guys have some fantastic boards. I really appreciate all the pictures & info. You've really given me some great ideas! Thanks so much! ❤️

EDIT: & one more thing... I was in a hurry when I posted a picture of my board on Page 5 of this thread. I realize now that some people might have some questions about that build, so I'm going to do a proper signal chain & description of that setup tomorrow morning. Stay tuned.... 🤘

Last edited:

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
View attachment 105357
I use this one with my Mesa Mark 525.

guitar > Russian Pickle fuzz > VHT Valvulator buffer (mounted under) > output A to Strobostomp HD > Decimator II G-string guitar input
buffer output B > The Depths vibe > Crybaby Junior > 805 overdrive > Mark 525 input
Mark 525 effects loop send > Decimator II G-string Decimator input > Pro Tone Pedals delay > Walrus SLO reverb > Mark 525 return

One output from the buffer acts as a key input for the Decimator II G. Muting the StroboStomp engages the Decimator gate in the loop. The board is a Pedal Train Classic 1 and there is a rear mounted Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus along with the VHT Valvulator. It makes for a heavy board. I also have the Pedal Power giving a bit of voltage sag to the Ruzzian Pickle fuzz and a slight boost to 12 volts for The Depths vibe and the 805 overdrive.
I have since upgraded the Pro Tone Pedals delay to a Way Huge Echo Puss. Although the volume boost on the Pro Tone could be useful, the modulation and tone adjustment on the Echo Puss made it take the place on this board. :D

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
Mock up. I’m gonna try to swap in an SD-1 into the black and white custom enclosure if I can make the control scheme fit. The Joyo is getting replaced by something. Hopefully a guv’nor or swollen pickle. I bought the “board” at a thrift store. It’s a desk organizer and it’s rather sturdy. I’m liking it a lot for this purpose.

1-C2445-BA-D560-487-E-95-A1-B48-EC936252-F.jpg

BabUShka

Reaction score
How do you like that Boss Chorus? I almost bought one but I went with the MXR Analog Chorus instead.
How do you like the MXR chorus? I had one, but just couldnt pair with it. Ended up with TC Afterglow. Maybe its the settings I used, idk.

D-Nasty

Reaction score
How do you like the MXR chorus? I had one, but just couldnt pair with it. Ended up with TC Afterglow. Maybe its the settings I used, idk.

I haven't got to test it extensively yet, but I will say that it seems to be a more subtle Chorus than some of the others I've tried. I have a Source Audio Gemini & it gets really wet & that's the sound I enjoy. The MXR build quality is fantastic like always.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't got to test it extensively yet, but I will say that it seems to be a more subtle Chorus than some of the others I've tried. I have a Source Audio Gemini & it gets really wet & that's the sound I enjoy. The MXR build quality is fantastic like always.

Well, I do have one question. I've always heard that pedals/connectors/metal parts/etc should never touch each other as it can be the cause of plenty of problems, noises, ground loops, etc. But I see a lot of boards like yours where (usually Strymon) pedals are stacked as Lego pieces.

So I guess it's perfectly fine? I've never had space issues with my boards but the one I'm building now might get a bit cramped.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Mock up. I’m gonna try to swap in an SD-1 into the black and white custom enclosure if I can make the control scheme fit. The Joyo is getting replaced by something. Hopefully a guv’nor or swollen pickle. I bought the “board” at a thrift store. It’s a desk organizer and it’s rather sturdy. I’m liking it a lot for this purpose.

1-C2445-BA-D560-487-E-95-A1-B48-EC936252-F.jpg
That's fucking brilliant!

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
How do you like that Boss Chorus? I almost bought one but I went with the MXR Analog Chorus instead.
I had the MXR a long time ago. It was fine but i sold it fairly quickly. I like the Boss better (I can tell because I bought a 2nd one for my other pedalboard).

They’re both on the sidelines now though due to the FM9 taking most of the starting spots.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Update:

Still a morningstar MC8. My expression pedal has literally been collecting dust.