Slipknot split with Jay Weinberg

• Thread starter Riverview
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lax

Reaction score
"Since you hate when we do elevator music with songs that never begins, we'll only do that, because we get people angry, that's what we do"
Haha, can't wait for lofi boomer slipknot.

I lost all faith in them since the end, so far and it was already mostly gone for 15-20 years :p

I hated the "the musicians of this band are hired guns, not full members", it's so tough against roots and thomson !

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sermo Lupi

Reaction score
The only mystery about Eloy being the new drummer is whether he was picked before Weinberg's firing, or after he was heavily promoted on the internet as his replacement (most notably by El Estepario Siberiano). Eloy's split with Sepultura the other week removed whatever shred of doubt was left after months of speculation he was the new hire.

Messy situation aside, Eloy Casagrande is the guy for the job. One of the best drummers playing today, and he knows the material well on top of that. It'll be interesting to see where he takes the band, writing-wise. Mick Thomson was always into technical subgenres of metal, which Eloy can play in spades.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Honestly, change for them can't be a bad thing at this point. I personally hope whatever they do it makes Corey's solo project look like the dime store Disney princess songbook it really is. If we get hardcore Slipknot back he can even keep ruining Stone Sour, I won't be bothered. Let him get it out of his system there and give us the Slipknot that goes hard.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I think s/t and Iowa era Slipknot is pretty much all you'll get as far as that goes. They might release an okay single in that vein to get people hyped up, but in general will be middling.

neurosis

Reaction score
Honestly, change for them can't be a bad thing at this point. I personally hope whatever they do it makes Corey's solo project look like the dime store Disney princess songbook it really is. If we get hardcore Slipknot back he can even keep ruining Stone Sour, I won't be bothered. Let him get it out of his system there and give us the Slipknot that goes hard.

Isn't everything Corey has done solo already looking bland in comparison? Stone Sour is a matter of taste but the whole CMFT thing is almost objectively horrible :D

At this point for all involved Slipknot is the better business so you can probably expect Corey to continue doing what he does there. I doubt we will get the relentless saturated attack from Iowa again. Even then some of the songs gave god clues of whereto band was going: exploring cleaner vocals and radio friendly elements. Most of their albums are a few bangers mixed with interludes and chorus anthems with more of the slow burn/intimate ballad stuff creeping in on recent albums. I dislike the way they do those but if you play videos from the more mainstream festivals they play people love those songs.

I make playlists and omit everything I don't like at this point. That's the easiest way to get the heavier version of the band without hoping for Corey to do something else.

Nero Forte, Solway Firth, The Dying Song, The Chapeltown Rag and H377. What an EP 🔥

RoRo56

Reaction score

Someone filmed the warm up show they did yesterday, Eloy's first show. Sounds pretty cool from what I've heard. I don't know are they playing to a click or intentionally a bit slower because with jay they used to absolutely speed through the songs. Also 4 kick drums is absolute madness haha

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know are they playing to a click or intentionally a bit slower because with jay they used to absolutely speed through the songs.

Corey probably got sick and tired of running out of breath trying to keep up when things get too fast and made sure that isn't going to keep happening. My old band once had a drummer that would always race through the songs so fast we had to yell at him repeatedly to knock it off. It truly is suuuper annoying.

I saw one video of Slipknot playing live forget where, but it was when they only had their first album, and the band was playing so fast Corey could only say a few words here and there. He couldn't even say a whole sentence they were playing that fast lol.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

Someone filmed the warm up show they did yesterday, Eloy's first show. Sounds pretty cool from what I've heard. I don't know are they playing to a click or intentionally a bit slower because with jay they used to absolutely speed through the songs. Also 4 kick drums is absolute madness haha

God when you can hear the keg banging this clearly it's fucking hilarious lmao

Riverview

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
so is the triangle actually legit ? Drummer of Slipknot went to Suicidal Tendencies , drummer of Suicidal Tendencies went to Sepultura , and Sepultura’s drummer went to Slipknot ?

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
so is the triangle actually legit ? Drummer of Slipknot went to Suicidal Tendencies , drummer of Suicidal Tendencies went to Sepultura , and Sepultura’s drummer went to Slipknot ?
Man, the drummer who joined Sepultura got the short end of the stick. Aren't they basically doing a farewell tour and folding up?

Riverview

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Man, the drummer who joined Sepultura got the short end of the stick. Aren't they basically doing a farewell tour and folding up?
Yes , I believe it’s a global world final tour . But , Slayer also said the same thing so who knows . I believe the current replacement drummer knew about it , because the prior drummer left after it was announced …. I think

protest

Reaction score
The barcode jumpsuits and dreads...I just found the Welcome to Our Neighborhood VHS cleaning out my garage last week.

Riverview

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The barcode jumpsuits and dreads...I just found the Welcome to Our Neighborhood VHS cleaning out my garage last week.
Didn’t they admit to throwing coffee makers and blenders at eachother on stage or some shit ?

Soya

Poor person
Reaction score
Greyson Nekrutman is just a hired gun though, he's mainly a jazz guy but enjoys these touring gigs with heavier bands.

BusinessMan

Reaction score

I was friggin saying jay weinburg needed to slow down ever since he joined the band. Rushed through every single track.

zw470

Reaction score

That's the most perfect YouTube thumbnail I've ever seen 🤣

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
First thing I thought when watching the vids over the weekend, “Damn, is this dude playing to a click? Because that’s the most solid I’ve ever heard a Slipknot drummer”

And that’s no dis to Joey or Jay and I even think that the tighter they get as a band, the more they deviate from their original sound, I just prefer the tight version.

It’d be kinda funny this whole time that the reasons the general public loved Jay and Joey are the exact reasons the band themselves wanted change.