So is the official SSO rig still...

• Thread starter Fenriswolf
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
So since we don't talk about gear enough...

https://www.sevenstring.org/threads...on-music-related-topics-on-sso-lately.365868/

Just curios, do we all still agree that the official SSO rig is a used Prestige, tube screamer and a 5150 adjusted?

Adjusted meaning you're an old head and thats a used Prestige or a modded 7321, a tube screamer and 5150 or 6505, newer, something similar to a used Prestige, but with stainless frets, Fishmans, and no finish on the arm contour *actual specs subject to change*, and some type of patch for a modeler or a super boutique amp that at the end of the day...is a bedroom friendly 5150.

I'm not a pickup guy, so if someone would like to continue this shitpost and show how whatever the IN pickup is is either a Crunchlab/LiquidFire or EMGs,by all means do.

I'm a little out of date on my gear knowledge, but I feel like I nailed it pretty good. :metalorc:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KentBrockman

Bite back with Kent Brockman!
Reaction score
Mine is :

- Line 6 Helix with headrush monitor or Blackstar Series One head, Marshall 2x12, and pedals including a BOSS overdrive
- some Prestige made between 1999 and 2015 (have one new one and lost count of the used ones)

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Mine is :

- Line 6 Helix with headrush monitor or Blackstar Series One head, Marshall 2x12, and pedals including a BOSS overdrive
- some Prestige made between 1999 and 2015 (have one new one and lost count of the used ones)

By any chance was I right about the amp model you use?

And that's the thing I hate about Ibanez, I've had some Prestiges I've traded that I would like to get another one of one day, the 7431 is legit the only one I can remember because of how many used to get modded on here back in the day. But I have a feeling I'm going to regret asking how many flame maple mahogany body RGs could they have made?

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score

And that's the thing I hate about Ibanez, I've had some Prestiges I've traded that I would like to get another one of one day, the 7431 is legit the only one I can remember because of how many used to get modded on here back in the day. But I have a feeling I'm going to regret asking how many flame maple mahogany body RGs could they have made?

Probably not that many at all. I have one of them though

J8fAqPF.jpg

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I've owned and still own more prestiges than any other guitar by a fair bit.

5150 is a bit polarizing, there's only one that I like. I do use it lol. All that modeling stuff isn't for me, I don't even own a set of headphones.

Perge

Reaction score
So since we don't talk about gear enough...

https://www.sevenstring.org/threads...on-music-related-topics-on-sso-lately.365868/

Just curios, do we all still agree that the official SSO rig is a used Prestige, tube screamer and a 5150 adjusted?

Adjusted meaning you're an old head and thats a used Prestige or a modded 7321, a tube screamer and 5150 or 6505, newer, something similar to a used Prestige, but with stainless frets, Fishmans, and no finish on the arm contour *actual specs subject to change*, and some type of patch for a modeler or a super boutique amp that at the end of the day...is a bedroom friendly 5150.

I'm not a pickup guy, so if someone would like to continue this shitpost and show how whatever the IN pickup is is either a Crunchlab/LiquidFire or EMGs,by all means do.

I'm a little out of date on my gear knowledge, but I feel like I nailed it pretty good. :metalorc:
Feel called the fuck out lol. 2 Balaguer Tartarus' (closest I can get to a prestige xiphos) into a tube screamer into a 6505+.

IT JUST FUCKIN WORKS, ALRIGHT?!?!?

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think my stuff aligns in general with your average SSO'er:

Ibanez 7 (at least one prestige and some 90's/early 00's models) with at least some pickup mods and at least one BKP
AxeFx
Overdrive pedals

Edit to add:
York IR's

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
When i joined I had a les paul studio, jsx that I KT77’d, two triple X 412’s one of which got WGS CL80’s. I found a deal on a schecter C7 blackjack and that was my 7 for a bit.

Now I have a modeller (main amps are bass amp and rockerverb), a “plexi” (aluminium plate mk2) a 5150, 3 cabs and pedals. I do have an SD-1 and OD808 but I dont boost the 5150 at all :lol:.

Im like 1/3 the sso rig?

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score
Spent 10 years playing Epiphone stock pickups then Lace Deathbars into Pod Farm & a Roland Micro Cube... and I loved it! :lol:

Nowadays, mostly ESPs with Seymour Duncan pickups --> Kemper (Tube Screamer + 5150III or HM2 + JCM800). Rotate between Fender Deluxe, Trainwreck and Vox AC30 rigs for lower gain stuff depending on application.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Last edited:

KentBrockman

Bite back with Kent Brockman!
Reaction score

Nope, but suppose you were close. I use one of the Mesa models. :D

I love flamed maple Prestiges. Had three RG3120s at one point (two 1999 Twilight Blue, one 05/06 RG3120F in Dark Amber) . Sold one of the 1999 RG3120s because the previous owner beat it up badly. I think they started using veneers for FM Prestiges later on.

Would love to get a new RG J Custom someday, but I would like stainless steel and a proper dark fretboard for $3k - I can get that on a new Prestige for $2k if I sacrifice the vine and the FM. Undecided on the Royal Blue Sapphire finish, would prefer Almondite Garnet, Sodalite, or Amethyst Purple.

Reaction score
Can't afford a used prestige unfortunately.

I'm rocking a RG7421 (not Japanese) and a Warmoth partscaster through a Kemper rack. Though, I'm thinking rather than buy a used Prestige in the near future, I might just build one from a custom body and donor neck. Perhaps a 7 string version of this sick Destroyer that's for sale near me.

Attachments

• 423956107_7162779840504890_8270480955015765063_n.jpg
    423956107_7162779840504890_8270480955015765063_n.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 27