Solar Guitars by Ola Englund

• Thread starter zarg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Darchetype

Reaction score
I would like to see some Carvin style block pearloid inlays on a blacked out type A model

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Darchetype

Reaction score
At least with a blank board you can add stickers just where you want them. I've been getting away with this on my Jericho 7 that had no inlays and they haven't come off thanks to careful placement.
I put sticker inlays on my Agile septor, over 3 years ago.....they are just now showing signs of wear.

Bdtunn

Reaction score
Or just make the inlay smaller to only fit the 12th or first like the majesty. It wouldn’t put me off from buying one at all because it’s just cosmetic but I can see how some would be turned off.

binz

Reaction score
Please stop hating on the inlay here. I also really don't like it but I feel like there's a strong anti correlation between people bitching about something on here and Ola doing it

Merrekof

Reaction score
I don't mind the inlay. I completely understand that Ola does this, it's his brand so he can do what he wants. I bet if he came out with a blank fb, he'd get shit from other folks complaining about it.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
Please stop hating on the inlay here. I also really don't like it but I feel like there's a strong anti correlation between people bitching about something on here and Ola doing it
so you're saying there is no correlation? :p

Darchetype

Reaction score
I don't mind the inlay. I completely understand that Ola does this, it's his brand so he can do what he wants. I bet if he came out with a blank fb, he'd get shit from other folks complaining about it.
That doesn't make much sense. Thats like saying right hand guitarists would give him shit because he offers left hand guitars too.

Options are better.

Ola Englund

Reaction score
Just went the Solar website and really thankful that they have a 6 & 7 string Left handed. But come on, any color other than black would have been better. Would love to see either a 6 or 7 Distressed Lefty.

Has anyone tried either of the Left Handed models ?
Just wanted to pitch in on the Left handed discussion. When we first offered left handed we made a poll to see what features lefties would want and we released a red 7-string and one blue 6-string with an Evertune based on the survey. Not too many sales, then we release a black 7 and we sell a lot. I would love to be able to offer many different models but we’re still a very small company, and even though 10% of the people out there are left handed, many choose to play right handed. So that means less than maybe 5% play left handed. With those figures it’s really hard to hit the nail on the head the first time.

Bdtunn

Reaction score
Just wanted to pitch in on the Left handed discussion. When we first offered left handed we made a poll to see what features lefties would want and we released a red 7-string and one blue 6-string with an Evertune based on the survey. Not too many sales, then we release a black 7 and we sell a lot. I would love to be able to offer many different models but we’re still a very small company, and even though 10% of the people out there are left handed, many choose to play right handed. So that means less than maybe 5% play left handed. With those figures it’s really hard to hit the nail on the head the first time.

Ughhhh Lefties are the worst (btw I’m a lefty) all the community does is complain we don’t get guitars and f this brand and f that brand. Then that brand offers them something and it’s the wrong colour or the binding is wrong thus resulting in no one buying and then the circle of complaints starts again. It’s painful too me as I’ve been playing for 30 years and to have this amount of choice, back then I would have killed for even a quarter of the choices offered today!! Thanks for offering us something, it’s appreciated. It’s also funny that the black would sell as 70% of bitching is about only being offered black....

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
That doesn't make much sense. Thats like saying right hand guitarists would give him shit because he offers left hand guitars too.

Options are better.
They're also more expensive, because then you need two assembly lines for the fretboard, raising the overall price.

T00DEEPBLUE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I for one love the inlay. It's a design that fits the aesthetic of the brand and it makes the guitars more distinctive.

If his guitars used inlays that were otherwise more generic then there would be less to cosmetically distinguish Ola's guitars from anyone else's.

I think its cool that it exists on every model as it gives his guitars more consistency in their design language. In the same way that every guitar he sells has the same reverse headstock design.

Nik_Left_RG

Reaction score

Thanks for your input Ola. Much appreciated. Means a lot when the owner of the company himself would comment on such things. I completely missed the train on the red and blue 7/6 string versions. It is interesting to me that your sales are better with the black colour scheme. I guess it does make sense.. In my case, after getting my first decent guitar, which coincidentally, was a black Ibby, I have shied away from black guitars and that particular guitar is the only black guitar in my collection. However, I have been looking at the A2.7C Left handed for about ten times since yesterday and it is growing on me :D. Once again, thank you and I am bigger fan now.

Ola Englund

Reaction score
Thanks for your input Ola. Much appreciated. Means a lot when the owner of the company himself would comment on such things. I completely missed the train on the red and blue 7/6 string versions. It is interesting to me that your sales are better with the black colour scheme. I guess it does make sense.. In my case, after getting my first decent guitar, which coincidentally, was a black Ibby, I have shied away from black guitars and that particular guitar is the only black guitar in my collection. However, I have been looking at the A2.7C Left handed for about ten times since yesterday and it is growing on me :D. Once again, thank you and I am bigger fan now.
As a lefty you could also just get a right handed guitar and a mirror.

(-50 Respect)

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
sir Ola any advice on Evertune maintenance dos and donts, cleaning?sorry sir for asking it my firs time to have evertune guitar

Think of an Evertune in a similar way as a tremolo like a Floyd Rose. It's basically a matter of cleaning up the bridge nicely when you do the periodic setup (no abrasive cleaning fluids as many will actually wreck the finish on them!), and don't forget to do so on the screwheads as well. A cotton swab is great for that, for instance. Other than that, it doesn't require massive maintenance at all.