Solar Guitars by Ola Englund

• Thread starter zarg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ataraxia2320

Reaction score
Still a beautiful bass. Reminds me of a modern Kramer Forum (interestingly enough, was basically a Spector NS-2 in a Superstrat(?) shape).

forum2-jpg.2784255

That Archtop is HOT.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
That Archtop is HOT.

Yeah those old Kramer Forums are slick. Like I said, theyre basically Spector NS2s for those that don't like the Gumby shape. :lol: Only thing is they don't have the Reverse P. But otherwise it's the same construction and electronics.

My Caparison CZQ has a usb charging port for the fishmans. It's pretty nice!

Yeah they're pretty necessary for the Fluences. :lol:

anunnaki

Don't even play 7's
Reaction score
Played a solar in a shop recently (one of the pink/purple h/s hardtail models).
My verdict:
  • Neck - chunkier than an ibanez but not too big. the ss frets seemed pretty nice. fretboard was maple or roasted maple I think. didn't like the look of the fretboard personally. back of the neck looked good.
  • Pickups - the stock pickups sounded pretty nice, good output for metal tones. split coil pickups and clean tones weren't that impressive but not too bad.
  • Fit and finish - hardware seemed ok, nothing special there. paint job looked nice.
  • Overall impression - sounds good but didn't feel much more premium than my old Ibanez RGD 320Z, aside from the pickups which were much better in the Solar than ibanez stock pickups. After trying it, I probably wouldn't buy myself one seeing as I have an Ibanez Prestige RGA121, which feels and sounds better to me. I reckon ola makes some decent margins on these..
also weirdly when I put it back on the wall hanger a string snapped off and the guy in the shop said that kept happening on the Solars

exo

Reaction score
So…I also had the opportunity to briefly put my hands on a Solar 7 string “explorer” style guitar….neck profile was surprisingly comfy, and overall “feel” for the instrument was superior to the Agile
or Chapman “explorer” types I’ve messed around with…..

Zhysick

Reaction score
also weirdly when I put it back on the wall hanger a string snapped off and the guy in the shop said that kept happening on the Solars

That's bullshit :lol: I have had guitars with that problem but my solar is perfectly fine so...

A badly cut nut is not that strange...

pahulkster

Reaction score
Did they ever say anything else about a Nocturno Culto sig? Nocturno G series would be awesome.

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
Pre-ordered this thing. I wanted a guitar with a hipshot (I like them), and it's tough to find a Solar without an evertune on it which I didn't want. The colors spoke to me for whatever reason, but I've always been into finishes that are a little different

20211112085457-AB1.7HTPB20-20FRONT20HORIZONTAL.png

kerryymm

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Pre-ordered this thing. I wanted a guitar with a hipshot (I like them), and it's tough to find a Solar without an evertune on it which I didn't want. The colors spoke to me for whatever reason, but I've always been into finishes that are a little different

20211112085457-AB1.7HTPB20-20FRONT20HORIZONTAL.png

Really nice. I'm currently trying to resist the six-string version of that!

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
We need EverTuners vs. a bridge that can be easily replaced at will.

Latest posts