Solar Guitars by Ola Englund

• Thread starter zarg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Man, I can’t fucking stand the inlay + dots.

Outside of that, reminds me of these older Ibanez’

ce5d22984da8a54a7eb5273f0652

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheDandy

Reaction score
That's a great finish, love it. Just wish it didn't have the Evertune.

Zado

Reaction score
I personally don't like the Evertune, but otherwise great looking guitar, colorful but somehow still metal looking. Honestly Solar is stealing a lot of schecter's cake here in Europe.

Perge

Reaction score
The fleur whatever the fuuuuuck is 1000x uglier than the regular solar inlay. I get, New Orleans LA etc etc. But if you honestly think it looks better then ola's inlay, I'm at point where I think y'all are just bitching to bitch because you know he WON'T change it.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
The fleur whatever the fuuuuuck is 1000x uglier than the regular solar inlay. I get, New Orleans LA etc etc. But if you honestly think it looks better then ola's inlay, I'm at point where I think y'all are just bitching to bitch because you know he WON'T change it.
I mean the block alone wouldn't have been horrible. The fleur de lis alone wouldn't have been bad. BOTH is fucking horrible. That said I still want it because there's only like 3 hardtail 6 string options and the metallic purple is the coolest color out of the three.

mehegama

Reaction score
He's been playing single cuts all life, funny seeing him with a superstrat.
Not really, all his career until the early 2000s he was playing ESP Horizons and Mirages. He then jumped to Eclipses and LPs and now back to his roots.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Apparently board cracks are stilla thing
441584866_10228360074726016_2135650913413655299_n.jpg

Fret crowns look half-assed. Especially toward the end there's too much top real estate. Looks like they just hit it with ascending grit sandpaper until the scratches were gone and called it a day.

Is this an optical illusion? Because it looks decent below the d & g string and then looks like it flattens right out, not even like "bus roof" jackson crowning, but flat.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
It's a "feature"

sound cracks. it makes the sound travel out further into the atmosphere.

...but that does suck though. Oof. I don't think I've ever had a guitar do that.

Deadass srs sound cracks are a real gimmick used to fetch a premium price from dentists.

See the description of Michael League from Snarky Puppy (great band btw) signature bass:

Screenshot_20240524-074432_Firefox.jpg

Latest posts