Some guitars are too funny not to post

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I sold it to @TheBolivianSniper and I think he sold it since then. With the hard case it cost upwards of $130 to ship from TX to PA. Most expensive shipping I've ever encountered.
I once tried shipping 4 pillows to Ireland for work. It would have cost $700 (the box was something like a 30" cube). Yeah, we just sent them the covers and said "get filling yourself" and it was like $40 instead. 😅
It's gary holt from Exodus' guitar lmao

Holy shit, it is:
1713046502525.png

JDB123

Newb Extraordinaire
Reaction score

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Yeah, it’s awful. The control knobs and inlays are all pistol shell casings… The badge says “Holtsville Police”, apparently that is an actual town in California.
Well, the Holtsville PD should've thrown the manufacturer in jail since that red binding... especially all the way around the fret-board and head-stock, is an act of vandalism.

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I sold it to @TheBolivianSniper and I think he sold it since then. With the hard case it cost upwards of $130 to ship from TX to PA. Most expensive shipping I've ever encountered.

Yeah I sold it and my shipping cost to Florida was like $120. It was also the heaviest guitar I've ever played, my new A7 is still the heaviest I've owned and it's lighter than that monster. I regret getting rid of that one but I'm also happier with the new one for sure.

No regrets buying it though, it was the first time I bought from anyone sight unseen and I did really enjoy it.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Yeah I sold it and my shipping cost to Florida was like $120. It was also the heaviest guitar I've ever played, my new A7 is still the heaviest I've owned and it's lighter than that monster. I regret getting rid of that one but I'm also happier with the new one for sure.

No regrets buying it though, it was the first time I bought from anyone sight unseen and I did really enjoy it.
You were awesome to work with. I genuinely dug our correspondence throughout the transaction and I'm glad there were no regrets. But yeah, that thing was a behemoth lol. I've had drunk girlfriends that were easier to lug around.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
1713077248030.png 1713077257855.png

1713077873047.png

Huh...I've never seen this one before:

Hondo / Samick H-797 UFO (Unidentified Fretted Object) electric guitar from the early 1980s. It is in the black finish with the even rarer original hardshell case. It was released in conjunction with The Sting model. The two guitars’ bodies’ contours fit into each other. The UFO model features a single X-13 pickup, Grover tuners, neck-thru body, and a single volume control. This guitar is in very good condition for its age. There are two small imperfections (one on the right side of the body and one on the side of the tail).

1713077927265.png 1713077934287.png 1713077946551.png

Last edited: