Sony Acid Pro 7.0

• Thread starter vigil785
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vigil785

Reaction score
I have a laptop with Sony Acid Pro 7.0 on it and I plan on using it to record a demo of my band. I have no experience recording but have been reading around here trying to figure everything out. I see that are alot of people are using the line 6 toneport. Will this work with Sony Acid or should I just use the program that it comes with. I also was thinking about getting the Digitech Mbox instead because it comes with Pro Tools. Does anyone know which is more user friendly? And does it matter that im not using a Mac to record?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CynicEidolon

And still he waits..
Reaction score
It's the M-Audio M-Box... Haha.

Mac doesn't matter as far as either programs you mentioned are concerned. And I'd stay away from Acid if you can. It's not the best DAW out there.

vigil785

Reaction score
Haha, sorry thats what I meant. What DAW do you recommend? I got Sony Acid for free.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Acid, in my opinion, is one of the biggest pieces of shit. Record into GarageBand if it's a Mac Laptop, if not then pickup a copy of Cubase maybe?

CynicEidolon

And still he waits..
Reaction score
Yeah, GarageBand, Cubase, and if you get an MBox, ProTools comes free with it. Any of those are pretty easy to use.

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
I actually like Sony Acid, but for different reasons. Its great for mixing loops and helping you record if you're a total newbie. Its perhaps the easiest DAW to learn and can handle quite a bit of VSTi plugins.

If you're recording to a Mac then: Logic, MOTU Digital Performer is the way to go. Garage band is good as well.

If you're going in for Windows: Sonar, Cubase, Pro Tools (people have some issues with its MIDI capabilities), Reaper (free !!!!!) are the tools of choice at a decent pro level. There are also a ton of other less expensive options with respect to DAWs but they have lower capabilities and "options / features".

It doesn't matter what platform / OS you choose. I've seen people have great success with both platforms.

A lot of people recommend Reaper. I found it to be a great tool as well. I use sonar 7. I didnt really like Cubase. I loved Acid tho .... but thats just me. I also love the OLP MM-1 guitar that everybody hates !

B36arin

Reaction score
Pro Tools 8 has ripped off Reason's MIDI functions, so PT8 has lots of fancy MIDI features, they've fixed that problem. But PT8 isn't cheap, unfortunately.