SS.org mobile phone app

PetrucciVai

Reaction score
I joined. I recommend everyone else does too.

Otherwise, couldn't you just supply us with the .apk?

I definitely could just send out the .apk, sure. But its easier for me to manage everything through the play store as well as the community page. Its easier to have all the comments/feature requests/questions/bugs/etc on the community page all in one place, instead of scattered about on this thread. Plus its easier for you guys to get updates once they are pushed directly to the Play Store instead of me having to upload .apk's somewhere else and juggle different versions being uploaded (if need be). The Play Store method just makes it easier all around I think.

Robrecht

Overall weird person
Reaction score
I definitely could just send out the .apk, sure. But its easier for me to manage everything through the play store as well as the community page. Its easier to have all the comments/feature requests/questions/bugs/etc on the community page all in one place, instead of scattered about on this thread. Plus its easier for you guys to get updates once they are pushed directly to the Play Store instead of me having to upload .apk's somewhere else and juggle different versions being uploaded (if need be). The Play Store method just makes it easier all around I think.
Yep, I think you're right using the correct beta testing method provided by Google. Looking forward to trying this!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PetrucciVai

Reaction score
Has this been released?

Currently in the Play Store, but as a beta version so you have to join the Google+ community and "opt-in" before you're able to download it. See my earlier posts in this thread about how to do so :)

Robrecht

Overall weird person
Reaction score
I'm in the beta group and I think the app is very, very well made. If you find the time to integrate the User CP and, hopefully, the New Posts feature, it'll be the perfect way to use the forum.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Don't know if it has been added yet, but some way to use the "like" function would be pretty key to me.

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
I really love this app. I just started and I'm typing from it now. I agree a new posts would be a great addition sinces that's primarily how I figure out where to travel on the forum.

lukeshallperish

Total Gear Slut
Reaction score
I even joined the SS.org group on google+, got accepted to the group, and tried the links to the play store, but it says that nothing is found.

PetrucciVai

Reaction score
Sorry for any trouble you guys are having getting the app downloaded. Its still in the Play Store and hasn't been removed! But it won't show up in your search results unless you are both a member of the G+ community and have cliked the "opt-in to be a beta tester" link on the G+ page. Sometimes it even takes a few minutes for the changes to reflect in the Play Store search results.

If you still can't get the app, try removing yourself from the community and requesting to join again. If that still doesn't work shoot me a PM and I'll get it sorted out for you. :yesway:

axemanrio

Reaction score
Really great what you're doing on your own time man. I've just requested to join the G+ community. Would love to help beta test the app on multiple devices and help with the UI too, if required.

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd like some info on this as well. I haven't joined anything, I'm just interested in when it'll be fully released. Also, has Alex OK'd everything?