Strandberg Boden in Japan!

• Thread starter rockstarazuri
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

insaneshawnlane

Reaction score
I gotta be honest...I am not impressed with the flame on these tops. The flames I saw on the Japanese run were far more spectacular.

And these are the examples they bring to NAMM?:ugh:

Though the post on their Facebook made it seem like the first shipment that they would be selling hasn't even arrived yet. Hopefully the incoming guitars have some better tops!

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
These are on my possible shopping list, but OF COURSE after 3 or 4 years of nothing, all the companies put out new interesting stuff the same year so I'll have to pick. This or the Carvin are good contenders though, I want a guitar to play comfortaly on a chair in front of the computer.

jemfloral

Reaction score
Hey, that's me :)

Thanks, I'm uploading more pics specifically of the Strandberg OS

Khoi, terrific pictures mate! Glad someone from sso decided to post pictures of the strandberg booth and not just the ibanez, schecter, etc. Did you grab any of the standard CL7 (i.e. not the Crest-toothpaste-sparkle finished one)? I'd love to see those as well if you've got 'em.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
gigawhat said:
TL;DR My money is my money, Ill spend it how I want to. Thanks for your asshole opinion about my opinion, though. Fvck off, and have a nice day. :fawk:

Not necessary or cool, dude.

So you're clearly talking about a US custom shop getting you a custom spec Strandberg but also saying it's not Washburn. Where are you going then?

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
I think buddy was referring to going an entirely different route via another builder located in the USA. He is just being a complete dick about it.

littledoc

Go meat!
Reaction score
TL;DR My money is my money, Ill spend it how I want to. Thanks for your asshole opinion about my opinion, though. Fvck off, and have a nice day. :fawk:

Someone's taking this all a little too personally.

The Boden OS are a great deal. Yeah, they're expensive for a Korean-made guitar, but most Korean-made guitars don't use proprietary multiscale hardware and have chambered bodies. If you don't like what's offered for the price, then obviously you can shop elsewhere — including getting a custom. But you're kidding yourself if you think you're going to get anything resembling a full-custom Strandberg for under $4k.

cubix

Spring of 86
Reaction score
Me I'm waiting for the 6 strings, fingers crossed for EMGs, wouldn't have to touch anything on it then! Just noticed something that's bothering my OCD - the logo is too close to the edge of the guitar... it's not as close on the US and Custom Bodens :/

insaneshawnlane

Reaction score
Couldn't resist one of these... Ordered a black w/ birdseye!

Good man! I'm glad I'm not the only one that found black and birdseye completely irresistible! I was going to order one literally within minutes of them becoming available but had to wait til the following morning to make sure I could ACTUALLY afford it :lol:

I look forward to seeing a few strandy NGD's mid February (I emailed Ola and he said they should ship to customers by mid Feb :yesway:)

Silence2-38554

Mobius Guitars
Reaction score
Couldn't resist one of these... Ordered a black w/ birdseye!

I am SO wanting to do this but the damn EMG's are just killing me. Obviously they can be swapped for passives but the 9v battery route in the back would be there forever, bumming me out. I REALLY wish the US offering was available with Lace's like the Japan market.

For everyone complaining "Oh, that's so expensive for a Korean guitar:realmad:"

The way I see it, Strandberg is sort of becoming the Apple of the guitar world. They are allowed to charge a premium because their design is fundamentally different and arguably better. I didn't know what to think of Strandbergs 'till I got to play Chris Letchford's actual guitar at NAMM. It's a totally different world. The instrument as a whole feels much more manageable, natural and comfortable. It's super light, ultra portable and just loves to sit in your lap, which is the only guitar I've ever been able to say that about haha.

As for the specs, show me another guitar that comes with:
Stainless frets
Multiscale
Chambered swamp ash body
Flame maple top
Premium pickups
Weighs less than 5lbs

Not to add the proprietary hardware......for a similar price point, regardless of country of manufacture. Again, Apple computers are built in China & nobody complains about that. Strandberg is doing something totally new with this and I just don't think people get it yet. For how unique these instruments are, I think the OS line is brilliant and priced totally fair........but give me some damn Lace's!!

Zhysick

Reaction score
Again, Apple computers are built in China & nobody complains about that.

While I don't think this Koreabergs are "that" expensive to not buy them, I have to say about Apple that they are not "built", just assembled in China, as they are designed in california, lots of the electronics components are made in Japan...

OH! Just like this Koreabergs... hardware from Sweden, pickups from USA, wood from lots of different countries but assembled in Korea... uhm...

I would be pretty pissed off if that price was for a "all made in Korea" guitar but considering the hardware is top notch and the design (endurneck and all that) I think the price is really reasonable, but that "extra" they are charging for selling them in the USA is just abusive... I hope for Europe will be different but hey... I don't think so :lol:

cubix

Spring of 86
Reaction score
Boden 6 OS coming in May... No word on the pickups yet :O The wait is gonna kill me...

From YT:

"I played this guitar at NAMM next to the U.S.A. Washburn models and I couldn't even tell the difference. It is on the same par with the U.S.A guitars in terms of quality, fit, finish, and playability. People forget to mention that these are also inspected and setup in the U.S.A before being shipped out, so the quality control is amazing."

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
Boden 6 OS coming in May... No word on the pickups yet :O The wait is gonna kill me...

From YT:

"I played this guitar at NAMM next to the U.S.A. Washburn models and I couldn't even tell the difference. It is on the same par with the U.S.A guitars in terms of quality, fit, finish, and playability. People forget to mention that these are also inspected and setup in the U.S.A before being shipped out, so the quality control is amazing."

might i ask for the video link? (im assuming YT means youtube :lol:)

littledoc

Go meat!
Reaction score

This doesn't surprise me. I think that blindfolded, no one could tell the difference between a guitar built in Korea and one built in the US. People assume that more expensive = better quality, but in reality the overwhelming majority of price difference can be attributed simply to vastly cheaper Asian labor. Assuming Strandberg maintains tight quality control, these are gonna be great.

Anyway, I ordered my Boden OS in black/rosewood last night, so I'll find out soon enough (yeah, pic-infested NGD to come)!

shanerct

Reaction score
Posted on Strandberg's Facebook today. :shred:

https://www.facebook.com/strandbergGuitarworks?fref=nf

"The full shipment of Boden OS guitars arrived yesterday after having been held up in Long Beach for a while, and are now undergoing a full QC by our own staff in California (you may look forward to an introductory blog post in the near future). They will start shipping out shortly!"

Looks like they may ship sooner then expected. I'm excited. Shipping will still take a week to get to NY. Damn my place of residence.

rapterr15

Reaction score
I noticed on the strandberg website when playing with the custom shop Boden 7 builder, it lists "custom slanted 57/66". Does this mean the soapbar 57/66's that EMG sells would not work as a replacement for the 707x's these come with?