Strandberg Boden in Japan!

• Thread starter rockstarazuri
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Silence2-38554

Mobius Guitars
Reaction score
10750186_780295325358259_7804006850527773801_o.jpg

credit goes to this guy > https://www.facebook.com/BNphotog?fref=photo
theres a whole album of pics from all brands :yesway: and he takes pretty nice pics :D

I just bought this exact guitar from Ed. So rad, NGD soon!!

nistley

Reaction score
Hey Ed...I dont want to speak for all the US guitarists..but some guys like my self would love the LACE pickup option.Some guys are NOT BIG fans of active pickups..

Yes. I just registered on this forum to say that I added the guitar in my cart yesterday and the only thing stopping me were the pickups. I listened to all the reviews I could find, and I was just not liking them, too hot and trebly. I feel like for the price, adding the price of figuring out the pickups, shape, wiring and replacement puts it over the edge for me. I'm pretty sure the moment there is another option, such as versatile CL7 style EMG57,66 or passive lace pickups, I'm going to order :)

mmahan40

Reaction score
Yes. I just registered on this forum to say that I added the guitar in my cart yesterday and the only thing stopping me were the pickups. I listened to all the reviews I could find, and I was just not liking them, too hot and trebly. I feel like for the price, adding the price of figuring out the pickups, shape, wiring and replacement puts it over the edge for me. I'm pretty sure the moment there is another option, such as versatile CL7 style EMG57,66 or passive lace pickups, I'm going to order :)

QFT, same here.

insaneshawnlane

Reaction score
Please elaborate. Are they not both shipping with the regular Strandberg gig bag?

Nope. The ones for the Japanese market look like the same bags that come with Washburn Bodens. The ones that come with the American market guitars have only one pocket and no leather

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Nope. The ones for the Japanese market look like the same bags that come with Washburn Bodens. The ones that come with the American market guitars have only one pocket and no leather

Huh, that's odd. Does anyone have a good picture of the American OS bag? From another thread I was able to see that the bag was different, but it wasn't detailed.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Huh, that's odd. Does anyone have a good picture of the American OS bag? From another thread I was able to see that the bag was different, but it wasn't detailed.

Yeah my Washburn Strandberg came with the gray gig bag (thicker, more pockets, more padding, nicer handles) and my OS came with a much thinner, black gig bag with a single pocket. I was a little sad that for $1900 the gig bag got skimped on since the PRS SE's ship with those nice, thickly-padded gig bags and ship from the same factory and all. Not the end of the world but I would have preferred the nicer gray bag that came with my other Boden personally. :(

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll have to get pics up of my bags but since I don't have any handy, there was one semi-full shot of the Boden OS bag in littledoc's NGD thread:

Triangular, black case coming with the USA OS guitars:

10960250_10152636815641430_5906622055119279544_o.jpg

vs

the bag that all the other Strandbergs have come in previously:

DSC_3327_zpsf0373fd2.jpg

Like I said, much thicker, more padding, nicer handles, more pockets etc. Just an all around nicer bag. I was a little bummed that nearing $2K, they skimped on the bag. :2c: The gray bag I received with my Washberg feels substantially nicer, again just IMHO. :)

cubix

Spring of 86
Reaction score
Really hope it's gonna have the Alumitones... So that it doesn't tempt me when I wait for my Washberg LOL :p

Silence2-38554

Mobius Guitars
Reaction score
As far as gig bags go, it's still pretty dang nice. That being said, it's nowhere near as nice as the standard gray one. The OS bag:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
As far as gig bags go, it's still pretty dang nice. That being said, it's nowhere near as nice as the standard gray one. The OS bag:

Ah thanks for posting that up, meant to do the comparison shots of mine last night and spaced out as I was tired as hell. :lol: Yeah as I said before, it's not a crappy bag or anything, just that BY COMPARISON it's not nearly as nice as the gray ones. :) I'll get some side-by-side shots of both tonight uploaded for everyone so they can see all dimensions. :yesway:

fantasyl

Reaction score
Are the koreaberg sold out in Japan or is there a chance I'll find one in Tokyo (possibly Ochanumizu?)?

I'll be in Japan in 3 weeks, I'd like to try out and eventually buy the OS7, I'm checkin' out digimart ishibashi etc. but no joy :(