Strandberg Boden in Japan!

• Thread starter rockstarazuri
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

boogie2

Reaction score
WhooHooo! I have a fedex tracking number :) <starts pacing anxiously>

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

insaneshawnlane

Reaction score
Not sure to if this had been announced already or if it was common sense or something but on the back of the pamphlet that came with my boden os it says that the os 6 string will be 25.5"-25" scale and the 8 string will be 28"-26.5". It also says pickup options are emg or lace but at this point I imagine its referring to the Japanese models

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
Completely down with those specs. I'm guessing the 8 will be around $2400, does that seem reasonable?

fortisursus

Reaction score
Out of interest for those of you who have received shipping notifications, when did place your order? It's been a week now and no shipping notification for me yet :(

Zinter

Canuck Guitar Tech
Reaction score
Out of interest for those of you who have received shipping notifications, when did place your order? It's been a week now and no shipping notification for me yet :(

Took 9 days, I emailed and Ola responded with my tracking. It was shipped 8 days after I ordered.

rapterr15

Reaction score
Completely down with those specs. I'm guessing the 8 will be around $2400, does that seem reasonable?

If the seven is $1895, I don't see how the 8 would demand a $500 premium. I'd say $2k seems more appropriate.

AlexKhan

Reaction score
Thank You for all the detailed explanation Ed! It's rare and trustworthy what you're doing, joining the forum and actually talking to the customers. I'm following Strandberg very closely! Please don't take the wrong way the fact that I pick on the details - I don' do that and walk away, I definately want to be a customer in the nearest future possible. The heel is actually what impressed me the most on most of the Strandberg photos I've seen. While I understand the problems with the wood, it shouldn't be a big issue to decrease the step in the neck and I'm sure you agree it looks more professional and clean that way. On an instrument that pure and simple in its form these things really stand out. I for one am extremely happy You went for the EMGs and hope that Boden os6 will be offered with them aswell. Would love to see flamed tops as nice as the first Japan batch aswell! Thank You again for the work you're doing!

Thank you! Even after nearly 25 years in the guitar industry, I feel that I'm still always learning new things and I sincerely appreciate the feedback. I really do want to work on the details with the factories and your input is very valuable. Like playing the guitar, there is always room for improvement. It's a never-ending battle and the standard that we strive for always moves higher away from us. That's cool because it'd be boring if we ever achieve "perfection"! Haha. You can be assured that Ola and I will keep striving for it no matter how difficult or challenging it is. Cheers!

XxXPete

Reaction score
Hey Ed...I dont want to speak for all the US guitarists..but some guys like my self would love the LACE pickup option.Some guys are NOT BIG fans of active pickups..

insaneshawnlane

Reaction score
Hey Ed...I dont want to speak for all the US guitarists..but some guys like my self would love the LACE pickup option.Some guys are NOT BIG fans of active pickups..

I'm fairly sure he said something like 'Lace/other pickups will likely be an option in the future' earlier in this thread :yesway:

Edit: Found it on the previous page a few posts down - "It's possible we may offer the Lace pickups for the US market in the future if we find there's a strong demand."

Rich5150

Reaction score
I'm ordering a Red w maple this week, I've personally wanted to try a strandberg but not necessarily at the custom shop prices. For me this is a perfect alternative.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I'm ordering a Red w maple this week, I've personally wanted to try a strandberg but not necessarily at the custom shop prices. For me this is a perfect alternative.

Yup. Giving in. Doing that exact thing tonight, I think (the red with maple really pops to me, and reminds me of my old Dinky too :().

jemfloral

Reaction score
Yup. Giving in. Doing that exact thing tonight, I think (the red with maple really pops to me, and reminds me of my old Dinky too :().

Congrats, I've seen that you've been looking for one for a while now. Glad to see you're taking the leap!

littledoc

Go meat!
Reaction score
ughhhhh this or a vader????? my hair is on the verge of falling out over this.

I'll chime in on this as a longtime Carvin fan. I actually parted with a DC700 to afford my Strandberg, and I definitely debated the two.

Both are lightweight, both have chambered bodies and carbon-fiber reinforced necks. The Carvins are neck-through, which is a minor plus to me. Carvin also has the advantage of being cheaper and/or offering a bigger variety of very nice finishes, woods, and fret sizes.

I went with Strandberg though for a few reasons:

&#8226; The multiscale. To me, doing an ergonomic guitar without a multiscale is just kinda going halfway. It definitely makes a difference in tone and playability. Plus, I think the bridge hardware on the Strandbergs is nicer.

&#8226; The Endurneck. It's legit. It really does get you to anchor your thumb in a way that relaxes your fretting hand. It's weird and awesome.

&#8226; The contours. The Strandberg is designed for multiple playing positions, and I don't care for the convex curve on the bottom of the Vader.

&#8226; Seriously, the arm contour on the Carvin where the top wood just... stops. Why why why? Ugh. Kills the aesthetic for me.

I absolutely love Carvin and I think they've made a great axe, but the Strandberg was designed from the ground up to be something really unique, and it is. The Vader to me seems more like a twist on their regular guitars than something really innovative. Of course your mileage may vary!

Inceptic

Reaction score
Mine just came in. I'll be doing a NGD with better pictures after I get out of the office. I got to played this beast during my lunch break. I don't want to jump the gun on this but I think this is going to ruin the rest of my guitars for me. Can't wait to go home and plug it in.

Here is a tease:
RKN0Ihe.jpg

RKN0Ihe

So did you eventually leave the office? ;)

cubix

Spring of 86
Reaction score
Just a question - what are the actual string saddles made of? Is it stainless steel? One of the many reasons Im interested in Strandberg is the aluminium hardware - no rust! I rust away any bridge within a month and oxidize the Ibanez Cosmo Black coating within 2 days... So if the saddles are indeed stainless it's another amazing feature for me!

insaneshawnlane

Reaction score
Just a question - what are the actual string saddles made of? Is it stainless steel? One of the many reasons Im interested in Strandberg is the aluminium hardware - no rust! I rust away any bridge within a month and oxidize the Ibanez Cosmo Black coating within 2 days... So if the saddles are indeed stainless it's another amazing feature for me!

I read somewhere that all of the parts that may experience wear are stainless, including the saddles :yesway: