.strandberg* Singularity announced, full specs + $1250 price tag

oracles

Reaction score
The finish being a vinyl wrap instead of an actual swirl has killed all my interest in these.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Slaeyer

Reaction score
The finish being a vinyl wrap instead of an actual swirl has killed all my interest in these.

:flame::flame:

On the other hand it would justify why the solid red and the swirl have the same price. I don't know for sure, but to me it seems producing a property swirl is more complicated than a solid color...

Exit Existence

Reaction score
Where did you hear about the swirl being a wrap? I asked Per and he said it's a genuine swirl paint job, but I understand if he was mistaken.

Zinter

Canuck Guitar Tech
Reaction score
If they did vinyl wraps wouldn't the swirls be uniform? Or at least not so unbalanced? Some pics are heavy on black, others red. Looks like paint. The chipped one at NAMM just had wood under and didn't seem to have any fraying of a vinyl.

Slaeyer

Reaction score
If they did vinyl wraps wouldn't the swirls be uniform? Or at least not so unbalanced? Some pics are heavy on black, others red. Looks like paint. The chipped one at NAMM just had wood under and didn't seem to have any fraying of a vinyl.

That's what I was thinking as well.
I've also searched for different pictures of the Singularity OS and all had a different swirl. Also wouldn't there be some kind of seam if it was just a wrap? :spock:

Spectivum

Reaction score
Interesting how a few minor details can make a serious instrument look like a toy

marcwormjim

Reaction score
Not to fuel the rumor, but I see nothing wrong with the idea of clear-coating over vinyl as a cost-cutting measure in Chinese mass-production. I'd be more concerned with orange-peel than whether what was under the poly was "properly" screwed to a stick and stirred in a barrel according to YouTube-tradition. But then again, the sales will tell us if those are the priorities of the target-consumer.

Petar Bogdanov

Reaction score
Maybe the swirls are printed in large sheets and cut by hand? Or maybe they changed the production method at the last minute, because they figured out how to make it cheaply after all. I wouldn't count on pre-prod information to be up to date.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Any verification that starts with "A buddy of mine spoke to" is always false. Figures.