Summer Slaughter 2013!!

• Thread starter Ralyks
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SomeGuy97

Reaction score
I'm sure everything will be just fine, and everyone will hang out and have a great time just like on every tour. At the end of the day, even if he hates our music it doesn't mean he can't like us as people amirite?

Yeah, if YOU approach him and are nice to him I'm sure it will be like that, but he won't go out of his way to speak with you. I've toured with the guy twice and your band was the no.1 band he talked shit on. ...Constantly. It was the same thing with WhiteChapel. A month straight of shit-talking until I started talking more with Zach and telling the CD guys that they were chill and finally some of the WC camp opened up and started talking with them and it was cool. That's what I think you'll have to do. He won't lie to you about what he thinks of your music but I think he will be civil.

You don't have to take my word for it. You can see for yourself how many bridges that band (or rather Travis alone acting on their behalf) has burned. The Chris Barnes incident wasn't an anomaly. I left in the middle of the last tour I did with them because of how fucking irate, douchey, paranoid, and insane he had become. Keep in mind we had been friends for 8 or 9 years. All the other bands on that tour saw and knew what happened too and can verify how out of control he was.

For what it's worth, I think Dave (drummer) really likes you guys. We bumped the first album for awhile on many of those drives.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
Personally, if someone is going to be that narrow minded and rude, I would feel no obligation to befriend them. In fact I wouldn't want to. You can have your opinion, but if you don't stop running your mouth with absolutely no personal experience with what you're shit talking, you're just an ignorant, self-righteous douche bag. People like that should just be ignored and be left to make a complete fool of themselves through their own actions and words.

AmishRefugee

Reaction score
I'm sure everything will be just fine, and everyone will hang out and have a great time just like on every tour. At the end of the day, even if he hates our music it doesn't mean he can't like us as people amirite?

We know he doesn't like being punched in the face. So at the very least, don't do that. :yesway:

Anyway, I fully expect to die in the pit during this show. Anyone want my unimpressive collection of guitars if I do?

Nats

Reaction score
I'd go because I love DEP, but Periphery and AAL are also playing. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

nsimonsen

Reaction score
Yeah, if YOU approach him and are nice to him I'm sure it will be like that, but he won't go out of his way to speak with you. I've toured with the guy twice and your band was the no.1 band he talked shit on. ...Constantly. It was the same thing with WhiteChapel. A month straight of shit-talking until I started talking more with Zach and telling the CD guys that they were chill and finally some of the WC camp opened up and started talking with them and it was cool. That's what I think you'll have to do. He won't lie to you about what he thinks of your music but I think he will be civil.

Intense, dude sounds like an asshole to be honest. No one should have to approach and goad someone for their approval, sounds like utter elitism.

concertjunkie

Reaction score
Revocation just put the poster on their Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Revocation). So far:

Dillinger Escape Plan
Animals As Leaders
Periphery
Norma Jean
Cattle Decapitation
The Ocean
Revocation
Aeon

Already this is going to rule on so many effin' levels :hbang::hbang::hbang:

Not the biggest fan of Norma jean anymore, but goddam I'm going. 7 of 8 bands I want to see is a winner for me, not to mention periphery and AAL crew are always cool to hang out with.

Ultraussie

Reaction score
I'm Australian but I hope Thy Art Is Murder wins to tour America since Rings of Saturn already are doing a Huge Tour with Suffocation....
Thy Art Is Murder deserve to come to America over Rings Of Saturn since they already have a tour...

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Thy Art better win. If ROS wins, I'll be severely disappointed. They're decent, but I saw them on the Slaughter Survivors tour and their live show was severely underwhelming. Not to mention TAIM deserves to hit the US after they dropped Hate.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
I am definitely hoping for Thy Art is Murder as well. I love RoS, but I've seen them live so that desire is satisfied.