T.V. shows you've been watching

• Thread starter pushpull7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
I just finished The Vikings. I liked Floki, the boat builder.
In a show filled with nuts, he was the one that cracked the soonest, yet held together the longest.

I'd recommend not trying Valhalla next. The follow up didn't have much of the magic of the original. It's entertaining, but doesn't have the character development nor the compelling intrigue.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
In a show filled with nuts, he was the one that cracked the soonest, yet held together the longest.

I'd recommend not trying Valhalla next. The follow up didn't have much of the magic of the original. It's entertaining, but doesn't have the character development nor the compelling intrigue.
What was the Viking comedy show?

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
About half-way through the second season of the Pretty Little Liars "horror" series, and starting to feel like, until the killer actually manages to kill someone, the stakes seem particularly low. It just seems to be "classic horror-movie setup" followed by "persons gets away while masked psycho stands around like a chump".

Kinda just makes me wanna re-watch the first couple of seasons of the Scream TV series, which did "Slasher film as TV show" so much better.
That Scream TV series wasn't all that great, either. I think the chick from Hell Fest did alright, though.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Enjoying Your Honor, starring Bryan Cranston. It's not quite Breaking Bad-good, but solid. There are some parallels to BB (generally a good guy who made some bad choices in a shitty situation and gets caught up in much worse situations). I'm a couple of episodes fro the end, but unless they completely shit the bed when they wrap it up, it's worth a go.

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
Pretty sure that one is Norsemen
Norsemen is brilliant

Watched the first 2 episodes of The Acolyte yesterday. The 1st 10 mins of the 1st episode is brilliant and makes a bold & brave decision too, then the episode puts that to one side and becomes an average-ish Star Wars story, which is such a huge shame. I'd already read a cpl of review so knew to expect it, but it really is a 3 star nothing special series so far - stock character types and backstories, the twist is obvious immediately. TBH I am tied in tho as I do wanna see what's going to happen but its a real shame the originality of the first 10 mins or so was lost. Def positives tho are the fight scenes so far are all pretty great, no lightsabre fights so far, all force-wuxia which is pretty cool. Hopefully it will pick up

nightflameauto

Reaction score
What was the Viking comedy show?

Pretty sure that one is Norsemen
Yup. And that's just an absolutely awesome experience. Like, they nailed the tropes so perfectly while skewering them into oblivion. It's just a great show all around.

EDIT: Forgot to talk about Six Feet Under.

I love the writing on this show. Where else would you get something as clever as this exchange:
"Hey, so, does bad music make people deaf or do deaf people just have really bad taste in music? "
"Well, there is Beethoven."

And then just a couple episodes later you get a dude on the phone with his dad bawling his eyes out screaming, "I LOVE YOU TO, YA SADISTIC OLD FUCK!"

The drama and humor balance so well. Some of these older HBO shows really had it going on. Rome's another one.

"HOW DO YOU KNOW SUCH THINGS OF HER!" all red-faced
Laughing, "They've all got on. Ask anybody."

Or my favorite scene in Rome, the self-immolation with the curse in front of someone's home. And somebody just casually goes, "Now that's an exit."

Last edited:

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
They have confirmed seasons 2 and 3 already

I know, I just wish there was already more to watch.

I also watched the first two episodes of The Acolyte. I quite like it, but then again I'm such a Star Wars fanboy, they could almost just have random lightsaber fights without any plot at all and I'd enjoy it :lol:

That said, I wish they hadn't revealed
that the main character's a twin
that soon - they could've kept it way more mysterious by holding it back for a while longer.

Last edited:

Steo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just finished Fallout series. Overall I enjoyed it, very well shot. The only thing that bugged me was the humour that seemed to be crowbared in on episode 7.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Tour de France Unchained season 2 is out. Easily one of the best docuseries that Netflix put out imo. Having known next to nothing about the Tour or the sport in general before watching the first season, this gave me a huge appreciation for the sport, and overall its just very well produced and paced.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
The Boys season 4 ❤️ Watched the two first episodes yesterday. On the show's own scale the episodes were a tad boring, but there's a bunch of things ramping up so you know something epic will be coming soon.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
The Boys first three of the new season are alright. I forget just how out there this show gets until we're watching new episodes. "I'm sure he's able to spew goo." My wife literally had to have me pause and rewind a bit when that line popped off.

I love the new Noir. Him constantly asking for motivation or direction is hysterical. Gonna be interesting to see where this one goes.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Been watching Dark Matter (2024) and I'm really digging it. Kind of reminds me of a cross between the movie Sphere and the Sliders series, both of which I love. Waiting for the last episode over the next few days.

zappatton2

Reaction score
Watched the 4th episode of Acolyte. It's kept me modestly entertained, which frankly is on par with all the other Star Wars I've seen (TBH, my favourite Star Wars is Family Guy Star Wars).

I'm still waiting for the part that's supposed to make me "internet angry" about how they irreparably ruined Star Wars.

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
Watched the 4th episode of Acolyte. It's kept me modestly entertained, which frankly is on par with all the other Star Wars I've seen (TBH, my favourite Star Wars is Family Guy Star Wars).

I'm still waiting for the part that's supposed to make me "internet angry" about how they irreparably ruined Star Wars.
🫠

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
House of the dragon season 2.

Similar budgets, excellent writing, no modern day cultural war bullshit shoved in.

An actual TV show meant to entertain; what a time to be alive.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
House of the dragon season 2.

Thanks for the reminder, I've been waiting so long I forgot it was even coming :lol:

The first season was excellent.

Trek > Wars

Too different to compare imho, but I guess Star Trek has been more consistent over the years. But these new Star Wars shows have all been decent, and I keep getting pleasantly surprised every time because I'm kinda expecting Disney to drop the ball somehow.