T.V. shows you've been watching

• Thread starter pushpull7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder, I've been waiting so long I forgot it was even coming :lol:

The first season was excellent.

Too different to compare imho, but I guess Star Trek has been more consistent over the years. But these new Star Wars shows have all been decent, and I keep getting pleasantly surprised every time because I'm kinda expecting Disney to drop the ball somehow.

Ohhhh yah. Get on it before it gets spoiled for you.

EDIT : Also been watching "The Americans" with the woman. It's a shame we didn't get to it sooner, because it's an absolute banger.

There's more exposition going on while the intro credits are rolling than there is to the entirety of a disney star wars episode 🤣.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
My favourite bit of trivia about House of the Dragon is that the season 2 premier is the highest viewed premier they've ever had!... Since rebranding to Max from whatever they were called before... Which happened last year... Which means the season 2 premier actually had less viewers than the season 1 premier. Normally, none of this would matter, but I have to laugh because HBO Max I insisted on releasing a press statement stating how good the premier for S02 was.

I still have S01 downloaded and will watch it eventually.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
Ohhhh yah. Get on it before it gets spoiled for you.

EDIT : Also been watching "The Americans" with the woman. It's a shame we didn't get to it sooner, because it's an absolute banger.

There's more exposition going on while the intro credits are rolling than there is to the entirety of a disney star wars episode 🤣.
The first two seasons of The Americans were fucking fantastic and then it kind of falls off pacing wise imo. The later seasons are still good, but they are significantly slower paced.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
My favourite bit of trivia about House of the Dragon is that the season 2 premier is the highest viewed premier they've ever had!... Since rebranding to Max from whatever they were called before... Which happened last year... Which means the season 2 premier actually had less viewers than the season 1 premier. Normally, none of this would matter, but I have to laugh because HBO Max I insisted on releasing a press statement stating how good the premier for S02 was.

I still have S01 downloaded and will watch it eventually.
They also gloated about how many viewers Velma supposedly got. Warner gutted their animation department and basically got rid of most of their projects, but kept that waste of animation. Lmao

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Watched the 4th episode of Acolyte. It's kept me modestly entertained, which frankly is on par with all the other Star Wars I've seen (TBH, my favourite Star Wars is Family Guy Star Wars).

I'm still waiting for the part that's supposed to make me "internet angry" about how they irreparably ruined Star Wars.

Yeah, the Acolyte is fine. Granted that it has the same issues as a lot of the Disney+ shows (that isn't Andor) of being 8 hour long movies chopped up into hour long episodes, so the pacing is wonky as balls. All the Youtube grifters have blown the discourse out of proportion review bombing the show long before actually seeing a single episode.

It is very nostalgic towards the prequel trilogy, and as much as I have complex feelings towards that era of Star Wars, it is pretty charming.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Just finished Evil season 3. S4 is currently airing on CBS I think, so I may have a chance to catch up. I've really liked it, honestly. It kind of follows the X-Files plot formula, and while not every episode is a banger, it's been full of interesting ideas inspired by current pop culture and so forth. It's nothing mindblowing, but I have found it thoroughly enjoyable as a tv network show.

Once I'm caught up i think I'm gonna hunt down some old CHiPS episodes because it's been a long time and that was my jam when I was a kid.

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
Yeah, the Acolyte is fine. Granted that it has the same issues as a lot of the Disney+ shows (that isn't Andor) of being 8 hour long movies chopped up into hour long episodes, so the pacing is wonky as balls. All the Youtube grifters have blown the discourse out of proportion review bombing the show long before actually seeing a single episode.

It is very nostalgic towards the prequel trilogy, and as much as I have complex feelings towards that era of Star Wars, it is pretty charming.
Watched the latest episode today, half hr more and the story went nowhere tbh, a big reveal that was blindingly obvious for a cpl of episodes now, on the plus side the ep is basically all fight scenes, lots of cool sabre fights finally, and the show tbf to it isn't afraid of killing off characters. Weird thing is its yet another show/movie that shows the Jedi to basically be total bellends as people and as an order. When you watch the original trilogy you just wanna be a Jedi coz its the greatest thing ever. Since the Prequel trilogy all they've done is show that the Sith are right and the best/coolest place to be is on the Dark side of the force

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Watched the latest episode today, half hr more and the story went nowhere tbh, a big reveal that was blindingly obvious for a cpl of episodes now, on the plus side the ep is basically all fight scenes, lots of cool sabre fights finally, and the show tbf to it isn't afraid of killing off characters. Weird thing is its yet another show/movie that shows the Jedi to basically be total bellends as people and as an order. When you watch the original trilogy you just wanna be a Jedi coz its the greatest thing ever. Since the Prequel trilogy all they've done is show that the Sith are right and the best/coolest place to be is on the Dark side of the force

Like I said, The Acolyte is 'fine'. Not great, just middle of the road fine. If they're going to use the prequels as influence, sketchy story telling and dialogue shouldn't be any of them. But the fact that it isn't fanwank like Kenobi and Ahsoka makes Acolyte at least fresh.

There's something interesting about the Jedi that nobody likes to talk about; failure is embedded into their lore and history. Even right from the original trilogy. I said I have complex feeling about the prequels (mostly generally not a fan, especially Ep2), but turning the destiny trope over its head was the prequel trilogy's biggest strength. The sequel trilogy; well the fact that it was obvious and laid bare and having everyone's favorite self insert character straight up tell everyone that 'the Jedi are romanticised'. I get it. As a kid; having your heores tell you the dark truth is depressing and might even make you angry. But from a grown adult perspective, it's pretty compelling.