T.V. shows you've been watching

• Thread starter pushpull7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mongey

Reaction score
Been watching The Leftovers with the wife.

took a few episodes to get there , but I'm digging it.

up to the last episode of the Michael Jordan doco. I'm no big basketball guy but its well made and super watchable

we also tried to get into house of lies. After 4 episodes of the macho , corporate wank fest we both decided its not for us

AxRookie

Aspiring Expert
Reaction score
Season 1 and 2 of AC downloaded and I just watch the first episode, not bad, better than anything else I haven't watched yet...

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
The Plot Against America- an alternate history take on the USA during ww2. It's a very pointed look at how easily america could have slid into fascism and violent anti-semitism like germany. As someone that's a bit of a WW2 buff it's even eerier since those cultural/racial tensions are conveniently glossed over outside of some academic texts. Overall it's a very slow burning show with no real "action" but a ton of underlying tension.

AxRookie

Aspiring Expert
Reaction score
Yup. That's also my summary.
I just got done with Season 2 and the first half of the season had me nodding off, then it slowly started getting better, then it wound up big time and finished up pretty strong with the last two episodes...

I one thing that was holding me up from really getting into it at first was every time I saw Takeshi Kovaces new "sleeve" I kept thinking "SAM! What's Sam doing there???" lol

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Rewatching 30 Rock and Married with Children.

I felt dirty ogling Kelly until I remembered she's older than me :lol:

binz

Reaction score
Been watching The Leftovers with the wife.

took a few episodes to get there , but I'm digging it.

Yeah its a shame they had to film the first season during winter, makes everything seem quite bleak and unwelcoming. You can really tell the difference in Season 2 and 3.

I loved the Leftovers so much I wrote and recorded a 3-part song about it and made a "music video" (for one of the parts): (spoilers ahead)

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I've been binge watching Mindhunter. Almost done with the first season. One or two of the characters are annoying, but the two main guys are cool.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Dark side of the ring is really enjoyable. Crazy, crazy stuff.

The episode about the Von Erichs really hurt to watch, just one thing after another for them. I didn't think I'd be as in to the series as I was, really enjoyed it as someone who grew up with the Attitude era.

mongey

Reaction score
Yeah its a shame they had to film the first season during winter, makes everything seem quite bleak and unwelcoming. You can really tell the difference in Season 2 and 3.

I loved the Leftovers so much I wrote and recorded a 3-part song about it and made a "music video" (for one of the parts): (spoilers ahead)

we are almost at end of season 2 now and yeah it’s very different from the first. You could say a real departure. Lol

I’ll check the songs out

Demiurge

Reaction score
Watching the new Unsolved Mysteries on Netflix. It's alright. There's no narration and the presentation is more talking-head documentary style. The theme music is less creepy. The topics have been more 'domestic' (murders, missing people) than 'paranormal' which is a drag, but I realized when re-watching the original series that it was like that, too, and that paranormal stuff was just more memorable.