T.V. shows you've been watching

• Thread starter pushpull7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I heard about the FO series. Wondering if it's any good, or if like the games the third episode will just be redone into perpetuity. That's not a dig, I'm genuinely curious if it's any good since things branded by the franchise can be super hit or miss/boring.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
I heard about the FO series. Wondering if it's any good, or if like the games the third episode will just be redone into perpetuity. That's not a dig, I'm genuinely curious if it's any good since things branded by the franchise can be super hit or miss/boring.
Walton Goggins = nightflameauto gives it a try. I swear that dude could read the phone book in one of his characters and I'd be enthralled.

That said, it's Prime trying to Prime, so I don't expect great things.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Fallout- As a huge Fallout fan this show is fucking nailing the vibes of the games. It's got the absurd violence, the pitch black humor and the 1950s period vibes/ banging soundtrack down to a T. I love that they made the Brotherhood of Steel Power armor suits practically. Same with Walton Goggin's ghoul makeup. The prop design nails a lot of the in-game items like Cram, Pipboys, laser rifles, rippers, etc.
Walton Goggins kills it, as usual..

Last edited:

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
Seeing the pip boy prop is awesome. I'm hoping that they don't exclude "Grandma Plays The Numbers" and "Civilization" from the soundtrack because those are my 2 favorite hits.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Fallout- As a huge Fallout fan this show is fucking nailing the vibes of the games. It's got the absurd violence, the pitch black humor and the 1950s period vibes/ banging soundtrack down to a T. I love that they made the Brotherhood of Steel Power armor suits practically. Same with Walton Goggin's ghoul makeup. The prop design nails a lot of the in-game items like Cram, Pipboys, laser rifles, rippers, etc.
Walton Goggins kills it, as usual..
That last bit is all I need. I never played the games, other than Fallout Shelter on the iPhone, so have no connection other than some of the lore sounding interesting to me. I wanna be entertained.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Going through X-Men 97 weekly. At first, I wasn't interested since it's as nakedly nostalgia pandering as it gets and the writing itself is interwoven to that. But the writing is strong and energetic, I'm enjoying it a lot. And Nili Brosh does an amazing job on the theme song.

And also keeping up with Shogun, which I'm trying not to talk about too much until the show ends. But it really is a great adaptation, and a good example of how to approach a remake. As someone who's familiar with the Sengoku Jidai's historical figures I had to keep the Wiki open on my phone the first 3 episodes to know who some of the supporting characters are supposed to be. :lol:

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Started watching the Fallout series yesterday - yeah, they definitely got the atmosphere and the details down. What I didn't like though was that it assumes you've played the games. I've played them, so no problem, but if I had watched the show with my wife I would've had to explain everything all the time :lol: Yeah, most watchers will definitely have played the game, but still. Wouldn't have been hard to show people entering vaults, getting instructed on what to do there, receiving pip-boys and so on.

Either way, pretty good first episode and I will definitely keep watching. Oh and apparently a second season's already approved and in the works too.

Last edited:

nightsprinter

Reaction score
Did ep 2 of fallout last night. Digging it. As others mentioned, it's doing a great job at paying tribute to the game. The bizarre interactions are hilarious.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
After finishing season 2 of Dexter last night, I completely forgot about how much cheese there was in that show. I remembered it being way darker and closer to Hannibal, but it's just straight up goofy half the time and some of the "intense" action sequences and gratuitous slow-mom's feel like they're straight out of the 90's with their unintentional campiness.
My first rewatch threw me off, too. It took the show the majority of those first two seasons to figure out what it wanted to be. The first season in particular, Dexter's performance seems way off as compared to later seasons; like they were going for something 'funnier', at the time.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I tried watching ep 1 of Fallout. Can't do it. I couldn't even tell you why, I just don't care in the slightest. Maybe because I've done the choose your own adventure versions already, or there are too many real war docs I'd rather watch than this quirky human time capsule shit again. I just don't get it anymore, or I lost it.

nightsprinter

Reaction score
I tried watching ep 1 of Fallout. Can't do it. I couldn't even tell you why, I just don't care in the slightest. Maybe because I've done the choose your own adventure versions already, or there are too many real war docs I'd rather watch than this quirky human time capsule shit again. I just don't get it anymore, or I lost it.

Yeah sounds like you won't like it in general, but fwiw I didn't think episode 1 was great.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Parish- Gave it a shot and couldn't get through the first ep. Didn't care about the characters, Parish, storyline, directing, and then it just got more retarded. Ah well.

zappatton2

Reaction score
I watch horror flicks and shows all the time, but just finished the documentary "The Truth vs. Alex Jones", and that was easily one of the most disturbing, upsetting and generally horrifying things I've watch in some time.

I don't believe in an afterlife, but every version of hell every conceived in any holy book is too good for that man.