T.V. shows you've been watching

• Thread starter pushpull7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
Finished Fallout, can't really add any more to what others have said, brilliant series looking fwd to series 2
Watched Hazbin Hotel animation on Prime, I really enjoyed it. A lot of the humour at times is pretty school boy - just being as filthy and disgusting as poss to shock, but its actually proper funny and 1 ep is surprisingly touching under all the vulgarity. Lot of cool character takes too, Adam is a arsehole jock, Satan is like a neurotic all powerful Willy Wonka. Alastor the Radio Demon is prob the best character, also the fact it has broadway style show tunes throughout is properly great and funny!
Currently 4 episodes in on Netflix Grimm Variations anime. Pretty weird takes on the original stories, the Little Red Riding Hood ep is prob the best. Only gonna watch the last 2 episodes for the sake of finishing the series if I'm totally honest

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

brector

Reaction score
Dead Boy Detectives
A Gaiman created/influenced take on the supernatural that screams Gaiman from the rooftops. If you like his quirky humor, but wouldn't mind the weird being only 1/3rd of the show rather than 9/10ths? It's pretty entertaining. Basically two ghosts solving supernatural mysterious, joined by a girl psychic. Pretty much the same story we've seen a billion times with two guys and a girl, one dude can't stand her, the other is convinced everybody likes him, and she's pissed at both most of the time. Decent humor, and has a light-hearted, almost kid-show level of friendliness, even though it's definitely not a kid's show.
I assume you know DBD was a comic series?

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Currently watching Them: The Scare. Properly unsettling shit.

Finished "The Sandman," it was good, although just sort of ends and it seems like there's no real consequences to anything, and episode 11 is two separate stories that just feel tacked on for nothing. Curious to see what they do in Season 2, I'm assuming Desire/Despair team up with Morningstar, to go against Dream/Destiny/Death but who knows, Neil has never been one for tradition.
The actual comic series has a lot of interwoven plots that get resolved at various points, which lends itself less well to a TV series. I read that S2 is going to be released in "volumes" so we will get chunks of story at a time, probably an attempt to bridge the gap in those storytelling media.

Really great show overall, my biggest gripe is that Death and Dream could've been a lot more goth. I would've settled for a little.... but Dream is based on Robert fucking Smith, AKA Goth Grandpa, and Death is... Death.

manu80

Reaction score
Started "Sugar " on apple tv with Colin Farrell.
Love the actor. The way he is in the serie makes me think he would have been a good Bruce Wayne ;)
The show has a slow pace, inspired by old noir movie too but pretty sure that there's gonna be a SF twist or something, some clues are moving towards this....Just hope it won't destroy everything
Really good so far (5 episodes)

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Started "Sugar " on apple tv with Colin Farrell.
Love the actor. The way he is in the serie makes me think he would have been a good Bruce Wayne ;)
The show has a slow pace, inspired by old noir movie too but pretty sure that there's gonna be a SF twist or something, some clues are moving towards this....Just hope it won't destroy everything
Really good so far (5 episodes)
Check out Colin's Penguin/Cobblepot. You wouldn't believe it's the same dude, not only from the makeup, but the way he plays it. As much fun as it might be to see him as Wayne, he may actually pull me back into the DC universe films with his portrayal of Penguin.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Anyone watching Baby Reindeer? About 4 episodes in and it's an absolute ride. Creepy, disturbing, great acting and direction. Apparently a "true" story and the main actor was actually the real life victim.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Apparently a "true" story and the main actor was actually the real life victim.

Yikes, if true, I can't imagine putting myself thru that again as a dramatization for a show; at best consulting with the director for feelings in hindsight to X/Y/Z, but actually acting in the damn thing? No thanks.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Yikes, if true, I can't imagine putting myself thru that again as a dramatization for a show; at best consulting with the director for feelings in hindsight to X/Y/Z, but actually acting in the damn thing? No thanks.
Depends entirely on the person. For some people, re-enacting the trauma may actually help them deal with it, or come to terms with it, or separate it into its own space in their head rather than letting it bleed all over everything else. While for others it would send them into a spiral that they'd never pull out of.

KnightBrolaire

friendly neighborhood gearwhore
Reaction score
Audie Murphy would like to know your location

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Fell asleep during the first episode. It was making me feel uncomfortable. Worth continuing, I take it? I'm hesitant due to the unease.
You will feel uneasy the entire show, in a good way in my experience.

manu80

Reaction score
Check out Colin's Penguin/Cobblepot. You wouldn't believe it's the same dude, not only from the makeup, but the way he plays it. As much fun as it might be to see him as Wayne, he may actually pull me back into the DC universe films with his portrayal of Penguin.
yeah even if I think that physically casting De Niro would have spared Farrell a lot of make up time ;)
but yeah I'm waiting for the serie, for sure .

As for Baby reindeer, I hear about it at work, but in the "today's youth" word of mouth, so for them the guy is also responsible etc....not th egirl responsability 100%....complicated debate so I may watch it by "curiosity" ( i'm becoming paranoid with the use of some words nowadays...)

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Just finished For All Mankind. What a fantastic show. Took a break waiting for season 3 and then just couldn't find the motivation to care again, but once I started up season 3, that quickly passed. I've got an interview for a NASA project tomorrow night so it got me all super pumped for it :D

And makes me wish we weren't currently such enemies with Russia... should have visited when I had the chance...

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
The Great Courses: The History and Archaeology of the Bible - I've always been a big archaeology nerd, almost went to school for it. Lots of fascinating history here, and despite not being Christian I appreciate the regular pauses taken by the narrator (who is Christian) to contemplate the philosophical implications of looking at Bible history through a scientific lens. It's also really interesting to experience the perspective of someone whose faith is not only unshaken, but apparently strengthened, by ideas that are often viewed as dire threats to The Church. My only real complaint is that it doesn't go into more detail, but it's already a pretty massive undertaking at 24 episodes.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
The Great Courses: The History and Archaeology of the Bible - I've always been a big archaeology nerd, almost went to school for it. Lots of fascinating history here, and despite not being Christian I appreciate the regular pauses taken by the narrator (who is Christian) to contemplate the philosophical implications of looking at Bible history through a scientific lens. It's also really interesting to experience the perspective of someone whose faith is not only unshaken, but apparently strengthened, by ideas that are often viewed as dire threats to The Church. My only real complaint is that it doesn't go into more detail, but it's already a pretty massive undertaking at 24 episodes.

I'm definitely going to take some edibles and watch some of this.

DarkstarII

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just finished For All Mankind. What a fantastic show. Took a break waiting for season 3 and then just couldn't find the motivation to care again, but once I started up season 3, that quickly passed. I've got an interview for a NASA project tomorrow night so it got me all super pumped for it :D

And makes me wish we weren't currently such enemies with Russia... should have visited when I had the chance...
I second your Russian sentiments. I read a great deal of Russian history and am perturbed by what’s going on in that country. Wish I had visited years ago. I have my trip planned too — fly into St Petersburg, then train to Moscow and if I had the time, take the Siberian railroad to Vladivostok.

MrBouleDeBowling

Reaction score
Late to the party but I'm a big Fallout fan and I finally watched the show. It's as good as everyone says. I did not expect it to be THIS faithful to the source material. It's good enough on its own if you know nothing about the franchise but if you're a fan, it's a fucking delight. Just shows that a copious amount of fan service can be a good thing if you care about your craft and do it properly (I'm looking at you, Jurassic World movies >: ( )

KnightBrolaire

friendly neighborhood gearwhore
Reaction score
I finished up the Gentlemen yesterday and it was quite good. Definitely nails the typical Guy Ritchie vibe with the mix of snark, brutality and pitch black humor. It makes sense though, since Ritchie directed/wrote the first couple episodes. I feel like some of the later smaller storylines were just chucked in there for filler purposes though.