TC 2290 Pedal

• Thread starter Bloody_Inferno
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score

Image_TE_P0EB5_2290-P-DYNAMIC-DIGITAL-DELAY_Top_XL.png

Looks like it's finally happened. Espcially since the plugin controller that came out a few years ago felt like a tease.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

prlgmnr

...that kind of idea
Reaction score
will this get me to take the deluxe memory man off my pedal board? no

will it be massively better than the DD500 I already have and don't have on my pedal board? no

am I going to buy one? more than likely

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
That's pretty cool, but why not also release a rack version to just completely fill the 2290 needs?
I think rack gear scares the average buyer more than a big pedal.

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
I need a Michael Nielsen vid of this compared to the rack 2290 stat!

Also damn it I do not need another delay... but will probably buy one anyways :lol:
The 2290 is basically the only delay I use in the Axe FX, and I absolutely do not need this, but I greatly want one. The 2290 is one of the very few pieces of gear I strongly regret selling.

And yeah, the demo Michael did of the plugin against the rack unit a few years ago, alongside the other shootouts he's done against the 2290, are all excellent. I really hope he does similar here.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I need a Michael Nielsen vid of this compared to the rack 2290 stat!

Also damn it I do not need another delay... but will probably buy one anyways :lol:

This year has been like the year of great deluxe delay pedals. I haven't got suckered in yet, but I want to. In Japan we can get Waza pedals for free as part of a tax rebate, but for some reason Boss pedals aren't included (not MIJ?), though I'm hoping some day they make an appearance.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
The 2290 is basically the only delay I use in the Axe FX, and I absolutely do not need this, but I greatly want one. The 2290 is one of the very few pieces of gear I strongly regret selling.

And yeah, the demo Michael did of the plugin against the rack unit a few years ago, alongside the other shootouts he's done against the 2290, are all excellent. I really hope he does similar here.
I dont use the 5150 in the axe but i bought one anyway :lol: trick or treat yo’self

sylcfh

Reaction score
Warning: If you chain this with the Boss EVH delay you may open a wormhole.

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
so for someone like me who isn't intimately familiar with the 2290, how does this compare to something like the Strymon Timeline that's priced about the same?

tayistay

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I just can't buy anything with a knob labeled "Keyboard."

Marked Man

Reaction score
will this get me to take the deluxe memory man off my pedal board? no

will it be massively better than the DD500 I already have and don't have on my pedal board? no

am I going to buy one? more than likely

More = More.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
so for someone like me who isn't intimately familiar with the 2290, how does this compare to something like the Strymon Timeline that's priced about the same?
The 2290 is more or less just a digital delay with some modulation but it's based on a legendary rackmount delay that is highly sought after.
The Timeline has multiple delay modes; digital, tape, analog, ping-pong, etc... So unless you're a 'super fan' of the 2290, the Timeline is a lot more versatile in terms of kinds of delay available.

Marked Man

Reaction score
The 2290 is more or less just a digital delay with some modulation but it's based on a legendary rackmount delay that is highly sought after.
The Timeline has multiple delay modes; digital, tape, analog, ping-pong, etc... So unless you're a 'super fan' of the 2290, the Timeline is a lot more versatile in terms of kinds of delay available.

One thing I'll say about t.c. electronic delays I've heard is that they are very clean with hi gain and musically useful. Even the more basic NOVA delay, which I use. I've been trying to find an excuse to finally get the 2290....and it just arrived. :agreed:

Spinedriver

Reaction score
One thing I'll say about t.c. electronic delays I've heard is that they are very clean with hi gain and musically useful. Even the more basic NOVA delay, which I use. I've been trying to find an excuse to finally get the 2290....and it just arrived. :agreed:
I have the T.C.Triple Delay (which has a 2290 mode) and although it would be nice to have digital controls/display, I got it for $250 CDN at the time and it pretty much covers all the bases.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
That's pretty cool, but why not also release a rack version to just completely fill the 2290 needs?
If GIbson buys them out they can reissue the rack. lol. This thing looks cool but I'd like to see it in a half rack or full rack version. I just realized it's only got 10 sec of delay. I woudl've thought they'd upgrade to be on par with loopers too.