The Black Dahlia Murder continuing on, announces tribute show and future

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
Brian has been doing vocals to some degree for as long as the band has been around so I'm not too worried about him.

What I am stoked for is the return of Ryan Knight. His work with the band was their strongest material imo. Brandon has some good solos but the writing was never quite the same as it was with the Ryan/Brian combo.

I'm pretty hyped for this all in all.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Posted in the other thread that I'm hyped for this. Just got 3 tickets for me and my buddies to the Detroit show. Infinitely more hyped.
Man, I’m at work so I couldn’t grab them right away, so by the time I could check the tickets were listed at $1,000 each. :noplease:

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score
I heard Zakk Mylde and Charlie Bennette are filling in for Trevor between Pantera Dates.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Man, I’m at work so I couldn’t grab them right away, so by the time I could check the tickets were listed at $1,000 each. :noplease:
Fuck bots and scalpers. That's insane.
Who the fuck is gonna pay that much? Death metal fans don't typically have Coachella money.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
Just read the Decibel article and I really like where the band has their heads at with this going forward.

Trevor was always super cool about giving obscure bands exposure and getting their names out there. I've had the pleasure of seeing a lot of them open for TBDM that were relatively unknown and a band with that type of opportunity always plays their asses off. I saw Obscura this way with Augury, on the Deflorate tour and it's still one of my favorite shows I've ever been to. I'm pretty sure this was Obscura's first major US tour as well. I got to see Fallujah and Disentomb in the same way. I'm going to be interested to see how the rest of the band manages to fill Trevs shoes in this regard.

I'm also admittedly a little worried for how the lyrics will be. I know Brian will still sound pretty good but Trevs lyrics were so masterfully written that's a big pair of shoes to fill.

All in all though, I'm happy with this outcome. At first I was pretty excited and now that it's been a few days for that to die down I think this is the best way forward. I'm happy for the guys but I'm always going to miss running into Trev in a crowd at a show and getting a big sweaty hug from him.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
If you want to hear Brian's vocals they're on this track. This is what the band will sound like:

He's on a lot of tracks. He does the lows on quite a few songs usually. From the top of my head he's on Blackest Incarnation, Deathmask Divine, Closed Casket Requiem. I think he's on most songs to some degree really.

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
The tribute show is tonight. I look forward to hearing the reviews on how it was from people who go. I can't imaging it being anything short of awesome. I was curious about ticket prices and on the second hand market the cheapest I found was about $140. The most expensive I saw were $256!

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Well that was a fucking good time. Brian killed it on vocals, though I feel like he isn't used to being a front man and wasn't too dynamic on stage, but that's fine. Brandon and Ryan crushed it, but really everyone did. So glad I got to go see this and hoping they decide to keep touring and putting out new stuff.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Well that was a fucking good time. Brian killed it on vocals, though I feel like he isn't used to being a front man and wasn't too dynamic on stage, but that's fine. Brandon and Ryan crushed it, but really everyone did. So glad I got to go see this and hoping they decide to keep touring and putting out new stuff.
Well yeah, dude has had a guitar strapped to him the whole time :lol:.

Really stoked this happened and look forward to catching this lineup.

sleewell

Reaction score
Holy shit that was an insane show, like straight bonkers every second . We were up near the front, like 3 or 4 people back just in the front of the pit getting crushed all set. Multiple different times I thought i was going to die haha. My old ass was that meme where the old guy was doubled over exhausted after two songs struggling for air hahaha.

They were really tight. Brian did so great, he needs to lean into and embrace being a front man bc his skills are def there... i bet it comes with time and Trevor was such a massive personality so its gotta be huge shoes to fill especially when you miss your buddy. Guitars sounded killer. I think I saw 6505+ but couldn't see cabs bc they were mounted in road cases w black covers. But the riffs were crushing and the solos ripped faces.

Black Dahlia in Detroit is a fucking experience. The pit was extra gnarly, people were crowd surfing non stop, people singing every word. really really good energy.

Really glad i went, going to remember that for a while.

Last edited:

Necky379

Reaction score
Holy shit that was an insane show, like straight bonkers every second . We were up near the front, like 3 or 4 people back just in the front of the pit getting crushed all set. Multiple different times I thought i was going to die haha. My old ass was that meme where the old guy was doubled over exhausted after two songs struggling for air hahaha.

They were really tight. Brian did so great, he needs to lean into and embrace being a front man bc his skills are def there... i bet it comes with time and Trevor was such a massive personality so its gotta be huge shoes to fill especially when you miss your buddy. Guitars sounded killer. I think I saw 6505+ but couldn't see cabs bc they were mounted in road cases w black covers. But the riffs were crushing and the solos ripped faces.

Black Dahlia in Detroit is a fucking experience. The pit was extra gnarly, people were crowd surfing non stop, people singing every word. really really good energy.

Really glad i went, going to remember that for a while.
Probably the same Almighty cabs they’ve used forever, I can’t remember the whole story behind those but it’s something like a member from Walls of Jericho was building cabs back when. I think TBDM uses K100 loaded Almighty’s that are built into road cases and don’t have markings.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Sounds like a killer gig. Everyone who got to attend should be glad they got to be there on such an important night in TBDM history.

I hope they can find a way to carry on and continue to make a living with it. If Ryan can't stay on, maybe they could get a touring guitarist and Brian could continue to do the bulk of the song writing.