The Black Dahlia Murder continuing on, announces tribute show and future

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sleewell

Reaction score
Thats awesome, thanks for posting it. My buddy Calvin gets tossed over the front at 5:28, he's the skinny black dude w the fro.

I think everything went black was the highlight for me but every song was fire.

Max was using omega cabs, his tone was great too.

Those dudes kick so much ass.

Last edited:

SCJR

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Kind of forgot how big this band was for me and my friends in high school. A local dude who used to record our band showed us the Nocturnal title track and we were hooked. Nocturnal and Deflorate is about as good of a one-two punch as any I can think of.

neurosis

Reaction score
Kind of forgot how big this band was for me and my friends in high school. A local dude who used to record our band showed us the Nocturnal title track and we were hooked. Nocturnal and Deflorate is about as good of a one-two punch as any I can think of.
This band is important. And it has strange cross-over appeal. Somehow even girls in my college were into this band. People that don't care about metal at all otherwise.

SCJR

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This band is important. And it has strange cross-over appeal. Somehow even girls in my college were into this band. People that don't care about metal at all otherwise.
Interesting you say that, my fiance was into this band before I met her as well and she wasn't going much beyond A Day to Remember in high school so I definitely think you're right.

Also I don't know if it's Ellis/Knight elevating the material live or if I've just come to appreciate the quirks but John's solos have always gotten some decent flak by myself and others and I don't mind them as much as I used to.

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
i've honestly always liked John's solos more, even though i've also known that Ryan and Brandon could play circles around him on his best day. maybe it's nostalgia but i'd rather listen to any solo on Miasma or Nocturnal over almost any Ryan/Brandon solo. that being said, i love hearing the little twists that Brandon does on John's solos live.

that being said, i was heartbroken when John got booted because i figured they'd never be good again (i was like 13 or 14) and went down a rabbit hole reading about why, and the gist i got was that he basically contributed nothing and other members had to help him write his solos by humming melodies and stuff like that, so i'm sure it was a huge relief to them to have someone who was a virtuoso by comparison come in