The BlacKat Guitars thread

bschmidt

chug life
Reaction score
can anyone explain to me the difference between ninja, leon, feral, tiger, etc.? :scratch:

as far as i can each model can be the strat or tele shape.. are the models to differentiate woods + hardware?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Orandje

Reaction score
can anyone explain to me the difference between ninja, leon, feral, tiger, etc.? :scratch:

as far as i can each model can be the strat or tele shape.. are the models to differentiate woods + hardware?

The Feral Model is the latest creation of BlacKat and is representing the cheaper Version semi-custom Guitars they build, which feature the same Hardware and Craftmanship as they use for the Ninja and Leon.

The Ninja and Leon Models are the more expensive Custom Guitars, Ninja being a Level under Leon, which feature even more Options to choose from like Full Plastic Bindings, Custom Finishes, Multiscaling, their BlacKat Inlay and If you got some other special requests they're open for new Ideas!

In comparison to that, the Feral has got only the option of changing the Pickups, other standart colours, a 27,1'' extended Neck instead of 25,5'' and the possibility getting a hardcase.
Everything is available as a 6, 7 or 8-String.
Starting from 1200€ to infinityyyyyyyyyy!

Here's the Pricelist: http://www.blackat-guitars.com/pricelist/BlacKat_pricelist.pdf

Often heard about that Tiger Model, but don't actually know what it is, maybe a discontinued older Model..

FAiRLiGHT

GUiTAR ADDiCT
Reaction score
Tiger is discontinued, basically it's like a Feral with only bridge pickups

bschmidt

chug life
Reaction score
The Feral Model is the latest creation of BlacKat and is representing the cheaper Version semi-custom Guitars they build, which feature the same Hardware and Craftmanship as they use for the Ninja and Leon.

The Ninja and Leon Models are the more expensive Custom Guitars, Ninja being a Level under Leon, which feature even more Options to choose from like Full Plastic Bindings, Custom Finishes, Multiscaling, their BlacKat Inlay and If you got some other special requests they're open for new Ideas!

In comparison to that, the Feral has got only the option of changing the Pickups, other standart colours, a 27,1'' extended Neck instead of 25,5'' and the possibility getting a hardcase.
Everything is available as a 6, 7 or 8-String.
Starting from 1200€ to infinityyyyyyyyyy!

Here's the Pricelist: http://www.blackat-guitars.com/pricelist/BlacKat_pricelist.pdf

Often heard about that Tiger Model, but don't actually know what it is, maybe a discontinued older Model..

cheers sir :metal:. one more question, if i'm in canada, i should be looking at the non-eu without vat pricelist right?

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
Huge photo dump! you can thank me now... or later.. =p

1964946_696281110429788_740824433_n.jpg

1511099_696280873763145_2038451834_n.jpg

1511008_696280717096494_1376265451_n.jpg

1958567_696280530429846_1319806745_n.jpg

1546436_696261043765128_3221430_n.jpg

1932309_696233183767914_136867256_n.jpg

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Man, I almost feel like Skervesen could open a shop just to do finishes. These things are incredible!

Antiproduct

Reaction score
I think I have to save a huge amount of money and spent it on some guitars of our polish brothers...
Jeezuz..

Dominik1986

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Came across Blackat Guitars a few days ago and I am really interested in them :)
Is it still possible to order? How long is the wait time? I tried e-mailing them but no reply yet, guess they are pretty busy :)

Kind regards,

Dominik

Orandje

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Came across Blackat Guitars a few days ago and I am really interested in them :)
Is it still possible to order? How long is the wait time? I tried e-mailing them but no reply yet, guess they are pretty busy :)

Kind regards,

Dominik

They are VERY busy and try to finish all the guitars they're currently working on.
Orders will NOT be taken at the moment, but it won't last that long untill they will again, I guess.
Feral Building Time ~2 Months, Ninja/Leon Builds ~ 3-4 Months, but usually takes a couple months more since a BlacKat Hype is ongoing and there's much stress in the house of BlacKat.
Scroll up to find the pricelist/custom order options or just google "BlacKat Pricelist 2013"

Dominik1986

Reaction score
They are VERY busy and try to finish all the guitars they're currently working on.
Orders will NOT be taken at the moment, but it won't last that long untill they will again, I guess.
Feral Building Time ~2 Months, Ninja/Leon Builds ~ 3-4 Months, but usually takes a couple months more since a BlacKat Hype is ongoing and there's much stress in the house of BlacKat.
Scroll up to find the pricelist/custom order options or just google "BlacKat Pricelist 2013"

Thanks for the info. I am not in a hurry, I just wanted to ask :) Thannk you!

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
Yeah, he is just doing what most people should be. Keeping his head down and building like crazy.

Orandje

Reaction score
I would assume that BlacKat will take orders some Time sooner or later after catching up with all the last builds.
Other than that Tomek is kinda optimizing and preparing the company for 2014 and the future so you have to be a bit more patient.
New Updates will surely come! :)

I hope that I can snack up one of the next Ninja 7 builds, the demand seems to grow immensly! :)

Fringe

Reaction score
Hey guys..did anyone get ANY update from Tom lately? My Leon 2S is in for repairs and well it was okey that it takes longer than expected..can always happen but latest info was beginning of May and well..that's a bit over now. And I don't get any reply to my mails anymore (I'm not spamming him..I'm talking about once in 2 weeks).

I'm starting to get a bit angry honestly said... So anyone got anything from him lately?