The BlacKat Guitars thread

Lotra

Reaction score
+1

this has absolutely nothing to do with Poland. Poland is a great country with lots of very cool people! This could have happened everywhere...still a shame but certainly I'm not mad about Poland, I'm mad about Tom...

It was a joke..... due to I'm facing a similar problem with another Polish company.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fringe

Reaction score
It was a joke..... due to I'm facing a similar problem with another Polish company.....

Not good...I hope it works out for you! And no prob about your joke..I just didn't want this to go in the wrong direction!

Lotra

Reaction score
Not good...I hope it works out for you! And no prob about your joke..I just didn't want this to go in the wrong direction!

Why it should ????
I work with hundreds of Polish daily and the majority are very nice people.
Worked before also with Tobiasz from Hesu, awesome guy...great comunication...
If my buit goes bad....probably my money will go to another Polish company....already spoke with Maciek....very nice guy and very helpful

Fringe

Reaction score
Well you know how it is...one guy makes a joke...another one doesn't get it...things get heated up and in the end there is a discussion never meant to be, so it's best to stop it as long as it's easy to do so...it was not meant to offend you :)

BlacKat Guitars

Reaction score
Hi all,
I admit - I screwed up on communication and delayed Fringe's repair. 3-years warranty is for original buyers only so normally it wouldn't cover Fringe's guitar. There are some signs on the neck (burn under truss rod cover, discoloration of inlay) that show that neck was subject to excessive heat/direct sunlight, also a possible cause to refuse warranty repair. The guitar is on it's way back to Germany, apart from repair (frets replaced with stainless steel jescar jumbos, new nut, upgraded electronics), Fringe received some pseudo addons (I covered shipping cost back to Germany, replaced hardcase with new hiscox with BlacKat logo, added blackat branded fretwrap) and will get new neck as soon as we reboot our production with no cost for him. I delayed it because I was not happy with end result of the repair (mainly caused by poor state of the neck to begin with) and wanted to replace the neck with new one but new production of necks hasn't started yet because we had some issues with cnc. In the end I refreshed old neck to the best condition I could and will replace it later with new one when we're up and running with production. Warranty repairs will go smooth as soon as we reboot production because we will be able to manufacture replacement parts in cases when repair is too problematic (like on Fringe's guitar).

Timing for this one and for Ill-Gotten James' guitar was really bad as I'm putting all my effort into rebooting production and things here are quite chaotic and busy - that's why we're not accepting new builds for some time now and that's why I'm not communicating very efficiently. I took my time to work on new cad models because it is necessary to start building (there are still 7 customers waiting for BlacKats) and also it seemed that we could have first succesful neck prototypes any day as everything was progressing nicely so I was hoping I could ship Fringe's guitar with new neck. I received Ill-Gotten James' guitar in June, assembled it and now it's ready for shipping, waiting for payment.

While there's been some negative vibe going with BlacKat lately, I'm sure we will reward it with new production that is putting our guitars on completely new level.

Tom

Fringe

Reaction score
Welcome back Tom!

As we already wrote yesterday about everything I guess we don't need to talk about anything of that. What I just wanted to make clear and also here officially not just in private:

I'm really thankful for the repairs and everything you've done and it is not taken granted that I got free repairs and I never expected it from the beginning.

All my anger was solely based on the lack of communication and the delay that occured with it. I'm glad you're back and I'm sure everything will be on track very soon!

Thanks and also not just in private: Sorry for being quite bitchy at some points!

BlacKat Guitars

Reaction score
No problem Fringe, and as I wrote, I'm not dodging from harsh words - you are right, I should communicate with my customers and work faster - hopefuly all this will be better after we end initial setup of workshop.

Just wanted to emphasize this:
This is not "another builder going down situation" that you all guys have seen here so many times. We're not screwing anyone over.

Tom

redwng1

Reaction score
No problem Fringe, and as I wrote, I'm not dodging from harsh words - you are right, I should communicate with my customers and work faster - hopefuly all this will be better after we end initial setup of workshop.

Just wanted to emphasize this:
This is not "another builder going down situation" that you all guys have seen here so many times. We're not screwing anyone over.

Tom

Tom,
Do you have a time line on when you think you will be accepting new orders? Have had my eye on that Leon 6 QM White/ Bluburst. I am ready my friend :wavey:

Ill-Gotten James

Reaction score
I'll throw some of my input in since my guitar is really behind schedule. Despite having to wait this long for my guitar, Tom has been very polite and also addressed my concerns regarding the build. I give people credit who are honest with me with and don't try to bullshit me, like another builder who I dealt with the other year. When Tom realized that somehow my guitar was missed in the build queue, he apologized, told me what had happened and had Skervesen begin building it asap. Though I do not have the guitar in my hands yet I am eagerly awaiting it. I've never played or owned a Blackat guitar, but I am looking forward for having it in my hands and seeing how it feels.

Here's a teaser of what awaits.

Attachments

• je2.jpg
    je2.jpg
    590.4 KB · Views: 179

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
I'll throw some of my input in since my guitar is really behind schedule. Despite having to wait this long for my guitar, Tom has been very polite and also addressed my concerns regarding the build. I give people credit who are honest with me with and don't try to bullshit me, like another builder who I dealt with the other year. When Tom realized that somehow my guitar was missed in the build queue, he apologized, told me what had happened and had Skervesen begin building it asap. Though I do not have the guitar in my hands yet I am eagerly awaiting it. I've never played or owned a Blackat guitar, but I am looking forward for having it in my hands and seeing how it feels.

Here's a teaser of what awaits.

That looks amazing. Stoked to see Tom start picking things back up.

Ill-Gotten James

Reaction score
So that was like the fastest shipping from overseas ever. Thanks Tom, guitar feels great. For the rest of you, full pics and proper NGD when I have time.

Orandje

Reaction score
BlacKat has really dissapointed me with the 14 Months of Absence.
They don't clearly know how much of a crowd they've lost over the year 2014.
I've always wanted one myself but this definately takes way too long to update a pricelist and try different models.
Would they produce guitars and develop ideas at the same time as Carvin does they would gain just a shitload!

Really sad.. hope they will get up again tho

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Guess why Carvin can put out guitars and ideas at the same time? They have a running shop with working CNCs. Blackat has repeatedly stated that they are setting up for a similar arrangement. It takes time to set up a shop. Get off their back and let them prepare; at least they're not trying to still sell guitars while they can't.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
No Facebook posts for 3 months now. Updates show they were working on a batch of 12 guitars.

FAiRLiGHT

GUiTAR ADDiCT
Reaction score
Don't worry they are still here and working, Tomek is doing everything to start the new Blackats production the right way
He wants to be able to handle the orders, not only taking orders to get money and starting a f*cking waiting list

aciek_l

Reaction score
Something should be happening soon. :) On Facebook there are some "old" guitars for sale and a photo of new one in progress.
11038891_899443173446913_3223653413779642540_o.jpg