The Car Thread

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • Tags
    black dingus
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

troyguitar

Reaction score
I would have bought a Commodore wagon instead of the Audi if they were allowed in this country.

The Chevy SS is automatic only == worthless.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EdgeC

Songs in C#
Reaction score
Stanceworks is my inspiration for life. :lol: My buddy used to have a Rabbit that was featured in SW.

He's now working on an S13 project, which will inevitably be awesome. I'm also gonna be stopping by a VW meet on Thursday, so maybe I can get some local stance pics for you guys.

I know I'm banging on a bit about commodores but this is a nice stanced wagon:

OxP-3.jpg

And G8:
stance_Pontiac_G8_slammed_11.jpg

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I would have bought a Commodore wagon instead of the Audi if they were allowed in this country.

The Chevy SS is automatic only == worthless.

I enjoy a nice automatic. A good tune for your paddle shift/autostick mode makes a huge difference. Would I like a clutch in my Charger? Meh, kinda. It's really nice to have an auto when you have a mobile job though. The Auto in my old Grand Prix GTP was absolute junk... but the one in my Charger is fantastic once its tuned; which mine has been.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Yeah I'm a bit of a dinosaur/purist. If it weren't for weather and hauling things, I would buy a Lotus Elise and drive it every day. Solid manual trans, no power steering, no traction control, no stability control, no active suspension, no computer driving the damn car for me.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
^One of the most fun times I've ever had was driving my friend's Lotus Exige through a vacant, mostly built neighborhood. Fresh, clean, black asphalt in the middle of nowhere.

Absolute blast, no other way of describing it.

imprinted

Reaction score
My dirty girls:

2004 Volkswagen R32, 1989 Sporty

Spot the differences!

My one's on Weitec GT coilovers, has a Carbonio CF CAI, Seat Cupra R front splitter, R36 Coilpack Covers, Milltek Cat-Back exhaust and a minor remap. It's lovely but I'm wanting to go back to a Jap Twin Turbo machine again as they're more fun for me! :lol:

Last edited:

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
Spot the differences!

My one's on Weitec GT coilovers, has a Carbonio CF CAI, Seat Cupra R front splitter, R36 Coilpack Covers, Milltek Cat-Back exhaust and a minor remap. It's lovely but I'm wanting to go back to a Jap Twin Turbo machine again as they're more fun for me! :lol:

Nice! I wish I had the extra dough to mod mine a bit, but I've had nothing but shit luck out of this thing since I bought it. I kind of can't wait to get rid of it :/

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
Okay. 17, UK, just about to do my driving test. I hear that if you own a business, you don't have to pay any VAT on a van. My dad says that I could start a business do nothing for a month, buy a van with no VAT, close the business.
Will this work or is he making it up?

Vhyle

Jackson Shill
Reaction score
Funny thing is is that it's kind of your fault. :lol:
Your M1009 is amazing.

Haha, thanks man. I get compliments almost daily around here. I'm definitely not used to it but it turns heads. Especially on post, where everyone else and their mom drives new Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers.

I did a bit of painting to it recently. I painted the bowtie trim and instrument cluster trim with Chevy engine orange. And I painted the blackout light and slave port black, to match the rest of the truck

IMAG0161_zps12a38407.jpg

IMAG0177_zps07a1ec40.jpg

Mendez

Reaction score
Just liked all the recent VW Golf/rabbits/GTI/R32 :lol:

My GTI has been alright, handles pretty damn good and all. That tiny turbo takes some getting used to, just kicks in with no turbo lag. Gotta be careful with that gas pedal haha.

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
Just liked all the recent VW Golf/rabbits/GTI/R32 :lol:

My GTI has been alright, handles pretty damn good and all. That tiny turbo takes some getting used to, just kicks in with no turbo lag. Gotta be careful with that gas pedal haha.

My R32 is by far one of the most fun cars that I've ever driven. It's like a giant go-kart!

imprinted

Reaction score
I'll have to back that statement. Lowering it just adds to the sensation! It is eminently chuckable round corners and with a good set of tyres on it it's magnificent. Like I said - JDM RWD TT is next I think. Maybe an R33 GTR if I can find a LM edition in Champion Blue but they won't be cheap!

Last edited:

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I guess I'm the VW dummy who bought a Jetta instead of the cool GTI/R32. :( Alas, I shall make it my own.

Vhyle

Jackson Shill
Reaction score
I'll have to back that statement. Lowering it just adds to the sensation! It is eminently chuckable round corners and with a good set of tyres on it it's magnificent. Like I said - JDM RWD TT is next I think. Maybe an R33 GTR if I can find a LM edition in Champion Blue but they won't be cheap!

Lucky for you, R33s (or any other Skyline) are readily available. For us, getting one here involves a lot of red tape, even more money, and many hassles. Years ago, I looked into the process of getting a Skyline shipped here legally, and it made my head spin. It may be different now, I don't know. But I imagine it's even harder now because the EPA and DOT make big bucks for making it harder.