The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Black limba + royal ebony

Screenshot_20191116-155223_Samsung Internet.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Gas'ing hard for a zeus for a graduation present for myself. I was wanting one with a black limbabody/maple neck/maple fretboard but thinking if I should opt for the free upgrades (roasted maple neck + royal ebony board). I'm looking to keep it a simple build and worried the black limba body and royal ebony board may look to busy :S
Sounds like a good combo to me. I'd go for that over roasted personally.

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
Thinking about a Delos 7. With the free options its almost impossible to find somethign comparable in the 7 string maket. The closet thing is the Charvel NOVA but the guitar I have specced out is only 1179 and that is with a metallic finish

spudmunkey

Reaction score

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
So what is the type/design of the Kiesel 7 string singles? I'm assuming they are a 7 version of one of their 6es?

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
Do you guys have any experience with the Holdsworth pickup set and how would you compare It to the lithiums?

I've ordered a VM7 with the KH set and was looking for reviews.
For what I've seen on demos they seems more well rounded and less treble-focused then the lithiums.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
The ones in the photo are EMG's. They have 7-string singles of their Lithiums, for sure, and i think Berylliums. They *might* have their old A13.
Asking for a friend who juuussst bought an sss 7.:lol:

So going through the builder they only show Lithium 7 singles for the SSS option at least. But maybe there are others on the secret menu/phone call.

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
Asking for a friend who juuussst bought an sss 7.:lol:

So going through the builder they only show Lithium 7 singles for the SSS option at least. But maybe there are others on the secret menu/phone call.
Yeah I would assume so. When I get home I'll take them out and show you what I got

spudmunkey

Reaction score
"New model" coming tomorrow morning, but based on the low-key, short-term teaser, and how were not near NAMM, I'm expecting it to just be something like an options package for the Delos for Frank Gambale (a similar sort of thing they did for their Cam Liddell model), or maaaaaaybe a multiscale headless version of the Vader or Osiris basses.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Stupid question but these Floyd roses like on mine, are they OFR 7s or something different?

They are the Korean made 1000 series.

Same materials as a German Schaller made unit, just cheaper (and with different string spacing).

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
1000 also has a flatter nut radius. I think the OFR7 is 10", so unless it's a compound radius, a lot of these guitars are better off with the 1000 nut, which I think is 15"? Makes a big difference. I've struggled to get some guitars set up before I realized what was going on.

kisielk

Reaction score
I'm like this >>><<< close to ordering an HH2, even though they're still building my Zeus... if I wasn't so indecisive about colour I probably would have done it already.

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
They are the Korean made 1000 series.

Same materials as a German Schaller made unit, just cheaper (and with different string spacing).

1000 also has a flatter nut radius. I think the OFR7 is 10", so unless it's a compound radius, a lot of these guitars are better off with the 1000 nut, which I think is 15"? Makes a big difference. I've struggled to get some guitars set up before I realized what was going on.

Ah cool,.thanks! Can definitely tell.the flatter nut radius
Ah cool thanks. You