The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

trem licking

Reaction score
am not gonna buy, but i kinda dig this new shape. mistake making the 8 multiscale only though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH

CARVIN = KIESEL ???

I cant beleive i didnt know they changed their name...why? Carvin is way cooler than Kiesel...
The two companies split and Jeff wanted to honor his Grandfather and family name. The business actually started out as Kiesel, but his Grandfather had to change the name I believe due to legal reasons. Now it's back to it's original name.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
am not gonna buy, but i kinda dig this new shape. mistake making the 8 multiscale only though.

When they 1st started releasing 8 strings and multi scales, they used to do both… but over time, for whatever reason, their customers just don't buy many of the straight scale 8 strings, so ever since about the SCB8, they have stopped to coming out with straight scale 8 strings for new models.

Politics of Ecstasy

OG Shredder
Reaction score
When they 1st started releasing 8 strings and multi scales, they used to do both… but over time, for whatever reason, their customers just don't buy many of the straight scale 8 strings, so ever since about the SCB8, they have stopped to coming out with straight scale 8 strings for new models.
And the only one i want is the pink SCB8 with Floyd/Fishman

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
Not a huge fan of the new shape. I really don't like offset V type things. Mostly because they go in stands/lean against walls at a weird angle. No headstock means you need one of those wall hangers that holds the neck and body, which takes up stupid space and ruins the convenience of having your guitar in a stand. Oddly enough, it has me gassing pretty hard for a Vader 7, though. No bigger regret as far as selling gear goes than selling my Vader.

kisielk

Reaction score
There's something strange going on with a specific guitar in Kiesel's IN STOCK section. Specifically, this guitar: https://www.kieselguitars.com/guitars-in-stock/140852
This EXACT same guitar can be seen in this video from over a month ago:

Is Kiesel reselling a used endorser guitar as a new instrument??

I always assumed most of the in stock instruments were demos or customer returns. They are usually discounted compared to building the same specs yourself. Right now the discount is even bigger than normal because of the Black Friday sale.

Bdtunn

Reaction score
Dammit I usually don’t drool over kiesel but that x is, what to the keisel followers say....rad!!

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
I don't hate it, but having the lower leg longer with the lower horn shorter makes it seem uncomfortable to play seated (I'm a righty that puts the guitar on my left leg).

NickS

New solution, problem changed
Reaction score
Nope.

The shape sucks, and I hate (almost all) headless guitars.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As with all of the Kiesel X and V guitars they need to flip the lower two horns... lower horn should never be longer than the upper on the bottom of the guitar, it just doesn't look right :2c:

Flip those and I would love this.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Well, technically the upper horn was the longest, but Jeff beveled it off.
hqdefault.jpg

spudmunkey

Reaction score
♂️ to me, the longer lower horns always made the most sense, in terms of balance. In my head it acts like the keel of a ship or something. To me, when played standing, Kiesel's UltraV is my favorite-lookong V shape. I dont play in classical position, so that aspect wouldn't effect me. I have never cared for the V220 or X220, though.

Also not hot in the new model, but I think this should appease 80+% of the people asking for a "headless V220"...which, suprisingly, exist. The only ones it wont would be those degenerates who would expect the body to be the same full size.